March Applicants

Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi everyone well done for the visa grants,sorry about the bike s-j and si leas you tried ive been busy with the estate agents etc bungalow now on the market parents gutted were hoping for a last reprieve. crown coming out friday still dont know what to take never mind my inlaws are in cairns from today and have their holiday homework with them ive been granted a career break so its a safety net for the kids. im ready now as im seeing my home being dismantled, the emotions are running high and ive got 3 months to go.gonna miss the kids at work.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi everyone well done for the visa grants,sorry about the bike s-j and si leas you tried ive been busy with the estate agents etc bungalow now on the market parents gutted were hoping for a last reprieve. crown coming out friday still dont know what to take never mind my inlaws are in cairns from today and have their holiday homework with them ive been granted a career break so its a safety net for the kids. im ready now as im seeing my home being dismantled, the emotions are running high and ive got 3 months to go.gonna miss the kids at work.
Come on darling!! Its exciting!! Crown coming next week here too.. We might be on the same plane, put it this way you will definately here us!! I'll tell you the flight number and you can avoid it.....

Sounds like you got all the areas covered...

Sam, get your stuff finished and sent, just got rid of Si's today, wow, it feels good to know you dont have to do anything else (but get the job, get the licence, do cpr and bluecard, ) well feels like nothing compared to all we've done so far!.

Anyhow off now as had the match on 'pause' for ages and want to watch it with my wine, or it will end up a pissed up nite on BE..

S-j xx Chin up chick!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Flights Booked leaving heathrow at 22.15 on 18th October arrive brisbane 06.40 on 20th October, on beach 12.00 on 21st october
Dog and cats flights confirmed for 15th arrive 17th october.
This has all of a sudden become so real and very scary, having dinner with my family to celebrate my birthday on saturday will probably be last time together, have people trying to book dates in for a last get together, just know we are going to offend someone by missing them out
Is it possible to be excited and absolutely S**t scared at same time !!!!!!

Steve & Nat
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
Sean,
Is the problem of happy slapping in Oz too. that is such an awful thing ffor youngsters to do.
I was brought up with coporal punishment and there is nowt wrong with me either.i consider myself a repectable member of society.
However, i have never hit my children i used to chastise them verbally send them to their room for punishment so i am with your Oh their.
I have 2 well behaved respectable and well liked children we are a very close family[which is why they want to come to Oz with us]
I am hoping society is a little better behaved in Oz than over here. Im very concerned with the number of teenagers either being stabbed /shot or doing the ded themselves. Quite frighteneing!!
It makes the dink and drug problem appear trivial
My rant over now
Teryna
Hi Teryna,

Yes unfortunately this country to has been tarnished by the happyslapping craze. I think that the big difference is the absence of chavs here (mind you in this heat to wear a hoody all day would be stupid). You do however get the bogans (equivalent to chavs) best identified through the mullet and bad odour (also found carrying a bundy and coke can). Anyone going to the Gold Caost/brisvegas will experience what goes on when these revheads with no brains get together for the Indy 500. Mind you the surf gangs are also notorious for protecting their turf and hey we all know what happened during the Cronulla riots (this place does have faults).

My best description of Ozzie society is that (particulary in the country and out of Sydney/Melbourne), they can appear brash and uncultured to some that are not used to it. Basically they tell it like it is and don't pull any punches (something I love about this place).

Drugs are also commonplace here, particularly ice which is cropping up in even the smallest towns, so I would not think that one would evade them by moving here. Drink is also bad (although I think it is better than the UK). People here don't have to spend the whole day in the pub and reserve those days for times like Australia Day or ANZAC Day- they are rather out exercising or at the gym.

Another thing I love about here is the fact that you can go to any doctor when you are sick, unlike in the UK when you had to register and then could only visit that doc. Health care is good- although you know this already being a nurse.

One other funny story and then I have to do some work for a change this week. There are mooted tax cuts in the pipeline for those people who are overweight and show initiative to lose that weight. How ridiculous is that- I feel then that they should also being giving me a hefty tax cut since I train everyday to keep healthy and keep the weight off.. Mad place this Oz.

Oh and one more- I had such a laugh that Zimbabwe of all places gave Oz one in the cricket this morning. 70% of that country either live overseas or are dead- amazing stuff..

