Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by hairart
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!
WE HAVE OUR VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAD A TX FROM LOVELY ALAN AT LAST.
Lots of congrat's babe

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi My Lovelies,

I so want to tell you this but there are so many waiting on news that I feel bad! We got a Case Officer today.

I was not expecting it as I checked emails first thing this morning and nothing so maybe they are working late to clear backlog.

This is what has been requested:

Re send PCC as they were not clear enough (how can I improve the clarity?) Scan tham on a colour scanner??
Evidence.

Evidence of undergoing medical examinations (can I scan receipt of meds & xrays and copy of tracking to LCU?) I'm sure i have read on here that this would be ok

Employment References: is says "Please Provide a work reference or employment certificate from the employer "Lynx Eng" showing start date, duties, hours and designated position." What can I send for this as Paul hasn't told them we have applied? We have job offer letter stating start date and nearly all his weekly payslips and this years P60, do you think we could do a job description and send the other info but just tell them we haven't notified them that we have applied for a visa?

Just so you know I have been crying typing this out because there are lots of you who are still waiting and who may have applied just before us for that I am sorry but I am chuffed we have the case officer. And quite bleeding rightly so too, you should be chuffed to pieces, we are all with you babe whatever stage we are at we are still really pleased for you and there really, truely andhonestly no need to be sorry at all

From the bottom of my heart I really hope we all have good news very soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Originally Posted by hazelf
Hi everyone WE GOT A CO TODAY, YIPPEEEE

They have asked us for up-to-date police checks, that we sent 2 weeks ago to our agent and they haven't arrived yet!!

Also they want my husband's son, who is 15, and stays with his mum and not coming with us, to have a medical, anybody know the reason why this is as my husband's ex isn't happy about letting him have it done!!

Hazel
Congratulations on your CO babe, hope you hear something really soon

Originally Posted by minibelle
Great news to everyone who has a CO

I have started to look at flights to oz and was wondering if anyone has already booked.

I think i can feel a list coming on if anyone wants to help?

When are you going and who did you decide to fly with?

minibelle
Parents just got back today,they flew straight form manchester to Sydney with Emirates and said that the service was outstanding both ways, the choice of films was good too, still not sure why the mil couldn't wait to see HSM 2 both ways like but anyway. We are going to also look at Singapore as they are supposed to be excellent plus i believe that you can obtain extra baggage allowance with Singapore too although i'm not 100% on this bit and it'd need checking out.

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi not managed to get on much day. Good news is that our pccs arrived this morning and have now scanned them across to our agent - that's the last thing we've needed to do - now we wait again.

The very sad thing that's happened today is our 16 year old westy was put down. A very difficult day for us. We've had him since a pup and to watch him struggle with failing back legs has been torture, but now he's at peace. Good bless him. x

Caroline
Ah poor babe, sending you massive hugs, the image of my westie taking her last breath in my arms a couple of years ago is still so very vivid i know exactly how you feel chick, my heart really goes out to you. Like you say though you have got lots of photo's to chesrish

Originally Posted by mo33
We've got our Case Officer!
Ya-hoo!!
Mo x

Congrautlaions Mo

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
I replied with Dear Mr So & So cos that's how they addressed my OH
Irish Gal

PS Hitting the Baileys now
Not too sure about the address bit but i can highly recommend putting a whiskey in your baileys, it warms all your insides as it goes down, proper lovely it is.

Anyway just to update everyone, we haven't heard anything what so ever, the wait is doing my head in, arguments within the family have started yet again (nothing to do with visa but they don't help my stress levels) and totally worst of all, i noticed that i hadn't got any red wine left 5 minutes before the local shop shut, i'm sat here with a hot chocolate!!!! How sad????!!!!!

Good luck to one and all for some news really fast, i realise they are on holiday tomorrow but maybe our agents haven't read their emails today or even some DIAC staff might be working overtime (a girls got to dream before anyone says anything....... and yes i'm getting desperate now)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Hi Vickys

Did you say DIAC on holiday today? That means another weekend of waiting!!! Getting so frustrated now - hoping to hear something on our house yesterday or today - nothing yet - keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Good luck to those like us - still waiting.......

Lindsay
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:05 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mullalloo
CONGRATS ON THE CO VICKIE

Thanks Caroline and Irishgal for confirming that. I had a feeling that is what email said but I need it in laymans terms not posh wording. Does that mean I can add MEDICALS CLEARED to my timeline?

I don't imagine for one minute we have a CO but it would be nice.

Claire
Yes, I would go ahead and say Meds Cleared . Have you got Evidence of Employment ready just in case? Get some payslips and P60s scanned in ready to speed things up.
x

Originally Posted by bextaroota
Just quickly- has anyone had an email from DIAC (if you already have your visa that is) for a web site specifically for skilled migrants emigrating to Oz: www.skilledmigrant.gov.au (I think they must be doing away with the old database...)

