Cannabis

Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:42 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Couldn't organise a bad smell in an outhouse.
Full implementation of legal cannabis could be delayed beyond July 1 - Politics - CBC News
Old Feb 7th 2018, 6:14 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up yesterday to a radio report of bad crash on Highway 1.
Woke up this morning to a radio report of bad overnight crash in Coquitlam.
And these at a time when pot isn't legal. If 'sober' drivers can cause the crashes I hear about, what'll happen when they're stoned?
Old Feb 7th 2018, 10:40 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
And these at a time when pot isn't legal. If 'sober' drivers can cause the crashes I hear about, what'll happen when they're stoned?
Wasn't there a stat once that suggested drunk driving was safer than sober? Something like "10% of accidents involved drunk driving" so that meant that sober drivers were responsible 90% of the time.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's highway 1, too much volume and simple too small in many smarts to accommodate traffic safely, and some bad driving mixed in, some reason BC folks can't drive, but I think much of it is linked to frustration because of the bad congestion we experience daily because our road system is so poor.

I believe the one overnight crash though was due to a pedestrian walking down the highway.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:36 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

People will drive much slower
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think drivers are necessarily 'sober'? Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean people aren't partaking.

I'd rather be in a vehicle driven by a someone under the influence of cannabis than under the influence of alcohol, personally. Sober and not under the influence of anything would be preferable, of course.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:03 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What makes you think drivers are necessarily 'sober'? Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean people aren't partaking.
I'd rather be in a vehicle driven by a someone under the influence of cannabis than under the influence of alcohol, personally. Sober and not under the influence of anything would be preferable, of course.
The way I look at it is giving people the feeling that smoking pot's ok, with the inference that driving'll be ok too, will be like adding a pile of new horse manure onto an existing pile of stinking horse manure. It's just a bigger pile to have to clear up when the ideal is not to have kept the horse in the first place.

Perhaps I shouldn't drive if that's all I can come up with... and I'm sober.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 8:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The way I look at it is giving people the feeling that smoking pot's ok, with the inference that driving'll be ok too, will be like adding a pile of new horse manure onto an existing pile of stinking horse manure. It's just a bigger pile to have to clear up when the ideal is not to have kept the horse in the first place.

There are laws to be put in place to accompany the new legislation on pot though (in addition to federal laws), so hopefully your fears won't be realised. I think it would be naive to believe that drivers don't already drive 'under the influence' though.

Old Feb 7th 2018, 8:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think it possible for anyone to have missed out on the reams of press about the laws re: driving under the influence and the new devices and training for police to detect it.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 10:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Also this: Girl Scout sells 300 boxes of cookies outside pot shop.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...hop/316042002/
Old May 21st 2018, 6:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Bump, what could well happen to the legal market: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/cana...rket-1.3938806
Old May 21st 2018, 7:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Bump, what could well happen to the legal market: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/cana...rket-1.3938806
Prices are less likely to crash. Huge consolidation of growers. One grower in Canada now has 1.4m Sq Feet in production. Two or 3 other big growers are buying up the small ones. More control on production and pricing.
Old May 21st 2018, 7:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aviator
Prices are less likely to crash. Huge consolidation of growers. One grower in Canada now has 1.4m Sq Feet in production. Two or 3 other big growers are buying up the small ones. More control on production and pricing.
It's $1000/lb - $1500/lb under the table in Canada now.
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

As a matter of interest, is any medical-cannabis grower a publicly quoted company? Made-in-Canada cannabis oil is available here in Cayman on prescription, and I wondered who might be making it.
Old May 22nd 2018, 3:23 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
As a matter of interest, is any medical-cannabis grower a publicly quoted company? Made-in-Canada cannabis oil is available here in Cayman on prescription, and I wondered who might be making it.
Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.