Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by mandyp
Cheers very much Lisa, and same with your own plans, it's all so exciting!!!

We went to the airport for lunch today to let the kiddiewinks ( well us really ) see the planes!!!

Glasgow airport not that great, but it was nice to catch the buzz for a wee visit!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Hey Mand what ages are the kids?? I didnt realise you had any sorry
Glasgow airport isnt that great is it?? But you will only be it a few hours then Oz
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Does anyone want to give me Karma I will repay them
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brockies
Does anyone want to give me Karma I will repay them
Hee hee, a tried Lyndsay, but cause a already gave you some before it won't let me!!!!

Kiddiewinks are 1 and 2!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Hee hee, a tried Lyndsay, but cause a already gave you some before it won't let me!!!!

Kiddiewinks are 1 and 2!!

Cheers
Mandy

I know you gave me it before cheers hun just wanted some more I will give you another onto your long karma line ha ha.

You wont have to pay for the kids schooling then wont you?? What happens for state nursery though?

Lyndsay
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

I know you gave me it before cheers hun just wanted some more I will give you another onto your long karma line ha ha.

You wont have to pay for the kids schooling then wont you?? What happens for state nursery though?

Lyndsay
Cheers doll!!

I didn't have a scoobie bout the whole karma thing, till a gave u some then realised that was what the wee blue boxes were n looked up who gave me them!!

Dunno who they were but they just said a few to start you off! Think they are friendly Gold Coast people!!

Sad thing for my girl is that she starts nursery here on 5th November so she'l get a couple of weeks.

Over in Oz they can start Kindy at 4 so will apply in the summer. I hate the whole mother n toddler sceen, but will give it a wee try over there!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Cheers doll!!

I didn't have a scoobie bout the whole karma thing, till a gave u some then realised that was what the wee blue boxes were n looked up who gave me them!!

Dunno who they were but they just said a few to start you off! Think they are friendly Gold Coast people!!

Sad thing for my girl is that she starts nursery here on 5th November so she'l get a couple of weeks.

Over in Oz they can start Kindy at 4 so will apply in the summer. I hate the whole mother n toddler sceen, but will give it a wee try over there!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Do you have to pay fees for Nursery then??? I suppose it will give you a chance to meet new people!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you have to pay fees for Nursery then??? I suppose it will give you a chance to meet new people!!
Yeah, dunno how much but not bothered bout it the now, we should be well settled by then and have had plenty time to research. Don't envy that whole added pressure you need to organise schools don't you?!!

All added costs n research this end!!!

I'm a qualified nursery nurse though haven't worked in a nusery for bout 9 years, so may end up working that side of things, keeping the options as open as we can!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,
We just had our medicals, oh and 2 boys, have to say I was worrying sick about them but feel great now there over and done with. It was funny this morning, trying to get a specimen from our 2yr old, we put a balloon on the end of his willy and it worked a treat.
All we need to do now is get this house sold which isn't going to plan don't know what to do if it falls through.
Love the pictures Lindsay brought back some good memories.
Childcare prices are about $50 to $75 a day around most suburbs on the sunshine coast.

Caroline.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi everyone,
We just had our medicals, oh and 2 boys, have to say I was worrying sick about them but feel great now there over and done with. It was funny this morning, trying to get a specimen from our 2yr old, we put a balloon on the end of his willy and it worked a treat.
All we need to do now is get this house sold which isn't going to plan don't know what to do if it falls through.
Love the pictures Lindsay brought back some good memories.
Childcare prices are about $50 to $75 a day around most suburbs on the sunshine coast.

Caroline.
Hi Caroline

We are getting our medicals done soon thats a good trick with the balloon Fingers crossed on the house

Lyndsay x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have visions of someone in the labs wondering why there is latex and powder in the sample. LOL.
Do they do much/ ask many questions for the medical? I must admit it hadn't occured to me they would want a urine sample.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I have visions of someone in the labs wondering why there is latex and powder in the sample. LOL.
Do they do much/ ask many questions for the medical? I must admit it hadn't occured to me they would want a urine sample.
Hi ya,
I think they only dip a stick in the sample the doc thought it was a good idea, there was no way he would do it in the potty his just crafty like that.
Height, weight,blood pressure,listen to your heart, touch your toes, he examined my breasts,bloods and asked if on any medication, quickest 600 quid I've ever spent.

Caroline
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

We had our meds and x-ray's done last week and I have to say I couldn't believe the amount of money it cost for the length of time it took.
In all the doctor took 40mins to do all our meds (4 of us). Then about 15 mins the next day for the chest x-ray's at the hospital. The doctor didn't ask a lot of questions, just tested our reflexes, tested our eyes, listened to our chests took blood pressure, checked our weights asked what weight we would like to have put on the form lol, I had to have a breast exam. We didn't have blood tests which I was pleased about as I have alway's had a problem with having blood taken as veins on small side to get sample first time so end up like a pin cushion. We had to give urine samples. As the meds were being done at our house the doctor told Russell to just use any pot we had for a sample, I don't think so! I stopped of at local docs and picked up 4 sample bottles - great for boy's to pee in but christ how do they expect females to pee in without making a mess.
All in all the meds weren't as bad as I thought just keeping fingers crossed that they don't find anything bad.

Now just waiting for a big YES from the lovely e-visa people as all info now with them

Sarah and Russell
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Yes us too, we had the same doc as you, Dr Stanley but he didn't come to our house. It's just a relief to get them outer the way. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH sunshine coast here we come!!

Caroline.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

YUK, I hate the thought of a breast exam!! So undignified. You wouldn't think they would be that strict just for a student visa would you? Especially as they make you pay medical insurance!
By the way, where is the list of Drs who you can use?
Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi Caroline, I see you are from Herts aswell, whereabouts?, we are in Stevenage, although hopefully soon to be Melbourne just after the new year. Dr Stanley was good especially as he came to our house which saved a few pennies, as he explained that it would be cheaper than at pinehill as he doesn't need to hire a consultancy room. It worked out just over £400 for the 4 of us, which isn't too bad.

Have you lodged your application yet??

You can get the list of docs from the immi website pumpkin blossom or also when the evisa is lodged it produces a list of docs. good luck with your plans.

Take care

Sarah & Russell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.