Piece of string thread 2009-2010

Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:29 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agents and PLE's

I have same exp with my agent...he is mara agent..very good..competetive..but once I asked him to send PLE and he said what's PLe and what's the full form..I was surprised...

But he sent me 2-3 replies from DIAC...but those were really not PLE's answers..it was like he was communicating to someone in DIAC personally..and yes...he was also relcutant to raise PLE..Whenever I ask him to rasie PLE...he will say..will for 20 more days..wait for June end....wait for few more days and we will look into it...only PLE he rasied was regarding the medical..whether they have been finaized or not...

I think its their daily work to deal with impatient guys like us..and they know that raising PLE will really not increase the processing....they only raise PLE when its neessary...otherwise they will just say :

"Wait for few more days.."

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Agents are reluctant to send PLE's .. probably cuz I guess they are used to clients gettin impatient and repeatedly requesting PLE's be sent to find out status of their case which probaby doesn't help at all
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I have same exp with my agent...he is mara agent..very good..competetive..but once I asked him to send PLE and he said what's PLe and what's the full form..I was surprised...

But he sent me 2-3 replies from DIAC...but those were really not PLE's answers..it was like he was communicating to someone in DIAC personally..and yes...he was also relcutant to raise PLE..Whenever I ask him to rasie PLE...he will say..will for 20 more days..wait for June end....wait for few more days and we will look into it...only PLE he rasied was regarding the medical..whether they have been finaized or not...

I think its their daily work to deal with impatient guys like us..and they know that raising PLE will really not increase the processing....they only raise PLE when its neessary...otherwise they will just say :

"Wait for few more days.."
now that leads to the question, does lodging n number of PLE's affect one's visa application? does it make a difference, negatively i mean?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vandm
now that leads to the question, does lodging n number of PLE's affect one's visa application? does it make a difference, negatively i mean?
I hope not. But raising useless PLEs end up with miserable replies

Your case is under processing
The information has attached to your file etc..
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about "Routine processing" reply like waterman was getting...

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
I hope not. But raising useless PLEs end up with miserable replies

Your case is under processing
The information has attached to your file etc..
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

carrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the rough
Default How long til you get a CO???

Hi

Submitted our online 175 visa application a few days ago and (hopefully) given them all the required documents, is it a while before a CO is allocated? I had to email the scanned documents as there was issues trying to attach them online....

We are on the SODL so not top priority...

Carrie
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: How long til you get a CO???

Originally Posted by carrieann8675
Hi

Submitted our online 175 visa application a few days ago and (hopefully) given them all the required documents, is it a while before a CO is allocated? I had to email the scanned documents as there was issues trying to attach them online....

We are on the SODL so not top priority...

Carrie
This is just only an estimated waiting time, not official and based from reading members experience in this forum, if your occupation is in:
1) CSL ---> waiting time should be in months
2) MODL & SOL (Non CSL) ----> ????? (could be months or years depending on the overall state of the economy)

For visa application sponsored by State or Employer, the waiting time should be weeks.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Recently I asked my agent to send a PLE regarding form 1100 from the state to the DIAC and was answered that he can't do this until 28 days pass by.
So, I asked once again: what 28 days? And what is the dated they start counting from? No answer. Will count for myself. )
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vandm
is that a joke?
Why would it be a joke? Your agent didn't give anyone a visa; DIAC did. Your agent simply submitted the paperwork.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why would it be a joke? Your agent didn't give anyone a visa; DIAC did. Your agent simply submitted the paperwork.
hey dorothy,

i think i worded my lines wrongly. i shoud have said "practically sent" rather than just sent. reason why i say "practically sent" is because if you meet any of these guys who went or were sent(depending on whether its you or me saying it!! :0 )to oz, you will realise that most of them were dunces. they only managed to get a visa because they had some relative to sponsor them and plus my agent did all the groundwork for them in the legal way and didnt take the illegal route as some agents resort to. some agents just ask you to submit fake work experience papers etc and do the job for you whereas my agent always says that its better to get the papers absolutely right before you lodge your application. i am not picking up for him, nor am i saying that he is a saint, but atleast he is better off than most of the other agents, who say that we can generate this paper and that paper and proceed with your application and then messing it up .peace.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Checking application status

