Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by indiebird
I can just see her nodding in agreement now.... (and perhaps uttering a few profanaties too!!)
Only lady-like ones though...words like 'you bet' and 'in your dreams'
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by angeli
Only lady-like ones though...words like 'you bet' and 'in your dreams'
Hmmmmm yes I'm sure you're right Angeli!!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The profanities leaving my mouth of late have been anything but ladylike.

The pair of Jehovah's that were at my door at 9am on Saturday morning got a right mouthful.

The second pair that came knocking just 12 minutes later got an even bigger mouthful and possibly learnt some words that they'd never heard before ....

... and on Monday the dentist's secretary got a verbal bashing too - though I did apologise to her and tell her to pass everything I'd said onto the so called dentist.

Some of you will remember the Christmas dentist saga - well the old "bleep" has started asking for his money. He's got a job on coz I'm not giving him a single cent.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
The profanities leaving my mouth of late have been anything but ladylike.

The pair of Jehovah's that were at my door at 9am on Saturday morning got a right mouthful.

The second pair that came knocking just 12 minutes later got an even bigger mouthful and possibly learnt some words that they'd never heard before ....

... and on Monday the dentist's secretary got a verbal bashing too - though I did apologise to her and tell her to pass everything I'd said onto the so called dentist.

Some of you will remember the Christmas dentist saga - well the old "bleep" has started asking for his money. He's got a job on coz I'm not giving him a single cent.
Good for you Lorna! I must admit that since the Eismann fiasco I've been opening the front door and shouting down to the gate 'Si?' before saying. 'No' and slamming the front door! Wonder if the dentist will go to the Carabinieri??!!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:51 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

just bought what looks very much like a tea pot in happy cassa and a potato ricer, they have whistling kettles too
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:52 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
just bought what looks very much like a tea pot in happy cassa and a potato ricer, they have whistling kettles too
Are they unusual in your neck of the woods then??!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:56 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I think tea pots are and didn't someone say they don't know what kettles are in Italy, my neighbours do potatoes only if I am coming so I doubt they use a ricer
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I think tea pots are and didn't someone say they don't know what kettles are in Italy, my neighbours do potatoes only if I am coming so I doubt they use a ricer
I've seen lots of electric kettles here and I got my hob one and my teapot from IKEA... I've seen potato ricers there too but my sister sent me a masher!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:12 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I got my stove top on points with Esselunga, so they aren't that unusual, no, I think electric one's were because they use up so much of your capacity if you are only on 3kw. I see alot of ricers but IKEA's was the best. Teapots you get but they tend to be "quirky" ones shaped like something, but then I don't know too many people who use them now anyway...
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Teapots you get but they tend to be "quirky" ones shaped like something, but then I don't know too many people who use them now anyway...
we only have one for when people stay so I don't have to use up too much of my stash of sainsbugs red label teabags!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:17 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

my neighbours do potatoes only if I am coming so I doubt they use a ricer
Don't they eat potato gnocchi your way?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:22 am
The Original Red Head!

My gelateria uses a ricer - two scoops of icecream in it (the IKEA one) put a squish of squirty cream in the bottom of an ice cream dish, rice the icecream over the top and it sets the cream hard. Tastes a little like meringue and is fantastic. I don't like cream but I like it like this! They then dollop Nutella and smarties on top of the icecream!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:21 am
Banned

fun size bounties in lidl and fun size smarties, only downside its the first time my connect card did not work,I even use it the tiny shop where I live
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

fun size bounties in lidl and fun size smarties, only downside its the first time my connect ..card did not work,I even use it the tiny shop where I live
Ummm Bounty bars......very partial to one of them, remember the advert...sea, sand, beautiful people and treasure chest filled with them....may have to do lidl's soon.....need stocking up on baked beans so good excuse...Never use card here as afraid what happened to you would happen to me and I would be so
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by angeli
Ummm Bounty bars......very partial to one of them, remember the advert...sea, sand, beautiful people and treasure chest filled with them....may have to do lidl's soon.....need stocking up on baked beans so good excuse...Never use card here as afraid what happened to you would happen to me and I would be so
is a connect card a credit card? The lidl near us only seems to like cold hard cash... I like bounties but the plain choc ones... not seen them here but seen normal bounties all over the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.