Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The secret is to use intero milk and not scremato if you want a consistency that is thick.My mother always makes her own yoghurt.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Tommy girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Dear people, please help me! I need to find a place in Vicenza or nearby that makes and sells penattone. I'm trying to surprise my American friend that lives in Vicenza and I want to find the company that could deliver it to him on Christmas. Do you know of any place that would do that? Last year he bought me nice handmade penattone on Christmas somewhere near Vicenza. Do you know where it is?
Old Nov 12th 2012, 10:22 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommy girl
Dear people, please help me! I need to find a place in Vicenza or nearby that makes and sells penattone. I'm trying to surprise my American friend that lives in Vicenza and I want to find the company that could deliver it to him on Christmas. Do you know of any place that would do that? Last year he bought me nice handmade penattone on Christmas somewhere near Vicenza. Do you know where it is?
Dear Tommy Girl,

everywhere, but absolutely every supermarket sells Panettone for Christmas. They are already in all the shops and supermarkets.

For Vicenza, try and get in touch with Bauli or Melegatti or just Google "panettone Vicenza".
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:13 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Tommy. You aren't in Italy, are you? You can buy Panettone anywhere and everywhere here at xmas. If by 'handmade' you mean a cake shop one and not an industrial one there are tons of places in Vicenza. I you chose one near where he lives, they will often deliver. I can't recommend any because I buy mine in Turin.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks for help! I live in Ukraine and can only pay for it online and ask if they would deliver. I googled "panettone in Vicenza" and found loison company but they don't answer my email.
I would really prefer a cake shop and not an industrial one. It would have been great if they could pack it nicely and deliver it to him as if it's from their shop and not even from me. I'm trying this little scheme to make this Christmas special for him. So far, it hasn't worked that well.
Does anybody know how to pull it off? Will appreciate any advice.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

I would really prefer a cake shop and not an industrial one.
I agree, there's a big difference. However, some supermarkets (e.g. Esselunga and Coop) have their own cake-making departments and produce panettoni that are not at all bad, far better than the prepacked industrial ones. They cost a bit more, but nowhere near as much as from a cake shop (where they can cost €25 or more). Still, the cake shop version will impress more!
But couldn't someone who lives in or near Vicenza (naming no names) organise it for you, and you send the money to them?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

That would have been perfect and amazing! Is it possible? I would gladly send even more money for people's trouble. Do you guys know anybody that would do that? I only know him and nobody else from there.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 1:42 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anyone in Vicenza apart from Lorna!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Let us know, Lorna, Duffer and Tommy Girl, if you manage to organise something. It'll be interesting to know.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Let us know, Lorna, Duffer and Tommy Girl, if you manage to organise something. It'll be interesting to know.
Were I just a little bit nearer and doing things in Vicenza on a regular or weekly basis, I might offer.

I am 32 Km awaay from Vicenza and never go there. The last time I went was probably in 2000 because I had to renew my permesso di soggiorno at the dreaded Questura. I have been near Vicenza - but not in the city itself for a long time.

I haven't even met our friend Duffer!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Dear Duffer or Lorna, is it possible if I send money to any of you and you pay a child to do that? That would be perfect if a boy or a girl could bring it to him and just say "Merry Christmas"! I know it's too much to ask, but I've tried everything I could with shops and companies.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Were I just a little bit nearer and doing things in Vicenza on a regular or weekly basis, I might offer.

I am 32 Km awaay from Vicenza and never go there. The last time I went was probably in 2000 because I had to renew my permesso di soggiorno at the dreaded Questura. I have been near Vicenza - but not in the city itself for a long time.

I haven't even met our friend Duffer!
Oh, I see. Sorry, I wrote my reply before I saw yours.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just get one delivered from an online shop ? http://www.enotecalecantinedeidogi.c...e-Pandoro.aspx
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:12 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a good idea - in fact if you just Google 'panettone online' you should have a couple of other places to choose from. They're all in the Veneto region as well and all are artiginale/handmade.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you all, I will try that. Hope it's possible to have it delivered without him knowing it's from me.
Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.