Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Yes. He is correct . I have seen few cases from hr country (176 sponsored) Those who applied in september and october 2008 have been alloted case officers.

Originally Posted by mavios
Hi Sanjay
I don't have a clue, but there is nothing indicating that the new changes target only LR countries. Anyway even if an HR applicant allocated a CO the same time an LR applicant allocated one, the LR applicant will still be processed faster due to security checks.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

you should remember that the number of newly state sponsered visas is very limitted (which would by about 1.5/12 * 7% = 0.875%) and is controlled by the states. so it wouldn`t be a problem even if they continue to allocate a CO for each newly state sponsered application it would still be possible.
You are right mavios just because everyone wants to get state sponsorship to get priority......... does not mean that the states are going to increase staff to process more state approvals.

Also remember that the occupation lists for most states have been reduced.... so less applicants would qualify for state sponsorship.

I would say that 7% will stay static..... even through everyone is in a panic to get state sponsorship to get priority..... remember those poor souls who maybe only have 100 points would be losing out to applicants who have 120+ and are only applying for 176 to shorten their application time by 4-5 months.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Romantic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dhama
Yes. He is correct . I have seen few cases from hr country (176 sponsored) Those who applied in september and october 2008 have been alloted case officers.
Where did you get this information. Could you please share the links with me. I am from hr country and i have not heard yet about anu applicant with 176 who have been alloted a co !!!.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Romantic is an unknown quantity at this point

EXACTLY!!
you can get a feel by doing a simple calculation
just multiply 365 days in one year by 7% you will get 25.55 days which is close to the period set by DIAC if you put in mind that the changes started from 1st of january 2009 and they might also added a week or two for the new year holdays.
I suppose that you are exactly right about this aaproximate calculations/ Perhaps DIAC calculated the terms the same way as you do. On my mind that the number of immigration quotas is regulated according to the government policies and the productivity of DIAC stuff. Eventually we may calcuclate either the number of the officers they have in order to process such a huge ammount of applications. Lets assume that time to process one case and to check the documents is approximately 4 hours. During the day the officers the department wil process 9350/30 ~~ 270 cases. In order to process this ammount of applications during the day the stuff off 135 people is needed.

Last edited by Romantic; Jan 30th 2009 at 7:20 am.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Smile Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Well it might be possible that all the State/Territory Sponsored applicants might be allocated CO by 13 Feb.... Projections show that only 7% of visa's will be allocated in this program year. (see attached)

So in theory the projected visa allocation for the current program is

Independent skilled 56%
Employer Sponsored 21%
State/Territory Sponsored 7%
Family Sponsored 10.7%
Business 5%

Even with the new changes there might be a spike in the number of applicants seeking state sponsorship, but the actual number of approvals processed and granted by the states is a different matter.

As for the new applications lodged this year there will probably still be a small percentage of over all applications will get priority.
Thanks for sharing this Interesting Stats.

ps: Stats are Stats, there's more than one way to read them either to our advantage or otherwise
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

indoirish is an unknown quantity at this point

"There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics." Benjamin Disraeli

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." Andrew Lang
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by indoirish
"There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics." Benjamin Disraeli

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." Andrew Lang
Love the lang quote!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,
I saw it in beupdate.co.uk. September applicant from taiwan, october applicant from nepal and Today april applicant from philiphines all were alloted co.Thanks and Regards.Dhama

Originally Posted by Romantic
Where did you get this information. Could you please share the links with me. I am from hr country and i have not heard yet about anu applicant with 176 who have been alloted a co !!!.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:09 pm
Australia here we come

Location: Sheffield, UK in body but not in mind! Perth on the horizon
chopperlamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

yes I am proper confused as well as many others seem to be.

We have just applied for 175 visa (23/12/08) as we thought it would be best, PM with the least restrictions (so I think). We are planning to go to WA so maybe we should have gone for the sponsored 176?

So after all this does anyone know the plan for 175? does it look like they are getting treaded in the same bracket as 176??

Also does anyone know roughly the processing time once CO allocated?

I am a Maintenance Fitter 4112-11 and my trade is on the MODL,CSL,SOL and ENSOL. So will this help things go quicker, or is it luck of the draw?

