November 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November 2007 Applicants

We've got the meds etc done, but now had to apply to courts for permission to take stepson as his mother has no photo ID to back up the stat decs she signed. Court Feb 18th, and hoping we don't end up in protracted debate or delays as she has already told us she has no intention of attending
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

Hi all, we got our med's finalised yesterday(had them done 07.01.08) still awaiting a CO but hopefully we have done the right thing in front loading them! fingers crossed for us all and see you in oz! Terri
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tez and Daz
Hi all, we got our med's finalised yesterday(had them done 07.01.08) still awaiting a CO but hopefully we have done the right thing in front loading them! fingers crossed for us all and see you in oz! Terri
Great news on your meds being finalised Terri, feels good to know you've done as much as you can - the waiting is a killer though isn't it

Where are you heading?

Colin
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Great news on your meds being finalised Terri, feels good to know you've done as much as you can - the waiting is a killer though isn't it

Where are you heading?

Colin
Hi Colin, we are heading to Brisbane as a starting point but may go on to Hervey Bay. We have never been to oz so will have a lot of looking around to do aswell as finding jobs! We are holding off puting the house on the market untill we have visa, I see your on the case already with selling everything, (brave man!) Where are you heading and when you hoping to move?
Terri
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

We'll be heading to Melbourne, Toni and I have spent a bit of time there 10 years ago - my Dad lives over there and we love the place.

Hoping to be there by September. Re the house, etc. we feel the market is slow at the moment and want to have the best chance possible of selling. Don't want to be throwing it away in a race to validate.

Seen a few threads where peoples buyers threatened to pull out at the last minute if they didn't drop the price - based on the fact they knew they were in a rush to emigrate - we have to deal with such lovely people don't we.

Anyway, we thought - get it sold in plenty of time so if anything like that happens we're not over a barrel. We'll just go into rented in needs be.

Colin
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Hi Colin,
we are putting our house on the market very soon, have a valuer coming round today.
I would suggest that you don't tell people that you are emmigrating - just going into rental (It's not a lie!) that way prospective buyers won't wait until you are desperate and try to knock price down.
Good luck!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Hi Colin,
we are putting our house on the market very soon, have a valuer coming round today.
I would suggest that you don't tell people that you are emmigrating - just going into rental (It's not a lie!) that way prospective buyers won't wait until you are desperate and try to knock price down.
Good luck!
We are telling people but not reflecting the truth on timescales - I'm stubborn enough to hold out for the right price
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
We are telling people but not reflecting the truth on timescales - I'm stubborn enough to hold out for the right price
Good on ya!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

Woooopiiee, what a relief! Just checked our online thingy and it is now showing both of our medicals as received and finalised. I am guessing this is a good thing. Mine showed up about 4 days ago as being finalised, but because my Husband is a B thingy his were just shown as received, anyway his have now changed to finalised.
This was one of the main concerns that I had due to my husband being type 2 diabetic, so I'm well chuffed that those have gone through ok.

For anyone else who is awaiting a response on their medicals, ours were done December 17th, but probably didn't leave the country until end of December or early January even, due to of course the bank holidays (how inconvenient!) and us needing extra time to have extra diabetic checks evidenced. So in all they can't have been in Australia for 4 weeks, that's not such a bad turnaround time.
Here's hoping that the medicals are clearing quickly for the backlog of pre-sept applicants who are eagerly awaiting good news.

I imagine we'll be hanging around for a while now before we hear anything else, which doesnt worry me as I'd rather all the people who applied before me get their turn! I just wanted to know that the meds were safe

Peace out
x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:26 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Simpleton
Woooopiiee, what a relief! Just checked our online thingy and it is now showing both of our medicals as received and finalised. I am guessing this is a good thing. Mine showed up about 4 days ago as being finalised, but because my Husband is a B thingy his were just shown as received, anyway his have now changed to finalised.
This was one of the main concerns that I had due to my husband being type 2 diabetic, so I'm well chuffed that those have gone through ok.

For anyone else who is awaiting a response on their medicals, ours were done December 17th, but probably didn't leave the country until end of December or early January even, due to of course the bank holidays (how inconvenient!) and us needing extra time to have extra diabetic checks evidenced. So in all they can't have been in Australia for 4 weeks, that's not such a bad turnaround time.
Here's hoping that the medicals are clearing quickly for the backlog of pre-sept applicants who are eagerly awaiting good news.

I imagine we'll be hanging around for a while now before we hear anything else, which doesnt worry me as I'd rather all the people who applied before me get their turn! I just wanted to know that the meds were safe

Peace out
x
Great feeling isn't it! Although deep down you feel reasonably confident about the medicals - it's always nice to see it in print
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:50 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

did you guys wait to be sent for meds and police checks or have you just gone ahead and done them ?
kate
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

We went ahead and did ours before being asked - avoided having the delay when we do get a CO.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:13 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

thanks Niki sounds like a good idea, this waiting is driving me mad. gonna have a chat with oh see what he thinks. he's in oz right now doing a little reccie so he'll be full of it when he comes back and will probably want to go yesterday
kate
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

A lot of it will depend on whether you want to validate or just go for the move as soon as you get the visa. We're the latter, so getting the meds etc done early doesn't affect too much for us (providing the visa comes through in time!)
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough
Question

Hi all! I have a little problem and I don't know how to proceed.

I have applied on 15th of Nov online. I have received the akn in witch the instruct me what documents I need to attach. Also there were the medicals and the police clearance. I have called one of the Romanian centers authorized to do the meds and they told me that in order to do them, I must have the address of the processing centre (for the meds). Now, the problem is that I have not seen from immi.gov.au any such information.

So, to summarize, where should I send the meds? Should I send them before CO asks me?

Does any of you have any idea why it seems to take so long for them to pass the 21 sept 2007 week?

Thank you.

PS. Also, when verifying the online status, all of the docs required, although uploaded they appear as required. Do any of you have any idea why?

Last edited by acotiga; Feb 2nd 2008 at 9:54 am. Reason: Later question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.