Cheers
S
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Hi Teryna,

Yes unfortunately this country to has been tarnished by the happyslapping craze. I think that the big difference is the absence of chavs here (mind you in this heat to wear a hoody all day would be stupid). You do however get the bogans (equivalent to chavs) best identified through the mullet and bad odour (also found carrying a bundy and coke can). Anyone going to the Gold Caost/brisvegas will experience what goes on when these revheads with no brains get together for the Indy 500. Mind you the surf gangs are also notorious for protecting their turf and hey we all know what happened during the Cronulla riots (this place does have faults).

My best description of Ozzie society is that (particulary in the country and out of Sydney/Melbourne), they can appear brash and uncultured to some that are not used to it. Basically they tell it like it is and don't pull any punches (something I love about this place).

Drugs are also commonplace here, particularly ice which is cropping up in even the smallest towns, so I would not think that one would evade them by moving here. Drink is also bad (although I think it is better than the UK). People here don't have to spend the whole day in the pub and reserve those days for times like Australia Day or ANZAC Day- they are rather out exercising or at the gym.

Another thing I love about here is the fact that you can go to any doctor when you are sick, unlike in the UK when you had to register and then could only visit that doc. Health care is good- although you know this already being a nurse.

One other funny story and then I have to do some work for a change this week. There are mooted tax cuts in the pipeline for those people who are overweight and show initiative to lose that weight. How ridiculous is that- I feel then that they should also being giving me a hefty tax cut since I train everyday to keep healthy and keep the weight off.. Mad place this Oz.

Oh and one more- I had such a laugh that Zimbabwe of all places gave Oz one in the cricket this morning. 70% of that country either live overseas or are dead- amazing stuff..

Cheers
S
Cheers for that Sean.
Just a quick reply ive been band from BE by s-j for being to stressed and negative i think.
Still no news for me you see!!!
Anyway im off to work im supposed to be on annual leave but i cant hang around this computor waiting for an email so im going to do a bank shift today and tomoz.
Speak soon
Teryna
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Flights Booked leaving heathrow at 22.15 on 18th October arrive brisbane 06.40 on 20th October, on beach 12.00 on 21st october
This has all of a sudden become so real and very scary, having dinner with my family to celebrate my birthday on saturday will probably be last time together, have people trying to book dates in for a last get together, just know we are going to offend someone by missing them out

Steve & Nat
YES know exactly how you are feeling Im gonna be crapping myself too the pressures on!! I think we have to go with the flow and take each hurdle as it comes as with the whole process. We are just looking to book flights for jan now still havent confirmed yet. Does anyone know if the dogs/ cats get a break between flights out of the cage seems a long long time for them to be locked up and i forgot to ask at jets for pets. Dont know about all of you but every day is a blur at the moment packed full of jobs to do.Take care all good luck to those who are waiting Im sure there will be a surge forward soon.xxTrudi
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:44 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.....just wondering...

what's everyone's views on citizenship? and howmany of you areplanning on donig it...i know BB is.

I didn't really look into it until yesterday and can now see lots of positive's about it
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking

what's everyone's views on citizenship? and howmany of you areplanning on donig it...i know BB is.

I didn't really look into it until yesterday and can now see lots of positive's about it
I plan to go ahead so long as I don't have to relinquish my other passport. My view is that the more options you have in life the better. One never knows when a really good role will come up and I want the chance to come and go as I please here. Whilst I really love the country and plan to spend majority time here, I would not right off a stint in the US or HK/Singapore to top up the coffers.

They don't really put pressure on you to do it- my ex boss here has been in Oz as resident for 20 years and still not done it. Indinvidual choice I suppose. It makes no real difference if all you want to do is stay here for good. Does offer those with young kids an option for those kids future.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:47 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SeaninOzalready;5305256]
I plan to go ahead so long as I don't have to relinquish my other passport. My view is that the more options you have in life the better. One never knows when a really good role will come up and I want the chance to come and go as I please here. Whilst I really love the country and plan to spend majority time here, I would not right off a stint in the US or HK/Singapore to top up the coffers.

while it's under the commonwealth we wouldn't have to, but how long will that be? that's what made me think of getting it sooner rather than later..and once you have both, even if Auz became a republic etc they couldn't take it off us...dual passports can't be a bad thing! plus also being able to go somewhere else for who knows how long and return back at anytime....what would you say are the down side..if any?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

PANIC PANIC!!!!We just received an email from lcu trying to track down our meds and need info like DOB, clinic, who it was sent with etc..we had emailed them a few weeks ago to double check they had arrived and we got an automated response at the time.
our doctor refused to send them with a courier even though we said thats what we wanted, and said he had never had a problem with royal mail before. so now we are thinking ARE THEY LOST?ARRRGGGHHHHHHH:curse:
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The howellers
PANIC PANIC!!!!We just received an email from lcu trying to track down our meds and need info like DOB, clinic, who it was sent with etc..we had emailed them a few weeks ago to double check they had arrived and we got an automated response at the time.
our doctor refused to send them with a courier even though we said thats what we wanted, and said he had never had a problem with royal mail before. so now we are thinking ARE THEY LOST?ARRRGGGHHHHHHH:curse:

I think that they are probably following up on the mail that you sent, and asking for more information before sending a reply.

