March Applicants

Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

[QUOTE=Dawn&Andy;5870103]congrats all those with good news

bad news here still couldnt sell house at 20 grand under wot was initially valued at and we cant afford to lose anymore money so we today took the drastic desicion to take it off the market there was no way even if we sold it would complete in time for us to get our equity out and book flights etc in time anyway so we had to make a desicion, so for now its off the market and we gonna look at our options now in next few days and see where we go from here!!dont ask me wot we gonna do now cos we really dont know at this point, we never planned for wot we would do if house didnt sell because we didnt ever think we would be in this position
we dont have the funds to validate so barring a miracle its possible our visa will expire and we wont be going, which scares the pants off me with all we been through to get it, maybe we being told we arent meant to get there or we have to fight harder to get there i really dont know, we have someone coming out monday from one of those companies that buys ur house cheaply and from wot they told us on phone if they give us wot they said we could just manage the move, would have no equity left after flights and set up costs but hey ho we wouldnt mind having to work hard to get what we want, we been doing it all our lives!! it all depends really if they come through with the initial price they gave us cos any less and no way we could do it, so right at this minute our lives are in a complete mess and until monday it could go any way!! scary stuff, still never mind eh will know monday whether or not its meant to be

good luck all those still trying to sell up and i do hope u dont face the desicions we are facing right now!!

have a great weekend all

God - really sorry to hear that

You CANNOT let that visa expire.

Seriously, you have to do whatever to make sure you get over to validate (what's your validation date?)

Must be so difficult for you but chin up and you really MUST find a way to get through this

All the best

sam x
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amajon
Hi Everyone
It's been a looonng time and at the same time, no time at all. So you can guess that we got over here. We have been here in Perth 5 weeks and 1 day. I started work this week, otherwise we have not stopped, I repeat we have literally not stopped since.... well it's been so long.
The house sale fell through again on 12/12/07 and a week later we had made the decision to get the removal people in and go. Christmas day saw me finishing my night shift (nursing) at 8 am and we were on the flight to Australia via Singapore at 6 15 pm. Yes I was knackered but it was worth it. Even if OH had thrown the kids few little gifts out with all the other black binliners that we had got for the kids, so they had virtually nothing, but they were as good as gold and never said a word.
We have moved 3 times and now are in our long term rental 4x2 ($400 per week) it's huge and fantastic. For the first few weeks and even still now our catch phrase has been "we live here"!
It is very hard to remember that we have a house to sell still in the uk at times. We have had 2 offers in the last 10 days, both £15 - 20k below the already reduced by £10 000 for a quick sale. We are holding in there, but some thing has got to happen in the next few months. We are happy, Perth is beautiful, we have got the kids starting school next week, (our chappie with learning difficulties has already got appointments to see the school psycholigist and it took us nearly 4 yrs to get where we are with him with the uk system) Don't know what else to say, I'm a bit tired after my 40 hr week, I'm not used to it, we've just got to find John a job and then I can give up a bit. He has become a bit more domesticated, and has done all the school books and uniform shop on his own with them, so I have at least missed out on that, but that's another story.
Good luck Guys I am sure it will all come good for all of us in the end.
Well, congrats on your 1st month in, it gets better now
Glad you're enjoying yourself and the kids are settled in school ok. Take care, S-j xx

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
congrats all those with good news

bad news here still couldnt sell house at 20 grand under wot was initially valued at and we cant afford to lose anymore money so we today took the drastic desicion to take it off the market there was no way even if we sold it would complete in time for us to get our equity out and book flights etc in time anyway so we had to make a desicion, so for now its off the market and we gonna look at our options now in next few days and see where we go from here!!dont ask me wot we gonna do now cos we really dont know at this point, we never planned for wot we would do if house didnt sell because we didnt ever think we would be in this position
we dont have the funds to validate so barring a miracle its possible our visa will expire and we wont be going, which scares the pants off me with all we been through to get it, maybe we being told we arent meant to get there or we have to fight harder to get there i really dont know, we have someone coming out monday from one of those companies that buys ur house cheaply and from wot they told us on phone if they give us wot they said we could just manage the move, would have no equity left after flights and set up costs but hey ho we wouldnt mind having to work hard to get what we want, we been doing it all our lives!! it all depends really if they come through with the initial price they gave us cos any less and no way we could do it, so right at this minute our lives are in a complete mess and until monday it could go any way!! scary stuff, still never mind eh will know monday whether or not its meant to be

good luck all those still trying to sell up and i do hope u dont face the desicions we are facing right now!!

have a great weekend all

Dawn x
Oh Dawn, i'm so sorry it's come to this. i agree with Sam, you must do whatever you can to get here, dont waste it. is there anyone you know who would lend you the money to get here and get sorted?

