Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Jun 19th 2015, 10:00 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

I obviously meant plug in and play above, doh!

Yes it's one of the latest models but the previous models are at good prices. Netflix, Hulu, etc. It handles everything that any smartphone or tablet can do but with the benefit of having it connected directly to your TV. You can then use a tablet or smartphone as the remote control.

Mine came with a wi-fi remote control as well but if you like to play games, then it's best to use the touchscreen of your smartphone/tablet.

Mine is attached to the back of my TV out of sight.

Definitely agree about the SmartDNS services if you are using it for streaming. If you have a fast internet connection then the add security benefits of VPN outweigh the hit you take on the internet speed and if you shop around, the prices do not differ so much.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

MarcFarmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sound bar

Watching SKY tv with great sound bar is the best.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 9:03 am
Just Joined

benwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond reputebenwarburton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Originally Posted by david21038
Hi! For News and for all similar channels (BBC, CCTV, Al Jazeera ...) it is possible to use an ordinary dish on the roof or on a terrace and just buying DIGIQUEST with 200 euro more o less. No subscriptions, no additional costs. After you can get: TIVUSAT, HOT BIRD, ASTRA 19E, EUROBIRD 9. Bye
That is expensive if its nonrecordable,you can get a humax freesat hdr for that money which is a really good machine.You will still need at least a 1 metre dish which is a little above ordinary.Just saying.