the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by lol
hi there,

my parnets lodged their visa in april, can you tell me how long they are taking to process at the mo ??? thanks

as far as I know about 12 to 15 months, we applied septeber 06 and have just been allocated a case officer
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:00 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Hi there

To all still waiting me and OH applied in Feb this year and are now 6 months into the application so I reckon still a long way to go yet.

Good luck to all those waiting and I agree maybe another thread ought to be started for those of us still waiting

Caz
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
fingers crossed you can take her shopping barbara.

so, is the general opinion of, send your police checks to the POPC and the medicals to LCU? where did you send yours molly?
I can only go by what it said on my form which I quoted on the other post saying meds had to go to LCU or risk delays. I have checked on the LCU website on the list that tells you which categories have to send meds into LCU and the parent categories are not on that list so as Mollyflanders says you really need to ask an agent or someone in the know before you send medicals off.

My case worker should be e mailing me tomorrow and Ive also e mailed LCU to ask if my medicals were forwarded to them from POPC so Ill let you know what they say.

Regards Barbara
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barbara townend
I can only go by what it said on my form which I quoted on the other post saying meds had to go to LCU or risk delays. I have checked on the LCU website on the list that tells you which categories have to send meds into LCU and the parent categories are not on that list so as Mollyflanders says you really need to ask an agent or someone in the know before you send medicals off.

My case worker should be e mailing me tomorrow and Ive also e mailed LCU to ask if my medicals were forwarded to them from POPC so Ill let you know what they say.

Regards Barbara
Update Monday 6th August

CO e mailed my medicals were forwarded to LCU 3rd AugustAs of early last week they were dealing with applications received mid june so its a waiting game again. I can send a scanned certified copy of my passport though so thats a bonus.

barbara
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:06 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Update Monday 6th August

CO e mailed my medicals were forwarded to LCU 3rd AugustAs of early last week they were dealing with applications received mid june so its a waiting game again. I can send a scanned certified copy of my passport though so thats a bonus.

barbara
phew! well thats a bit of good news then barbara.
lets hope that LCU start to pull their finger out, as they have seem to have developed quite a backlog.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

lets hope that LCU start to pull their finger out, as they have seem to have developed quite a backlog.
My CO must work late cos she e mailed me straight back and said I am looking at 6 weeks before me meds are looked at but says if I havnt heard from her by beginning of September Ive got to e mail her for an update.

Barbara
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:20 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

You lot are all quiet at the moment SB

Jim
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

very quiet we are all waiting in anticipation, we put our house in press today and guess what they put wrong phone number arghhhhhhh
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

Jim
Jim your never quiet
Janet
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:27 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

Jim
mmm, what can i say.......not much to report jim

i think mum/dad are starting to get a bit anxious now, i know i am. i wish POPC would play catch up a bit more - it's a great game, they should try it

we were hoping they would be here for xmas, but it is looking more and more unlikely (unless their house sells and they can finish off over here).

how are you jim? what do you reckon to a new new contributory parent visa thread?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

i think mum/dad are starting to get a bit anxious now, i know i am. i wish POPC would play catch up a bit more - it's a great game, they should try it

we were hoping they would be here for xmas, but it is looking more and more unlikely (unless their house sells and they can finish off over here).

how are you jim? what do you reckon to a new new contributory parent visa thread?
Hi everybody,

No news just thought I'd put my two pennorth in! and say hello. Ive decided Im not going to wish my life away any longer and it will happen when it happens (who am I kidding!!!)

barbara
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, we are still here, but with nothing to report we are just logging in most nights , just to here all your news (good and bad) and playing the waiting game!

Good luck to all you guys who have heard and be assured it helps to hear of movements within the group, its gives us continued hope with the wait!

We applied end of March, '07, so know we are in for the long haul. Never heard the LCU mentioned before, and we dont have an agent, so a bit concerned. Hope they can clarify this more, when meds are due

Mick and Bev
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:59 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hiya

Up to you, of course, but it would probably be a good idea - this thread now has a lot of "chat" like the first one and it has probably become difficult for new applicants to sort the "wheat from the chaff".

As for us - our recent holiday seems a year ago now but at least the weather over here appears to have settled down into something decent

POPC, of course, probably still have the same team - numbers-wise - that they have had since the introduction of this visa in mid 2004 but with many more applicants so the possibility of playing catch-up is highly unlikely.

Lets hope your parents get sorted in time for you all to be together at Christmas.

Pity you couldn't get to the recent meet at Belmont - it was a good day in a good venue

Jim
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

hi there,
if u pass the medical part of this visa does this mean u get the visa, as long as u pay all the fees/costs etc?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by threlly
hi there,
if u pass the medical part of this visa does this mean u get the visa, as long as u pay all the fees/costs etc?
Dont forget the financial Sponsors have to be approved (blimey I'm forgetting the terminology already!) and their bond deposited! But all being well with that and the second visa payment what can stop the visa being issued other than the quota being full for the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.