Dont let it go, keep pushing, you've come so far and been working so hard to get where you are now.

Keep us informed, my fingers are crossed big time for monday chick.

Good luck and best wishes

S-j xx
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

it all seems to be getting pretty low on here at the moment with all the bad news on the housing market.. .. I dont envy the decision making you guys are having to do.

I saw JJFC and his family today. We met some other expats from this site, colleybabe24, wannabethere too. It was nice, seen quite a bit of these guys lately and it really helps to keep making the effort with meets as there's lots of nice people in this site. May be doing a bbq tomorrow at the park if the bloody rain stops! It rained all morning but picked up around 2ish...

Sam, they saw your seats on the plane with more brits in them off to Perth!

They will tell you all about it soon, they are just waiting to secure a rental and they can get internet connected etc. All the boys and older kids are off bodyboarding tomorrow morning at 5!!! Si and Abi off, Chris and his 2 kids, Steve and Mark, we'll see who manages it to turn up that early!

Well guys i'm off to bed now, have a good weekend and i hope next week brings you all good news xxx

S-j x
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if should post this with all you guys stuck with house selling........but we booked our flights today and we fly on the 15th April on what should be the A380 to Singapore....

Keep the faith you guys.....we have had some seriuos crap times but we kept on in there.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

Hey Dawn...!

I dont know how...but you cant let that visa expire...we all work so hard to get there! This isnt a situation to tell you not to go...but one that tests how much you want to go!!!

Hope it goes ok for ya on Monday...fingers crossed!

Speak soon!

Dan and Steph
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

cheers all ty bit of inspiration is just what we need right now, bit more good news today a friend of a friend in the house buying business said he can beat the offer we had by the peeps who are coming monday, just waiting on a call back from him so might squeeze a few more quid out of it yet, we shall see, feeling little bit more positive today cos of it, just keeping my fingers crossed it works out

congrats on booking ya flights katsmajagic, that will soon come round, good luck in your new life

sammy our validation date is 31st may so a little while yet, tho need to be thinking bout booking the flights before they go up in price

anyway im gonna stay positive and say we will be coming out, one of these peeps will buy our house and even tho we will arrive with enough to cover the basics, we will make a go of our new life in oz, least i have a job i can get right back to soon as we have a rental and internet sorted so least thats one less worry til andy finds work, so we lucky in that respect, cos least i know i will be able to pay the rent and feed the kids eh
right well i best get on working later and waiitng on this call.
thanks guys for keeping my spirits up will let you know soon as we know anything

Dawn x
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

opotiki58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
congrats all those with good news

have a great weekend all

Dawn x
Hi Dawn, just read your post, an had tears in me eyes, we are sort of in the same boat, our house didnt sell, but then 2 weeks ago it did £8000 under valuation, and I am lucky me Dad lives in NZ and has lent me money til ours comes through for house, so I was able to book flights pay for dog and removals. Its been hard but please dont give up, where are you supposed to be heading - you must try every thing Dawn, all of a sudden things turn round, and you will be floating again - let me know how things are going kindest regards, Nadine
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Morning All
well its 8am in the morning here in Bundy and the sun is shining
What a journey i was begining to think we would never get here
Landed the 10th started work the 21st its ok im still holding judgement there its definately differnet to Uk nursing but the money and breaks !! is better than UK.
We are in a lovely 4bed 2 bath for $310wk got and old car called a holden-vauxhall- balina goes really well.Cost $1500 plus $350 insurance half that to get equivelant poundsWe got all new 42inch TV sofa beds patio set and all important BBQ.The ship with our goods broke down so will not get it till end of feb good job we are only waiting for a few personal things.
Colin and kids still no job though and savings running out!!
We left some money in uk cos of crap exchange rate looks like i will have to transfer some more this week.
kids are getting bored which is a worry but then again they are 19 and 21 no jobs no friends
Daughters boyfriend visiting end march for 3wks bigger worry.
well bundy is clean friendly and sunny what more could you ask for only jobs for the rest of my family.
looks like professional jobs are easier to come by than non in Oz.
My son wants an apprenticeship mechanic place could be a couple of months they told him he is sooo fed up. Mind you so is my hubby never had any time of work other than hols for 18yrs 3 days sick in all that time.
Morale a bit low in the house at the moment but its early days yet we bin here 3wks.
Sorry to read all the bad nes about housing market chins up peeps
teryna

