March Applicants

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi All

Well the passports came back with the sticker in it.
So thats that.
House now on the market.
Hope to be down under in jan..

For all those still waiting,,,, Keep the faith and remember why you started down this path...
It will happen i am sure.
Good luck
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
S-J you might want to read the posts on motorbiking in Oz - read a thread on Britvics and am definitely going to encourage OH not to ride out there - either that or make sure he's got fantastic insurance.

yeah it's mad isnt it, not read that thread but my mates got a bike in Oz and he says it's a nightmare.. i'm trying to encourage him to ditch the road bike and get a road/off road bike, due to lack of quality of roads... tracks on Sunshine coast. . . . . .We'll see, thanks for the concern love. x S-j x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
Hi Sean,
I was thinking about you this morning thought you'd deserted us.
Thats not good the water so low in QLD thats where im heading,
mind you if i ever get there.
Teryna
Hey Teryna,

Hold tight it will happen. Moving countries is always a nightmare and (sorry to say this) you will find that you will not reach your comfort zone again for at least a year or two into the move. Overall it takes at least 3 years to settle for a family. Getting a visa sorted is always the easy part. You and all the rest on here will still face so many more adventures, victories and defeats in the coming months. OH and I were having a look at houses (well stumbled onto one on our long weekend run)- it is really my dream- right on the Northern beaches and such a great place to raise kids- very quiet and nothing like Bondi or manly. Thing is it is about $2 million over our budget at present. Oh well maybe in a few years if the sharemarket comes good.

I have not been on here in a while as we had the APEC fiasco here with Bush and Putin and those other world muppets. Honestly we were treated like prisoners in our own city of Sydney with a giant fence being erected to protect the delegates. needless to say alot of people were very unhappy. Thank goodness they are gone now- good riddance..

Unfortunately the water shortages are just commonplace here in Oz. That and raging bushfires in the summer. I believe that some of the Victorian fires from last summer are still burning- nothing can put them out and the authorities say that they will just have to stop on their own. 20% of that state was burnt last summer. I constantly have a go at my OH about keeping showers to 4 minutes or shorter. I think it is just cultural differences between us though as I grewup in places were drought was really bad, whereas people from the UK (ie. my OH) have no idea of a proper drought and heavy water restrictions. My oldman used to take off his belt and beat us as kids if you were caught wasting water or showering more than 2 minutes. Hence this respect for water has carried through to my adult life.. oh well end of that rant..

QLD is also due to have a new premier soon with Beattie saying he has had enough- pity as he was a man I really admired and one who was really into trying cloud seeding, desal and sewage recycling to stretch the water supply.

Good luck with the packing all. Hold tight Ternya- this is the easy part!

S
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Hey Teryna,

Hold tight it will happen. Moving countries is always a nightmare and (sorry to say this) you will find that you will not reach your comfort zone again for at least a year or two into the move. Overall it takes at least 3 years to settle for a family. Getting a visa sorted is always the easy part. You and all the rest on here will still face so many more adventures, victories and defeats in the coming months. OH and I were having a look at houses (well stumbled onto one on our long weekend run)- it is really my dream- right on the Northern beaches and such a great place to raise kids- very quiet and nothing like Bondi or manly. Thing is it is about $2 million over our budget at present. Oh well maybe in a few years if the sharemarket comes good.

I have not been on here in a while as we had the APEC fiasco here with Bush and Putin and those other world muppets. Honestly we were treated like prisoners in our own city of Sydney with a giant fence being erected to protect the delegates. needless to say alot of people were very unhappy. Thank goodness they are gone now- good riddance..

Unfortunately the water shortages are just commonplace here in Oz. That and raging bushfires in the summer. I believe that some of the Victorian fires from last summer are still burning- nothing can put them out and the authorities say that they will just have to stop on their own. 20% of that state was burnt last summer. I constantly have a go at my OH about keeping showers to 4 minutes or shorter. I think it is just cultural differences between us though as I grewup in places were drought was really bad, whereas people from the UK (ie. my OH) have no idea of a proper drought and heavy water restrictions. My oldman used to take off his belt and beat us as kids if you were caught wasting water or showering more than 2 minutes. Hence this respect for water has carried through to my adult life.. oh well end of that rant..

QLD is also due to have a new premier soon with Beattie saying he has had enough- pity as he was a man I really admired and one who was really into trying cloud seeding, desal and sewage recycling to stretch the water supply.