Hi,

I am little confuse that I am checking the status at correct location or not. Here is what I do to check the status:

1. Go to http://www.immi.gov.au/
2. Click on "Check progress of online application" which leads to me at http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm
3. Click on "General Skilled Migration visa application" which leads to me at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa
4. I give the TRN, Date of Birth, Passport # and Country and press "Next" button which shows me the following page:

Now, where in this page, the status would be change, once the CO would be assigned.

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Default Re: Checking application status

Originally Posted by komail
Hi,

I am little confuse that I am checking the status at correct location or not. Here is what I do to check the status:

1. Go to http://www.immi.gov.au/
2. Click on "Check progress of online application" which leads to me at http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm
3. Click on "General Skilled Migration visa application" which leads to me at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa
4. I give the TRN, Date of Birth, Passport # and Country and press "Next" button which shows me the following page:

http://www.komailnoori.com/status.jpg

Now, where in this page, the status would be change, once the CO would be assigned.

Regards,
Komail Noori
Hi,
Under application section, there are two rows. Another row will be added which will say "Application being processed further" once CO touches your application for consideration. Then it will say "Medical finalized" under outstanding docs section and then one fine day it will say "applicant approved"

That's what happened to me.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by husaing
Hi,
Under application section, there are two rows. Another row will be added which will say "Application being processed further" once CO touches your application for consideration. Then it will say "Medical finalized" under outstanding docs section and then one fine day it will say "applicant approved"

Thanks Husaing. I really appreciate that.

Is it possible for you that you can post that screen shot of the status page of your account (ofcourse after removing the personal info).

That would be very helpful.

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by husaing
Hi,

A change in status does not mean that a case officer is assigned to your file. It simply means that some admin person at ASPC has bothered to update your online status. Some never change at all even after the application has been approved.

To the OP...You only applied a week ago according to your screen shot. You really do need to learn some patience and not bother checking your status just yet. It will very likely be at least a few months before anything changes.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

jamesanding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa sub class 175 processing time!!!

I emailed my agent yesterday to find out how my application was going (I applied in January 2009 as a 175 Computer Professional, no MODL or CSL) and this is the response I got!!

Due to recent Australian Immigration Department rulings regarding visa processing times, your subclass 175 visa application is likely to take 24 months to be processed from the time of lodgement i.e. January 2009, rather than the 12 month processing time advised at the time of lodgement, which was current at that time.

Please advise if this development regarding processing time affects your planning for Australia or not. Should you wish to enter Australia sooner than the estimated completion of visa processing i.e. January 2011, then please advise us so that we may research other options, which do exist, in order to expedite the processing of your current visa application

This is certainly a shock for me so I thought I'd share it with you all to see if your agents have told you the same thing?

James
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:06 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa sub class 175 processing time!!!

Originally Posted by jamesanding
I emailed my agent yesterday to find out how my application was going (I applied in January 2009 as a 175 Computer Professional, no MODL or CSL) and this is the response I got!!

Due to recent Australian Immigration Department rulings regarding visa processing times, your subclass 175 visa application is likely to take 24 months to be processed from the time of lodgement i.e. January 2009, rather than the 12 month processing time advised at the time of lodgement, which was current at that time.

Please advise if this development regarding processing time affects your planning for Australia or not. Should you wish to enter Australia sooner than the estimated completion of visa processing i.e. January 2011, then please advise us so that we may research other options, which do exist, in order to expedite the processing of your current visa application

This is certainly a shock for me so I thought I'd share it with you all to see if your agents have told you the same thing?

James
This is old news for a lot of non CSL/MODL/SS...but yes, I agree it's not good news! Whats your occupation, you might find it on one of the state sponsorship lists, or you might ask your agent to try and pursue an 'off-list' nomination if it doesn't appear on any of the lists. Good Luck in whatever you choose!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.