Anyway how is everyone anymore visas been granted since end of Dec??
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Hi Teryna,

Glad to hear that you have made the move, and settled in.

Hope that the kids and other half get work soon. I am sure it will all fall into place.

My wife is a nurse, so she will be glad to hear that some aspects are better. She has heard that a lot of the care, practices and proceedures are a little behind the UK??

We are moving on the 14th of April to Melbourne. No jobs or anything, but have family there that are sorting out the housing etc.

Off to tidy and clean my workshop yet again. Tools and machinery to clean. My dad is coming later to help, but I need to get it sorted as the shipper comes tomorrow to make an assessment.

All the Best,
Kenny.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kkwall36
Hi Teryna,

Glad to hear that you have made the move, and settled in.

Hope that the kids and other half get work soon. I am sure it will all fall into place.

My wife is a nurse, so she will be glad to hear that some aspects are better. She has heard that a lot of the care, practices and proceedures are a little behind the UK??

We are moving on the 14th of April to Melbourne. No jobs or anything, but have family there that are sorting out the housing etc.

Off to tidy and clean my workshop yet again. Tools and machinery to clean. My dad is coming later to help, but I need to get it sorted as the shipper comes tomorrow to make an assessment.

All the Best,
Kenny.
Well I am not so sure.......i do not want to say where i work, but patient:nurse ratios worse, epxections to do over time unpaid is the norm. Nursing practices way behind even a gp led backwater community hospital. Hubby has recently had d & v, and I was taken ill at work today....actually sick, but cos we were so short staffed i was given maxalon and had to get on with it! My hubby also wants to get work, as he is being house husband at the mo, but they change the rosta at the drop of a hat, without consulting staff, and with littleones and childcare that is just no good.

Sorry to whinge and paint a gloomy picture, but despite living in a beautiful area, which I marval at every day, i am so tired i do not enjoy it and hubby is so peed off at not being able to work, things are not good here.

I know it is easy to say, swap roles, but nursing gives a regular and liveable income and my hubby would be doing contracting, and a lot of out door work, which is often rained off so it is a no go at the moment as we have rent and mortgage to pay.

I do not miass england at all, but I miss my friends and family really badly, and just feeling crap at the mo.

Sorry to put a downer on stuff, and obviously we are not the norm..........just needed to get it all off my chest.

loux
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nadine, you got a new id??? whats going on?

Dawn, really pleased you got some good news. let us know whats happening, really hope it works out for you chick xxx

Teryna, Glad you're here. kick em out the house and get them socialising, expats! New mates etc, they'll be good. They got to put the effort in... You got a shopping complex or anything there? Your daughter would get a job there. Or they could start a course at TAFE, they will still enrol now if the class not full...... might be better for them to get a job too?

Hope they pick their bottom lips up soon kids eh. keep smiling, it works for me... (just)

Not much money in mechanic work here on sunny coast, not sure what the rates are up there, thought you said he wanted to be a sparkie or was that someone else.? More money in that too.... Sounds like you got your work cut out chick & only 3wks in, they should be on hol mode!

As for the boyfriend you could call customs and say he's a drug dealer or something, he wont get anywhere near her then!

Good luck and i hope it starts to feel like 'home' soon. xxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by loubylou1
Well I am not so sure.......i do not want to say where i work, but patient:nurse ratios worse, epxections to do over time unpaid is the norm. Nursing practices way behind even a gp led backwater community hospital. Hubby has recently had d & v, and I was taken ill at work today....actually sick, but cos we were so short staffed i was given maxalon and had to get on with it! My hubby also wants to get work, as he is being house husband at the mo, but they change the rosta at the drop of a hat, without consulting staff, and with littleones and childcare that is just no good.