Good luck with the packing all. Hold tight Ternya- this is the easy part!

S
Cheers Sean wise words as always. At least when i get there i wont be waiting for something all the time or will i?
Still no news for me this morning, my agent was going to email the DIAC monday enquiring again, i think shes fed up with me emailing her all the time asking 'any news'? She is now doing her best to get me a case officer.
Glad all is OK with you
Cheers Teryna
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by bundybell
Cheers Sean wise words as always. At least when i get there i wont be waiting for something all the time or will i?
Still no news for me this morning, my agent was going to email the DIAC monday enquiring again, i think shes fed up with me emailing her all the time asking 'any news'? She is now doing her best to get me a case officer.
Glad all is OK with you
Cheers Teryna
Hi Teryna,

You are much too kind with your words. I am only a humble man trying to help out where I can. I know things are not plainsailling, I sometimes even get frustrated by things here in Oz after three years. I also got extremely frustrated by things in the UK- I suppose one gets used to a certain way of doing things and then when you move you have to learn that countries ways.
Things that I have found easier in Oz:

Renting a property- they let us have it without even a reference check. Just cheked our bank details etc.

Opening a bank account- you can just walk in and do it with a passport and no fixed address in your first two weeks in Oz. heck you can even walk in with your passport as a tourist and open an account.

Getting furniture delivered. Went to IKEA- bought entire flats worth and wanted it delievered. None of this 'Oh we can only do that on a Tuesday when the moon is full in 2008' malarky of the UK. They delievered it all the next day (a Sunday at no extra charge) and even apologised that they could not do it same day as the trucks had left. What service.

Also find Estate Agents here much better. They actually send out a repair man the same day to fix things and don't just take money in cold blood ala Foxtons and co.

Things I hate about here- Bank charges. All banks charge you bank fees for transactions and for using Atms from different banks. I absolutely loathe this as they make enough money off us as it is. Howard has mooted scrapping alot of these fees recently (funny how that is right before the election!).

Hold tight- it will come. I know it is no good being in limbo, but treat it as extra time to sort out plans and to accumulate extra funds- your kids can be squirelling away extra cash that will be invaluable when they are job hunting out here.

Regards
S
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beetleman
Hi All

Well the passports came back with the sticker in it.
So thats that.
House now on the market.
Hope to be down under in jan..

For all those still waiting,,,, Keep the faith and remember why you started down this path...
It will happen i am sure.
Good luck

All done and dusted on the visa front then!!!!
You have a similar time scale to us, we hope to be there for jan!
Where are you looking at? can't remember where you said.
has your OH looked at the pay for a CCC? What does she think?

sean,

i remember when we were in sydney. We were on manly beach and all of a sudden the sun dissappeared and the sky became smoggy grey. (we were wondering if it was the end of the world!) Eventually, we and others realised it was the bush fires. They were really bad that christmas (2002, i think it was) When we flew home the next day from sydney we could still see them burning, even the deep red flames! it looked like the earth was melting from the plane! it was really upsetting to think of all the humans and animals that died in it and if i can remember rightly they were started on purpose:curse:

We knew cars have to be owned for no less than 12 months didn't know bikes were the same but then we've never looked into taking a bike!

Good luck for the next 2 days for visa'a Co etc - wednesday usually brings nothing!!

Sam xx
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sammyg

sean,

i remember when we were in sydney. We were on manly beach and all of a sudden the sun dissappeared and the sky became smoggy grey. (we were wondering if it was the end of the world!) Eventually, we and others realised it was the bush fires. They were really bad that christmas (2002, i think it was) When we flew home the next day from sydney we could still see them burning, even the deep red flames! it looked like the earth was melting from the plane! it was really upsetting to think of all the humans and animals that died in it and if i can remember rightly they were started on purpose:curse:

We knew cars have to be owned for no less than 12 months didn't know bikes were the same but then we've never looked into taking a bike!

Good luck for the next 2 days for visa'a Co etc - wednesday usually brings nothing!!

Sam xx
Yes Sam- I have flown over VIC the other week and the pilot said that not to worry as the sky turned cloudy as it was still the smoke from the bushfires. I was raised with a heavy hand and was taught respect the hard way, so I suppose I am a little harsh and a stand out in todays world in that I think anyone caught lighting fires should be hung drawn and quatered. But then OH and I always fall out about discipline for kids- she reckons a stern talking to always does the trick, whereas I was raised in the smack first and ask questions later mould.

