Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:19 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Where in Italy are you? It might be hard sourcing a dish larger than 100cm, although not impossible. English TV great for sports at the moment with all the Euro 2012 matches and will get even better in the coming weeks, e.g. Wimbledon, Olympics, Australia and South Africa in the cricket, etc.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:57 am
Just Joined

HCChambers is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm located in the Pordenone (Aviano) area, any ideas where to start looking for a dish?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:20 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea locally apart from eBay, Amazon or Subito.it to source the dish. For your location, I would suggest 120 to 150 cm considering you're further east than I am. There are rumours that the footprint on the new satellites next year might be shifting towards the west, resulting in a weak signal now in the east being virtually non-existent after the shift. They're just rumours though.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody have their skybox (pace 2600) connected directly to their home entertainment system?

My Sony whatever does not have scart input/output and my skybox does not have hdmi. Any hope of these 2 speaking to each other?

I would love to listen to sky radio stations without the tv on
Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:54 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Wiffy
Does anybody have their skybox (pace 2600) connected directly to their home entertainment system?

My Sony whatever does not have scart input/output and my skybox does not have hdmi. Any hope of these 2 speaking to each other?

I would love to listen to sky radio stations without the tv on
The Pace 2600 should have phono outputs, i.e. 1 red (sometimes black if the company wants to save on the red plastic) and 1 white. Although not cutting edge or digital, this should give you a nostalgic sound. Check if the Sony has these inputs, it might have 3 inputs: 1 red (or black), 1 white and 1 yellow. The red and white are for stereo sound (left and right speakers) and the yellow for video but you do not need to connect the yellow cable. On the Sony choose line-in or something similar to listen.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer
The Pace 2600 should have phono outputs, i.e. 1 red (sometimes black if the company wants to save on the red plastic) and 1 white. Although not cutting edge or digital, this should give you a nostalgic sound. Check if the Sony has these inputs, it might have 3 inputs: 1 red (or black), 1 white and 1 yellow. The red and white are for stereo sound (left and right speakers) and the yellow for video but you do not need to connect the yellow cable. On the Sony choose line-in or something similar to listen.
Thanks for this - the Sony has audio-in L/R jacks & the Pace the red/white jacks. Will try this after work. Thanks again!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Saw an interesting article on you-tube. If you have iphone or i pad and it is jail-broken you can get an app called tv splitter you then plug your i phone into the TV with 3 jacks and watch your Iphone on the tv..

My Iphone is not hacked and I watch "FilmOn", it is an app on Iphone that lets you watch UK TV LIVE..Strange thing is if you have "FilmOn" on your PC you cannot watch it but through your iphone/pad you can...
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Film On gives around a dozen UK channels with it's IPhone, IPad app. BBC1,2 ITV 1,2,3,4 etc. You can link up to tv with HD cable. Been around for a couple of years now and I think was always specifically designed with apple mobile devices compatibility in mind. (hence, incompatibility with pc). Its a free app and for anyone with an IPhone, IPad and good Internet connection its great. Good post Mr Posh.

Last edited by Capo Boi; Jun 18th 2012 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

It works! The sound is indeed 'nostalgic'.

Thanks a bunch!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

I am a total technophobe but for my sanity (and that of my children) really want to make sure we can get Sky installed fairly quickly when we get to Italy. So I have just bought:

1.2m Satellite dish
Invacom quad LNB QDH 031 (as recommended by Duffer)

My sky+ subscription getting transferred to my brothers address. We will take our box and viewing card with us.

I know I need cable but hope to get in Italy as I have no idea how much I need.

I have read this thread and re read it just in case I have missed something. If anyone (em Duffer?) knows otherwise please let me know. We will be around 10km west of Verona. My FIL (who's roof we intend to install our dish on) just cannot get his head round the fact that we can (hopefully) get UK TV and thinks we are wasting our money. #needtoprovehimwrong!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:28 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by malcesine99
I am a total technophobe but for my sanity (and that of my children) really want to make sure we can get Sky installed fairly quickly when we get to Italy. So I have just bought:

1.2m Satellite dish
Invacom quad LNB QDH 031 (as recommended by Duffer)

My sky+ subscription getting transferred to my brothers address. We will take our box and viewing card with us.

I know I need cable but hope to get in Italy as I have no idea how much I need.

I have read this thread and re read it just in case I have missed something. If anyone (em Duffer?) knows otherwise please let me know. We will be around 10km west of Verona. My FIL (who's roof we intend to install our dish on) just cannot get his head round the fact that we can (hopefully) get UK TV and thinks we are wasting our money. #needtoprovehimwrong!
Just a thought, my 1.2 dish is metal and fairly heavy, so the bracket we have for it is quite heavy duty and we have attached that to a thick bit of pole, around 8cm think, like the ones used in scaffolding.

Just point it in the correct direction, 28.2 degrees east and you should be all set. The Sky box is already tuned to lock onto the correct satellite.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:30 am
Pull my finger

BTW where did you get the 1.2m dish from? They're not that easily available.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Just a thought, my 1.2 dish is metal and fairly heavy, so the bracket we have for it is quite heavy duty and we have attached that to a thick bit of pole, around 8cm think, like the ones used in scaffolding.

Just point it in the correct direction, 28.2 degrees east and you should be all set. The Sky box is already tuned to lock onto the correct satellite.
Thanks!
Got dish from systemsatdirect for £99.95 with free delv. Its steel (11.5kg), was an extra £30 for the alloy one(9.5kg). Paid £44.95 for the LNB from them as well. Did loads of searches and they came out the best price.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:21 am
Pull my finger

OK, good price. Mine is attached to the chimney. The pole is just placed directly on the roof, no point in raising it as it's too heavy. We have tied the pole with 2 metal belts, not sure what they're called in English.

Your subscription is already active and paired to your Sky box so there is not much to so apart from getting the cable. Two are required for 1 Sky plus box.

Keep us updated with how you get on.

Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Film On gives around a dozen UK channels with it's IPhone, IPad app. BBC1,2 ITV 1,2,3,4 etc. You can link up to tv with HD cable. Been around for a couple of years now and I think was always specifically designed with apple mobile devices compatibility in mind. (hence, incompatibility with pc). Its a free app and for anyone with an IPhone, IPad and good Internet connection its great. Good post Mr Posh.
Yes good app even though the streaming gets 'stuck' a bit sometimes and it's a tad annoying. Probably the crappy Vodafone internet thing.
I noticed also from watching footy/tennis that's it's a couple of minutes delayed.
Still, beggars can't be choosers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.