Sorry to whinge and paint a gloomy picture, but despite living in a beautiful area, which I marval at every day, i am so tired i do not enjoy it and hubby is so peed off at not being able to work, things are not good here.

I know it is easy to say, swap roles, but nursing gives a regular and liveable income and my hubby would be doing contracting, and a lot of out door work, which is often rained off so it is a no go at the moment as we have rent and mortgage to pay.

I do not miass england at all, but I miss my friends and family really badly, and just feeling crap at the mo.

Sorry to put a downer on stuff, and obviously we are not the norm..........just needed to get it all off my chest.

loux
Ahh, Lou, Sorry you're feeling so sad. My mate's a nurse on sunshine Coast and she says the same thing, but she has now found a job at a surgery what does cosmetic stuff too and she is really happy there. just recently she demanded what she wanted and they gave it to her as they couldnt afford to loose her, they have really bad staffing problems too. She works a lot of hours and they have finally given her fixed hours so she can work it around her kids and a pay rise with a bonus!

I think it will work out for you, but you got to stick with it & i think once you prove yourself they should give you what you want within reason (like a fixed rota), and if they dont look for something else and tell em to f**k off! You're worth ten of em!

Thinking of you,

S-j xxxx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

[QUOTE=s-jmelbournewannabe;5877084]Ahh, Lou, Sorry you're feeling so sad. My mate's a nurse on sunshine Coast and she says the same thing, but she has now found a job at a surgery what does cosmetic stuff too and she is really happy there. just recently she demanded what she wanted and they gave it to her as they couldnt afford to loose her, they have really bad staffing problems too. She works a lot of hours and they have finally given her fixed hours so she can work it around her kids and a pay rise with a bonus!

I think it will work out for you, but you got to stick with it & i think once you prove yourself they should give you what you want within reason (like a fixed rota), and if they dont look for something else and tell em to f**k off! You're worth ten of em!

Thinking of you,

Cheers S-J,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am sure it will get better, just want to go home right now and never thought i would be saying that. I know we have got to just get through this difficult patch, but we will be signing on our uk house soon,and I spose that is scary too.
As they say here "she'll be right!!"
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:09 am
Just Joined

opotiki58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Nadine, you got a new id??? whats going on?

Dawn, really pleased you got some good news. let us know whats happening, really hope it works out for you chick xxx

Teryna, Glad you're here. kick em out the house and get them socialising, expats! New mates etc, they'll be good. They got to put the effort in... You got a shopping complex or anything there? Your daughter would get a job there. Or they could start a course at TAFE, they will still enrol now if the class not full...... might be better for them to get a job too?

Hope they pick their bottom lips up soon kids eh. keep smiling, it works for me... (just)

Not much money in mechanic work here on sunny coast, not sure what the rates are up there, thought you said he wanted to be a sparkie or was that someone else.? More money in that too.... Sounds like you got your work cut out chick & only 3wks in, they should be on hol mode!

As for the boyfriend you could call customs and say he's a drug dealer or something, he wont get anywhere near her then!

Good luck and i hope it starts to feel like 'home' soon. xxxxxxxxxx
Hi S-J

no not changed me ID but I cant send personal messages now typical. We flying out on the 13th Feb Yippee - dog goes same day - Dad meeting us at Sydney I feel wretched, sick nervous, but hey so what here we come, glad you all ok, I look for you posts - take care chick love Nadz
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Hi there,

it all seems to be getting pretty low on here at the moment with all the bad news on the housing market.. .. I dont envy the decision making you guys are having to do.

I saw JJFC and his family today. We met some other expats from this site, colleybabe24, wannabethere too. It was nice, seen quite a bit of these guys lately and it really helps to keep making the effort with meets as there's lots of nice people in this site. May be doing a bbq tomorrow at the park if the bloody rain stops! It rained all morning but picked up around 2ish...

Sam, they saw your seats on the plane with more brits in them off to Perth!

They will tell you all about it soon, they are just waiting to secure a rental and they can get internet connected etc. All the boys and older kids are off bodyboarding tomorrow morning at 5!!! Si and Abi off, Chris and his 2 kids, Steve and Mark, we'll see who manages it to turn up that early!

Well guys i'm off to bed now, have a good weekend and i hope next week brings you all good news xxx

S-j x
The cheeky b*****ds!!!!!!

Great to hear things are going well for you guys!!!

sam xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.