Kids over here are abit better than those in the UK, but it still grates me when they can't stand up for the elderly or pregnant women on trains. Also this whole happyslapping and other malarkey never went on when I was at school. Mind you my school advocated corporal punishment and manual labour as punishment (I built walls, painted fences, laid cricket pitches etc). All character building stuff and there is nothing wrong with me, I have managed to build a good life for myself and still maintain a level of respect for society- todays kids are weak and have too much time on their hands... Must stop ranting on Sorry folks.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Yes Sam- I have flown over VIC the other week and the pilot said that not to worry as the sky turned cloudy as it was still the smoke from the bushfires. I was raised with a heavy hand and was taught respect the hard way, so I suppose I am a little harsh and a stand out in todays world in that I think anyone caught lighting fires should be hung drawn and quatered. But then OH and I always fall out about discipline for kids- she reckons a stern talking to always does the trick, whereas I was raised in the smack first and ask questions later mould.

Kids over here are abit better than those in the UK, but it still grates me when they can't stand up for the elderly or pregnant women on trains. Also this whole happyslapping and other malarkey never went on when I was at school. Mind you my school advocated corporal punishment and manual labour as punishment (I built walls, painted fences, laid cricket pitches etc). All character building stuff and there is nothing wrong with me, I have managed to build a good life for myself and still maintain a level of respect for society- todays kids are weak and have too much time on their hands... Must stop ranting on Sorry folks.
Sean,
Is the problem of happy slapping in Oz too. that is such an awful thing ffor youngsters to do.
I was brought up with coporal punishment and there is nowt wrong with me either.i consider myself a repectable member of society.
However, i have never hit my children i used to chastise them verbally send them to their room for punishment so i am with your Oh their.
I have 2 well behaved respectable and well liked children we are a very close family[which is why they want to come to Oz with us]
I am hoping society is a little better behaved in Oz than over here. Im very concerned with the number of teenagers either being stabbed /shot or doing the ded themselves. Quite frighteneing!!
It makes the dink and drug problem appear trivial
My rant over now
Teryna
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Well nice to see we are all busy today as usual!

The ARTC docs have finally been collected and it's winging it's way via DHL to Melbourne... Glad thats done and now cant do anything else for Simon apart from order his books when they have released the updated version, should be anytime now..

Also Simons bike gonna get yet another polish so it can look nice and shiny for Bike Trader. We knew you had to have for 12 mths, but as it was a replacement bike cos the other got smashed while Si was on it, we/crown shipping thought they would let it go for exceptional circumstances..... Yeah right! Ah well, he can get one straight away and wont have to mess about with plates and AQIS etc... He's still a bit pissed off though.. Needless to say the girl who told us it would be ok has left crown on Friday last week .

but onwards and upwards and it's something else off the now diminishing list!

take care,
S-j x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

sean,

Sam xx
Hi Sam
We are hoping to end up on the Sunshine Coast....we fell in love with its beautiful coastline...where are you hoping to end up?....as to CCC pay scales...my OH has'nt checked these out...but we are'nt doing this move for money, it's all about the quality of life
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam
We are hoping to end up on the Sunshine Coast....we fell in love with its beautiful coastline...where are you hoping to end up?....as to CCC pay scales...my OH has'nt checked these out...but we are'nt doing this move for money, it's all about the quality of life
We are looking at the gold coast but nothing is set in stone. I don't think we can make that decision until we've checked it all out...and there's a lot of checking out to be done! We want to find the right place first time as we've moved so many times in UK, we want to stay put for a while and it cost loads of money to sell up etc in aus so don't want to be making that mistake

The CCC pay isn't great but we always knew that and i agree - quality of life is what it's all about. we wouldn't be going if it was for money, hey?
has OH had cert/s assessed by NOOSR yet? thats the next thing to be done for us.

I'd better stay away from sunshine coast in jan anyway otherwise there will be 2 CCC looking for jobs

Sam x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi

How would she go about that then, If you don,t mind me asking.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi

How would she go about that then, If you don,t mind me asking.
just sorting mine out at the moment. I'll pm you
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

just sent you 2 pms
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

just sent you 2 pms
Ta!...replied via pm!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.