Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
Where do these 'feelings' come from do you think? I have a good feeling this week too but like you say I bet I'll wish I hadn't said that in a few days time!
Also I tie myself up in knots by thinking that the visa will come when I'm not constantly thinking about it so I need to get busy and keep occupied!

Also another thing (can you tell I'm a worrier!!) all this focus on The Visa is putting the whole move out of perspective. I'm so desperate to get the visa that I'm not thinking about what it'll be like when we do actually go because in actual fact I'm pretty nervous about leaving everything behind and starting again in Oz. But THE WAIT FOR THE VISA is making me feel that "I just want to get there" which may or may not be a 'real' feeling. Does that make any sense???

Go on...you can say it.....get a life!!! I know, I know I'm a sad case.

Thank goodness for BE and being able to 'talk' to others in the same boat or I really would go mad (if I haven't already looking at what I've just written!)

Maybe it's a couple of things: 1) this the part that you can't control. You can plan and organise all the other aspects of the move but this one is absolutely out of your hands, which makes it impossible to manage your anxiety and 2) perhaps it's an outlet, or a way to distract yourself, from general anxiety about the move. While we obsess about the actual visa we can distract ourselves from the hugeness of the upcoming move.

How about you and your other half go down the off licence, get a crate of cold Fosters, send the kids to bed and spend an evening with a copy of the Lonely Planet, Crocodile Dundee on DVD and watch every UK weather report on TV tonight to remind yourself why you decided to make the big move in the first place

Last edited by maroonedNZ; Sep 16th 2008 at 1:34 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Bag End Bunch;6788736]Where do these 'feelings' come from do you think? I have a good feeling this week too but like you say I bet I'll wish I hadn't said that in a few days time!
Also I tie myself up in knots by thinking that the visa will come when I'm not constantly thinking about it so I need to get busy and keep occupied!

Also another thing (can you tell I'm a worrier!!) all this focus on The Visa is putting the whole move out of perspective. I'm so desperate to get the visa that I'm not thinking about what it'll be like when we do actually go because in actual fact I'm pretty nervous about leaving everything behind and starting again in Oz. But THE WAIT FOR THE VISA is making me feel that "I just want to get there" which may or may not be a 'real' feeling. Does that make any sense???

No not a sad case at all, well actually you probably are but me as well then, my feelings are so strange up one minute down the next, despondent, bored and can't be bothered with it all and then excited for a short time a shower of feelings and emotions never known anything like it.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

[QUOTE=Liz F;6788851]
Where do these 'feelings' come from do you think? I have a good feeling this week too but like you say I bet I'll wish I hadn't said that in a few days time!

No not a sad case at all, well actually you probably are but me as well then, my feelings are so strange up one minute down the next, despondent, bored and can't be bothered with it all and then excited for a short time a shower of feelings and emotions never known anything like it.
:curse::curse:: thumbdown:
Thought I'd show you a sample of my emotions during a typical day!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Just catching up on this and some of the other threads, there seems to be alot more movement going on than there has been for ages - fantastic stuff! Will be keeping an eye on the website until at the very least I see Janebk and Wishwewerethere get their visas

So - I cried when I got the pre-grant letter, I cried when they gave my the label this morning and I even managed a lump in my throat when we flew back in over Sydney today. Maybe I am not the hardened old bag I thought I was after all

Got a good feeling about this week - visatastic!
Thanks for thinking of me - gave me a lump in my throat!!!! No visa though GRRRRRR
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abcn
Congratulation: you should cry... a long wait...you have it now!!
Thanks - didn't cry just shouted.

Originally Posted by edie209
Well done I bet you feel so relieved and excited fingers crossed we won't be long after you

BTW did you exchange??
Thanks - I was SO relieved and happy for about half an hour before we found out the exchange had been delayed again!:curse: Can't have everything I suppose.

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Congratulations Your long wait is over. Good luck with the next stage.
:
Anne
Thanks. Hope it isn't long for you now.

Originally Posted by Liz F
Congratulations and the best of luck with your new life in OZ
Thanks Liz - xan't wait to get there. I could leave all my stuff behind, I don't care.

Congratulations Fly Away - now the adventure really begins!

I have been lurking on this thread for ages but haven't posted anything anywhere for a while because I've been so down in the dumps as we're still waiting for our visa
We're paperbased Nov applicants - will it ever come?????

But I feel a glimmer of hope may be in order now! Come on DIAC let this be a record visa issueing week.

good luck everyone!

Alex
I have everything crossed for you Alex. God, November, that's awful! I'm so glad you have complained too - it seemed to work for us. Remember that as you are paperbased, it will take them a while to dig your file out from where they have been ignoring it. Whereas online is instantly acessible and as we front loaded and kept sending all the new info we had - like payslips etc, there was nothing to ask for.

Ooops...I've clearly become a 'thread junkie' and have lost track of where I am

PMSL.