Yes, we got this email yesterday. Haven't really taken a look at it yet
Irish Gal
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

mullalloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Yes, I would go ahead and say Meds Cleared . Have you got Evidence of Employment ready just in case? Get some payslips and P60s scanned in ready to speed things up.
x

Yes, we got this email yesterday. Haven't really taken a look at it yet
Irish Gal

Hi Irishgal

Thanks. OH is self-employed but his accounts are all up to date even for 07/08. Pay his NI online so got all the paperwork for that. Plus have all the payslips and P60's for the job he was doing before he went back to bricklaying.

Our biggest problem is the fact that each time we flew to Oz I applied for an online ETA (travel Visa). OH has a criminal record dating back 18 years that I forgot about so we should have contacted the Oz embassy instead of applying for ETA's. They could see this as being dishonest and lying. So we are worrying alot at the moment as this could scupper our chances.

Claire
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi Irishgal

Thanks. OH is self-employed but his accounts are all up to date even for 07/08. Pay his NI online so got all the paperwork for that. Plus have all the payslips and P60's for the job he was doing before he went back to bricklaying.

Our biggest problem is the fact that each time we flew to Oz I applied for an online ETA (travel Visa). OH has a criminal record dating back 18 years that I forgot about so we should have contacted the Oz embassy instead of applying for ETA's. They could see this as being dishonest and lying. So we are worrying alot at the moment as this could scupper our chances.

Claire
It was SUCH a long time ago so fingers crossed they'll overlook it. I'm sure there's plenty of people in your boat who've genuinely forgotten to include stuff.
Irish Gal
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hi Irish Gal, dead quiet on here this morning! Just want to pick your brains if you're still online........
i read somewhere yesterday that if your CO gives you a certain amount of time to submit stuff eg 70 days then he will not look at your file at all until the 70 days is up?? Have you heard the same??
Mo x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:05 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Hi Irish Gal, dead quiet on here this morning! Just want to pick your brains if you're still online........
i read somewhere yesterday that if your CO gives you a certain amount of time to submit stuff eg 70 days then he will not look at your file at all until the 70 days is up?? Have you heard the same??
Mo x
Oh no! Is this true! I want to have my visa before 70 Days! We've got 35 days too.

Love Vic X
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

I think it's true, read it on a forum and it was a mod posting about all that happens with your application once a Co has it

We have 35 days too......not too long. I think we have the same Co so keep in touch and we can compare notes and times!
I sent off my OH's pcc last nite to him and got an instant reply!
Mo
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Hi Irishgal

Claire

Have you contacted them about it at all. Seem to remember a suggestion of sending a very apologetic email to the CO along the lines of it was a genuine error on your part, long time ago, completely forgot. Also adding you are a different person from back then and getting a character reference from someone who has know you for a while ie doctor, policeman, MP, etc. Genuine mistake on your part, want to be honest about it etc. I think just leaving it and hoping for the best wasn't recommended as it's DIAC's job to pick these things up.

Tam

Sorry sounds like I am having a go at you, I'm not just trying to remember what was said and where the thread is.

Last edited by TMRE; Apr 24th 2008 at 10:48 pm. Reason: didn'y want op thinking I was having a go at her!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:09 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

I think it's true, read it on a forum and it was a mod posting about all that happens with your application once a Co has it

We have 35 days too......not too long. I think we have the same Co so keep in touch and we can compare notes and times!
I sent off my OH's pcc last nite to him and got an instant reply!
Mo
I am loving Alan X
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Just out of interest I noticed (whilst trawling through the update list- HOW SAD AM I??) that there was another visa granted yesterday who lodged there application on 13/8 and had full ack 5/2. Also Graham7 got their visa on the 22/4, the same day as Hairart.

So it looks like it hasn't been that quiet a week. Keep them coming pleaseeeeee
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:01 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Well..... some good news.

1) the UK PCC lot called me up to tell me the applications had arrived but they had some trouble with my proofs of address.... told me how to sort it out, and would accept scanned copies of additional proof and provided email address - superstars!

2) the lady that isnt my CO (just dont ask why I get two?!) replied to my email about the PCCs saying, "give us what proof you have and we'll see what we can do"!!! at the very least it is giving it a try and we might not have to wait another 3 months!!!

so now need to get OH to stop arsing around on the Mac and get the scanner working.....

feeling much more positive
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:02 am
Oh, George.....

Mo x
Definitely not true. Our deadline was 6th May and the last thing we needed to get in was the meds - which were cleared on the 7th April - We got our visa on the 9th APRIL so definitely not true

Irish Gal
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:03 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Mo x
Not true!!! My CO (or the lady that is not my CO but also replies!?) normally responds to my emails & pleading within a fortnight... not always with answers that I want, but at least within 14 days.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:05 am
womble

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Hi Vickys

Did you say DIAC on holiday today? That means another weekend of waiting!!! Getting so frustrated now - hoping to hear something on our house yesterday or today - nothing yet - keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Good luck to those like us - still waiting.......

Lindsay
Well I got an email from ASPC today so some poor things are working today on Anzac day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.