Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Lidl have the big box of deluxe shortbread again I found a very cute box of walkers shortbread , they were all xmas shaped but at 31 euros a box I gave them a miss and went for Lidl's. I don't miss much uk food apart form the biccies
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The year before last I saw a box of walkers 6 mince pies for the princely sum of €8.50!!!!! We gave those a miss too......
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:04 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

- this is a very happy me because I got a parcel for my birthday. It had mince pies, shortbread, malteasers and lots of other treats plus books and mags and a couple of things that I'm not sure why Mum put them in. The only thing it didn't have was my birthday cake. Mum forgot to put it in.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
- this is a very happy me because I got a parcel for my birthday. It had mince pies, shortbread, malteasers and lots of other treats plus books and mags and a couple of things that I'm not sure why Mum put them in. The only thing it didn't have was my birthday cake. Mum forgot to put it in.
She is such a lovely Mum your mum.... I'll be getting on a plane in a weeks time so I'm waiting for my Mince pie fix..... must admit I actually prefer Shortbread more.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
She is such a lovely Mum your mum.... I'll be getting on a plane in a weeks time so I'm waiting for my Mince pie fix..... must admit I actually prefer Shortbread more.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY BODY
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Blimey, I have just seen Heinz Baked beans in Carrefour. At €2.09 a tin I think we will be doing without!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Blimey, I have just seen Heinz Baked beans in Carrefour. At €2.09 a tin I think we will be doing without!
Go on - treat yourself.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Go on - treat yourself.
At that price I would have to eat them in secret
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
The ones from Lidl are not bad at all, and about 1/4 that price.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Margaret M
The ones from Lidl are not bad at all, and about 1/4 that price.
We get these ones sometimes.... the Carrefour ones are the same price here (Heinz) and I can't afford them. A blog I read was complaining about a €1 a can price tag. I was thinking: 'if only'.....
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I paid €2.67 a tin from a local supermarket...only bought two, both Heinz. Did enjoy them though and still have one tin left!!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

I went to Castroni's today , they sell all kinds like Angels trifle mix, golden syrup all the things that take me back to childhood memories. Of course everything was expensive but well worth the visit
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

nice surprise from the courier there.

3 packs of 48 CREME EGGS

to hell with the diet! I've already eaten 3 in 10 minutes
Old Mar 5th 2011, 6:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

3!! I can just about manage half of one these days! They are way too sweet for me now. Can you still get the toffee and mallow ones? They were my favourite..I've just polished off a packet of malteasers a friend found for me here in Florence!!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
..I've just polished off a packet of malteasers a friend found for me here in Florence!!
Tell me where! Malteasers are my weakness!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.