It's thanks to you we got the visa, so get as lost as you like!!

I reckon no news could be good news - peeps who got the standard bullsh*t "we process in date order" response got it pretty much straight away...
We were told that twice on the phone - most recently 2 weeks ago. Also that we didn't have a CO. Very odd....

I no what you mean I'm also a Novemberee paper, I just came upstairs to put some washing away, somehow I managed to walk into the office to the PC and still am here 20 mins later. I wouldn't mind but the office is at the other end of the house to the washing that wants putting away. sigh. For some reason I've got quite a good feeling about our visa being imminent. You wait I'll probably be wishing I'd not said that when I'm still sat here in a month.
You won't - go and kick up a fuss, it's nearly a year for goodness sake.

Originally Posted by tiger222
OMG!!!!
Fly Away has her VISA!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! ::

EXCELLENT!!! :

FLY AWAY AND JASB with VISA GRANTS TODAY!!!!!
Thanks again Tiger!! have you posted on all my threads??

Hope that everyone on this thread gets some good news soon.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

I filled a complaint form in last thursday, no news yet
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
Congratulations and all the best
Sorry thought I posted a congrats earlier, but can't find it,
So here it is again
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Hi! yes we filled the form in as soon as we saw your news!!!! Haven't heard anything back from that yet though.
Also we asked our agent to phone and they just wouldn't give her any information about when our visa might be issued - it's like hitting a brick wall!
Have been feeling really down about our long, long wait but when I hear that others are getting their visa it is heartening. Also I keep telling myself that everyday that passes must be a day closer!!

And yes I've just joined the Nov, Dec, Jan etc waiting thread - that's what we're on now!!!!

Alex
Alex.......look at my timeline, it may make you feel a little better.....I too have been feeling very down in the dumps and cannot seem to shake it. I just wish we knew how much longer we had to wait....
I filled in a complaint form (very well worded) last week....and the reply was very generic, and not helpful at all.....

Hope to have some good news soon.....

Nix
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Alex.......look at my timeline, it may make you feel a little better.....I too have been feeling very down in the dumps and cannot seem to shake it. I just wish we knew how much longer we had to wait....
I filled in a complaint form (very well worded) last week....and the reply was very generic, and not helpful at all.....

Hope to have some good news soon.....

Nix
Still nothing then?
What on earth are they doing down there?
Well outside the charter I should think.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just catching up on this and some of the other threads, there seems to be alot more movement going on than there has been for ages - fantastic stuff! Will be keeping an eye on the website until at the very least I see Janebk and Wishwewerethere get their visas

So - I cried when I got the pre-grant letter, I cried when they gave my the label this morning and I even managed a lump in my throat when we flew back in over Sydney today. Maybe I am not the hardened old bag I thought I was after all

Got a good feeling about this week - visatastic!
Thank you so much for your support.
People like you are what keep this world a nicer place.
You enjoy yourself and I'll certainly let everyone know when and if we get our visa.
All the best,
WWWT
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Thank you so much for your support.
People like you are what keep this world a nicer place.
You enjoy yourself and I'll certainly let everyone know when and if we get our visa.
All the best,
WWWT
WWWT - looks like it's just you and us now! You should be first as you pre-date us - keep in touch!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jane BK
WWWT - looks like it's just you and us now! You should be first as you pre-date us - keep in touch!
Yep,
but the way these visas are going it could be anyone next
Will do.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

I spoke to my agent yesterday and told him I wanted him to contact DIAC because my OH has a job interview lined up for some time in October. He agreed that it was time contact them so was going to do it today. Fingers crossed we might hear something by the end of the week. But no way will it defo be a visa I'm not that lucky.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Congratulations and all the best
Sorry thought I posted a congrats earlier, but can't find it,
So here it is again
Thanks WWWT - think it was on another thread!

I wish it was you too - it is horrendous how long they are making you wait!!!:curse: I am not that patient - which is why I complained. Interestingly enough, I had to complain to get our skills assessment result too - they had a service standard of 12 weeks. When it got to 16 weeks, I complained and it came through the next day.

I spoke to my agent yesterday and told him I wanted him to contact DIAC because my OH has a job interview lined up for some time in October. He agreed that it was time contact them so was going to do it today. Fingers crossed we might hear something by the end of the week. But no way will it defo be a visa I'm not that lucky.
Good luck! definately kick up a fuss!!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks WWWT - think it was on another thread!

I wish it was you too - it is horrendous how long they are making you wait!!!:curse: I am not that patient - which is why I complained. Interestingly enough, I had to complain to get our skills assessment result too - they had a service standard of 12 weeks. When it got to 16 weeks, I complained and it came through the next day.

Good luck! definately kick up a fuss!!!
Right just posted the complaint form - had the bog standard response from my general enquiry and have asked nicely for more accurate estimate of timeframes so can settle family (and me mainly!). Will let you know how I get on - or that they've refused us....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.