Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Hey Marooned
Haven't heard from you for a while.
How's it going, all ok?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Your right it has been very quiet on here for the last couple of days??
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Is it me or do things appear to have gone quiet?
Our agent tells us they have had no movement at all for the past couple of weeks, and there doesn't appear to be the rush of visas that we have had on here for a while now.
Could they have reached their quota????
Or are they snowed under with all the complaints!
I don't think they have reached the quota. It could be that they are researching complaints....

I have seen COs being issued - even today.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
I have seen COs being issued - even today.
Not to me !!!!!! Still patiently waiting...... !!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Liz F
Your right it has been very quiet on here for the last couple of days??
I wonder if the slowdown in global markets have made Australia adopt a go-slow policy on skilled immigration.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by caliburn
I wonder if the slowdown in global markets have made Australia adopt a go-slow policy on skilled immigration.
Can it go any slower?
475 visa processing information has now exceeded a year currently on 27/09/07.(For paper anyway).
Anyway, here's to tomorrow.

Good luck in tomorrow's draw everyone!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Hey Marooned
Haven't heard from you for a while.
How's it going, all ok?
Hey there!

All good over here - have been away visiting a mate down in Melbourne. Also was really seriously put off by that mini-argument with that horrible bloke the other day. But over it now

Only cloud on the horizon is that house I fell in love with and put an offer on - the owner is now wondering if he wants to sell at all, so am quietly going mad waiting for him to make a decision. I know you're meant to take the 'if it's meant to be it will be' approach but you know what it's like when you find your utter dream house. I have dreamt about rennovations the past TWO NIGHTS! Feel so helpless while he dithers. It's really very much like waiting for DIAC - having someone else have all this power over the outcomes of your life.

I know this is absolutely nothing next to waiting for visas....but honestly I am wondering if this is as hard or harder than I found the visa wait. Hmmm....

I'm in classes all day but am having a 100% booze free, at home every night week to recover from Melbourne so will catch up on the forum tonight

It's 5.30am and it's already looking like perfect visa granting weather over here!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Not to me !!!!!! Still patiently waiting...... !!!!!
Don't forget Pollyanna's words of wisdom - you don't get a CO if you have sent everything required, you go straight to visa. You couldve had a CO for weeks and not know it and then kapow - visa in your inbox
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Hey there!

All good over here - have been away visiting a mate down in Melbourne. Also was really seriously put off by that mini-argument with that horrible bloke the other day. But over it now

Only cloud on the horizon is that house I fell in love with and put an offer on - the owner is now wondering if he wants to sell at all, so am quietly going mad waiting for him to make a decision. I know you're meant to take the 'if it's meant to be it will be' approach but you know what it's like when you find your utter dream house. I have dreamt about rennovations the past TWO NIGHTS! Feel so helpless while he dithers. It's really very much like waiting for DIAC - having someone else have all this power over the outcomes of your life.

I know this is absolutely nothing next to waiting for visas....but honestly I am wondering if this is as hard or harder than I found the visa wait. Hmmm....

I'm in classes all day but am having a 100% booze free, at home every night week to recover from Melbourne so will catch up on the forum tonight

It's 5.30am and it's already looking like perfect visa granting weather over here!!
Thought that may have been the case
Anyway nice to have you back and I am glad all ok even though you seem to have moved on to a new state of frustration. Things have a habit of sorting themselves out, and hopefully soon, I am sure.
Anyway,
All the best
WWWT
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Daan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just to let you know that this morning I phoned to DIAC in Adelade in desperate hope for some information.
The (very busy) women informed us that we had a CO assigned since last week and he is now assessing our case together with other cases on his desk!
Finally some good progress. Hope he won't be needing much extra documents from us now.

What surprised me is that I thought a CO would take one case at a time but the woman on the phone told me that he is assessing 'a batch of cases'. Sounds pretty chaotic.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daan
Hi all,

Just to let you know that this morning I phoned to DIAC in Adelade in desperate hope for some information.
The (very busy) women informed us that we had a CO assigned since last week and he is now assessing our case together with other cases on his desk!
Finally some good progress. Hope he won't be needing much extra documents from us now.

What surprised me is that I thought a CO would take one case at a time but the woman on the phone told me that he is assessing 'a batch of cases'. Sounds pretty chaotic.
oooooh mate! One case at a time and we would be looking at 1200 months not 12 months average processing time they get HUNDREDS of thousands of applications a day

Congratulations on moving the final step towards Aussieness
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:43 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

We got it!!! We got it!!

We left the country (Australia) 26th and it was granted 29th so here we are in Queenstown, NZ having a holiday of our lives. Can't wait to get back HOME to Brisbane and start our lives.

Can't believe we got a HOME again!!

So hang in there you lot. We are a living proof that even though it takes time, it will happen

Kati
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We got it!!! We got it!!

We left the country (Australia) 26th and it was granted 29th so here we are in Queenstown, NZ having a holiday of our lives. Can't wait to get back HOME to Brisbane and start our lives.

Can't believe we got a HOME again!!

So hang in there you lot. We are a living proof that even though it takes time, it will happen

Kati
FANTASTIC NEWS KATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you the last online December to get your visa???

Bet your OH can't wait to start work!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or do things appear to have gone quiet?
Our agent tells us they have had no movement at all for the past couple of weeks, and there doesn't appear to be the rush of visas that we have had on here for a while now.
Could they have reached their quota????
Or are they snowed under with all the complaints!
Quota year runs July-June, not a chance they have been filled yet.

Originally Posted by Daan
Hi all,

Think about it logically. If they only worked on one case at a time, what do you think they would be doing when they wrote off and asked for extra info? They can't sit and twiddle their thumbs. Each CO works on several cases at once, all of which will be at different stages, as some will process faster than others.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 30th 2008 at 11:22 am.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:12 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We got it!!! We got it!!
Congratulations!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.