I dont think that they will be lost, it is just normal Ozzie red tape , and they are getting every last piece of information from you before giving you a reply.

Dont worry until you need to worry.

Rgds,
Kenny & wendy
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

YES know exactly how you are feeling Im gonna be crapping myself too the pressures on!! I think we have to go with the flow and take each hurdle as it comes as with the whole process. We are just looking to book flights for jan now still havent confirmed yet. Does anyone know if the dogs/ cats get a break between flights out of the cage seems a long long time for them to be locked up and i forgot to ask at jets for pets. Dont know about all of you but every day is a blur at the moment packed full of jobs to do.Take care all good luck to those who are waiting Im sure there will be a surge forward soon.xxTrudi
one second i'm excited cant wait to go the next i'm thinking am i sure its the right thing to do! even tho i no it is the right thing to do! And we havent got the bloody visa yet!
Animals dont get a break in between flights or any thing they get sealed in crates and not allowed out till they reach kennels at other end. Well thats the way i understand it.

Lorna
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

[QUOTE=welshviking;5305323]
Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready

while it's under the commonwealth we wouldn't have to, but how long will that be? that's what made me think of getting it sooner rather than later..and once you have both, even if Auz became a republic etc they couldn't take it off us...dual passports can't be a bad thing! plus also being able to go somewhere else for who knows how long and return back at anytime....what would you say are the down side..if any?
Hi

My sister has still got her British passport and she uses that one when she comes into the Uk. It saves her time at immigration.... Then on the way back she uses her australian one. So in reality she has the best of both worlds...............

When her British one ran out, she didn't have a problem renewing it. So far she can't see a downside to having both.

Hope this helps.

Lesley-ann
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:57 am
live free or die

[QUOTE=rosebee;5305672]

Hi

My sister has still got her British passport and she uses that one when she comes into the Uk. It saves her time at immigration.... Then on the way back she uses her australian one. So in reality she has the best of both worlds...............

Lesley-ann
kool!! thanks
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys

Steve & Nat
Congrats Steve and Nat, Good feeling now you're booked and know when you're off! xx

Originally Posted by bundybell
Cheers for that Sean.
Just a quick reply ive been band from BE by s-j for being to stressed and negative i think.
Still no news for me you see!!!
Anyway im off to work im supposed to be on annual leave but i cant hang around this computor waiting for an email so im going to do a bank shift today and tomoz.
Speak soon
Teryna
CAUGHT YOU!!!!

I know what you mean, i felt like i needed the loo everytime i thought about Australia until a couple of weeks ago!!

we are Est!

Originally Posted by The howellers
Ahh man! just send the info they ask for, they will find them and just put them with your application.... Try not to worry yet, as kenny said. x

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
one second i'm excited cant wait to go the next i'm thinking am i sure its the right thing to do! even tho i no it is the right thing to do! And we havent got the bloody visa yet!
Animals dont get a break in between flights or any thing they get sealed in crates and not allowed out till they reach kennels at other end. Well thats the way i understand it.

Lorna
Lorna, i was exactly the same but this morning i just thought F**K it! you only live once! We've just had one of the worst weeks for death with Jayne Tomlinson, pavorotti and Anita Roddick dying, all of different generations, but leaving children behind.. .. Put it all into prospective for me. When it's your time you're gone and there's nothing you can do about it.. I just want to live my life to the full and cram in what i can in the short time we have...

Before you know it, we'll all be old and i for one dont want to be saying, I wish i'd tried living in Australia......

So chin up everyone and lets get on with it, no matter what rocky path we all have.... When you look at the TV and the horror stories at the minute, in reality we arnt going through as bad a time as we all think...

And what about all those poor people having the bad news about their TRA's!!!! dreams have dissapeared! (just until they come up with another idea anyway)

Well, thats me put the world to right for one day

i need to shut up and go to school!

S-j xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.