Also the online application status is saying processing commenced but it needs my evidence, which I have electronically tagged and I am led to believe the status will not change until CO is allocated, but it is also saying meds are outstanding. Is this telling me to do them? Do I do them or wait until contacted? I do not want to fall into the trap some others have and front load everything and the time run out.

Also it does not mention police checks, I thought these were mandatory.

Please help

Regards.
Chop.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

amdee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chopperlamb
Hi There,

yes I am proper confused as well as many others seem to be.

We have just applied for 175 visa (23/12/08) as we thought it would be best, PM with the least restrictions (so I think). We are planning to go to WA so maybe we should have gone for the sponsored 176?

So after all this does anyone know the plan for 175? does it look like they are getting treaded in the same bracket as 176??

Also does anyone know roughly the processing time once CO allocated?

I am a Maintenance Fitter 4112-11 and my trade is on the MODL,CSL,SOL and ENSOL. So will this help things go quicker, or is it luck of the draw?

Also the online application status is saying processing commenced but it needs my evidence, which I have electronically tagged and I am led to believe the status will not change until CO is allocated, but it is also saying meds are outstanding. Is this telling me to do them? Do I do them or wait until contacted? I do not want to fall into the trap some others have and front load everything and the time run out.

Also it does not mention police checks, I thought these were mandatory.

Please help

Regards.
Chop.

Hello Chop, welcome to the world of waiting....ya i m also 175 applicant ..i applied in feb 08 still no CO and ya your right...your status shall not change until long....i m worried that long may also mean a year as in our case it is...well there is no hurry in processing the meds and clearances....we did it may 08....and still we stand worried that they may expire.....just wait for atleast six months as far as meds are concerned......you shall have the advantage of having yr profession on CSL as it comes in second priority list for DIAC......good luck
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Ms.Pooh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can anyone pls clarify if after Feb 13 the CO allocation for state/regional sponsored applications will still continue or after this date they will move on on the next priority w/c is those applications under CSL? thanks!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

fmadau is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaketheory
of course not. i have state sponsorship and am still awaiting a case officer. nothing has been spontaneous for me. I am not too confident in them allocating all state sponsored applicants by Feb 13 but would like to see it. But it doesn't really mean that much if it should. It could be that each case officer is getting a giant pile of applications and thus it still may take months for that CO to get to my file.

You'd obviously be behind me in the queue. i applied online, low risk country with a very straightforward case (no partners, no dependents, etc. . .) in early Sept '08.

l have a CO for my 176 application for 3 weeks without knowing , l received an email on 29/01/09 requesting Australia Federal Police certificates. All documents where showing as 'met'. l have friends who applied in Dec 09 who now have Case officers and we are from High risk country. Co will only contact you if further documentantion is required, if you front loaded everything it will go straight to grant without contact from CO.

Very soon you will have a CO.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ms.Pooh
Hi can anyone pls clarify if after Feb 13 the CO allocation for state/regional sponsored applications will still continue or after this date they will move on on the next priority w/c is those applications under CSL? thanks!

I think 176 sponsored application will be given priority even after 13 February since its a directive from the minister to give preference to state sponsorship.
And this directive is up to the end of financial year june 2009.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fmadau
l have a CO for my 176 application for 3 weeks without knowing , l received an email on 29/01/09 requesting Australia Federal Police certificates. All documents where showing as 'met'. l have friends who applied in Dec 09 who now have Case officers and we are from High risk country. Co will only contact you if further documentantion is required, if you front loaded everything it will go straight to grant without contact from CO.

Very soon you will have a CO.
Hello fmadau!
Congrats for having your CO as well as thanks for sharing the news of your friends. I think it would be Dec 08 applicant, isn't it?
If it is so, then we are really lucky that December 2008 applicants are getting their CO even from HR country!!
Cheers!!
Safaet
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Romantic
l am from Hr country and and l now have a Co for my 176 State Sponsored Visa. l have 5 Friends and we are from the same country, the all have caes officer for their 176 state sponsored visas applied after me. The time lines are as follows,

Mine- lodged 01/04/08

Friend 1- lodged May 08

Friend 2 and 3 Lodged Sept 08

Friend 4 lodged 0ct 08

Friend 5 December 08

We had case officer the same week (last week).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.