AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Congratulations UK4 oz on getting your visa- Enjoy your celebrations.

No news for us again today, hopefully we will hear something next week as it will be 10 weeks on Monday since full ack- surely it must be our turn soon PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!
Looking at your timeline I would think you will go straight to visa.
Fingers and toes crossed you hear something next week.

JOANNE
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Thanks hope you're right, been looking at Be update and everyone around us is turning either green or yellow on sheet- we're feeling a tiny bit jealous!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:15 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by uk 4 oz
good morning fellow augustees,

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

Need some advice re: rental accommodation and car hire when we arrive

many thanks
Fantastic news! I'm so thrilled for you!!! Best of luck with the next stage x x

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Bit of news for me too - we are exchanging on the house on Monday with completion Thursday At bloody last!! this has been going on forever!

Hey Gonnago,
Delighted all is going well with the exchange. It must be such a relief
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Irish Gal

Happy St Paddy's Day to all!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:29 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

i checked my e-mail this morning as i do every morning, wishing and praying for some news and there in my bulk / junk mail tray was the e-mail i was waiting for.....

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

am so chuffed gonna send passports off today to australia house, gonna book flights as well for july.

many thanks

Congratulations
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

good morning fellow augustees
i checked my e-mail this morning as i do every morning, wishing and praying for some news and there in my bulk / junk mail tray was the e-mail i was waiting for.....

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

am so chuffed gonna send passports off today to australia house, gonna book flights as well for july.

many thanks
now that's fab news!!! finally something for us augustees
congratulations and enjoy! hope the hangover won't be too bad

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
The viewing went well. Apparently an investor is interested so his agent was around and took lots of photos. I've been told he wants it so its just down to price. I have to wait another week though to find out. Don't care really as long as the price is in-and-around what we're looking for.
Thanks for asking!

(PS. House back to being a complete mess again )

house in mess again - i so know the feeling!!!
we've had the EA over earlier to get pics taken of the rooms and house - luckily kids were at nursery till 12 so oh and i got time to clean everything!
EA was rather impressed by the changes we've made from last week - good luck with your investor!!!!!

Bit of news for me too - we are exchanging on the house on Monday with completion ThursdayAt bloody last!! this has been going on forever!

more great news!!!! - i am dreading the house sale more then the actual visa - well done you!!

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Have been looking at flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Adelaide.
Can't seem to make my mind up -I know alot of you have to deal with looking after toddlers throughout the journey which I can imagine will be a nightmare if they don't get much sleep. Have been looking at overnight flights. My two boys are old enough to understand whats going on. Even so dealing with a whinging teenager can be just as bad.

Joanne
hey joanne!! so you are still going to adelaide?? i thought you've changed your mind - we deffo will take a night flight!!! and find something to dose the 2 monsters to go into hybernation for the duration
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

many thanks
Fantastic news, what a great start to the weekend!! Don't get too drunk on all the champers I suppose you'll be quaffing
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

many thanks
FANTASTIC NEWS

Nice to see the Aug lot moving at last

Good Luck

Tina x
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

CONGRATULATIONS UK4OZ

Ejoy your new life organising and cu on the other side
kathx
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Great news uk$oz,

Another case officer available!

Hope all the house sellings goes well, cant believe its starting to get closer, i like the idea of going in september and having 2 summers

fingers crossed for next week

minibelle
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

many thanks
Congrats you lucky ducks!! I had a feeling in my water this morning it was gonna be a good one for some!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

mullalloo will become famous soon enough

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

Just bumping this up. Been up since 5. My 6 year old not very well. Hoped we might have had an email. But of course not. Starting to feel very despondendent. Hardly anyone has got any acks or COs this week. What's going on? We have just had to take another 6 months out on rental we are in. Landlord said only need to pay month at a time and give a months notice, which is nice but it is money lost. Is there an end to this Visa process? My OH actually said that if he knew we were going to go through this we would not have bothered.

Anyway, at least Shannon Matthews has been found. Now that is GOOD NEWS!

Last edited by mullalloo; Mar 14th 2008 at 6:56 pm. Reason: error
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Have been looking at flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Adelaide.
Can't seem to make my mind up I know alot of you have to deal with looking after toddlers throughout the journey which I can imagine will be a nightmare if they don't get much sleep. Have been looking at overnight flights. My two boys are old enough to understand whats going on. Even so dealing with a whinging teenager can be just as bad.

Joanne
Hi Joanne,
Regarding flights to Oz with the children.Console yourself with my experience,"NOTHING" could be worse I'm sure.It took us 3 days to get there and we missed 2 flight connections.We should have landed on the Saturday and eventually landed on the Monday afternoon-Aahhhh !!!!! My little girls were 2 & 4 at the time. We were due to fly from Manchester to London-then London to Melbourne with brief stop for refuel in Singapore.
Due to technical problems we were late leaving Manchester and missed our flight in London.Waited hrs for another and then the only flight available was going via L.A (the long way round)
We got to L.A and because of the strict security it took us 2.5 hrs to get through customs and we then missed our Melbourne flight.
There were no other flights available for 24 hrs so they put us in a hotel for the night but, had misplaced all our luggage so no clean change of clothes and only a few nappies in my hand luggage for my little one.I was really stressed at this point-in fact I cried !!!!!!!!
Eventually got booked onto another flight but this was going to Sydney so had to get further connecting flight to Melbourne.My 4 year old had started to get "air sick" by now on every take off and landing so thank goodness for the little brown bags -bless her !! The 15 hrs flight from L.A to Sydney was a real budget airline and there was no inflight entertainment other than 1 projection screen showing "The Queen with Helen Mirren(nothing for the kids)Due to the stopover in L.A,we had gone through 3 time zones and their sleeping pattern was completely "scrambled."
On our return flight,we boarded the plane,only to be told we had technical problems again and to cut a long story short- as I'm sure you are all getting bored by now-we had a 7 hr delay at Melbourne airport.Needless to say we will not be going with British Airways again-oh yeh, forgot to say they also mislaid our stroller so my 2 yr old had to be carried as she'd fallen asleep.This didn't arrive until 2 days after we got home.
Despite all this my girls were angels during this horrendous experince and surprised me as to how "resilient" kids are.So, all of you out there who will be travelling with children,console yourself with my experience and believe me,the flight will probably be a breeze.Good Luck and my only words of advice if you are not planning a stopover is to make sure there is at least 3 hrs between flight connections- just in case.
Take care
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
we're just blindingly sending off all our requested documents to the aspc email address, waiting for the auto-reply receipt and then sitting here waiting.

hopefully they now have a hold of everything.... pccs from 3 different countries, meds, ref letters, everything.

there shouldnt be anymore documentation requests so just got to sit & wait..... humph
Do you get an email back? I sent on my babys new passport (scanned) back in January but had no reply/confirmation...???? Do I need to send it again? I scanned our PCC's and sent them yesterday too! We've done our meds and we're just waiting- all documents in (as far as we know LOL!) So I know how your feeling- 'hmmphhh' too !!!!

WE GOT IT !!!!!!

many thanks
HORRAY! CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck down under x I bet you're really relieved!! Nothing for us this week, but I'm glad some of us are getting closer to our dream...

Congratulations UK 4 OZ. thats fab news, I love getting news on here even when its not my own.

Bit of news for me too - we are exchanging on the house on Monday with completion Thursday At bloody last!! this has been going on forever!
That's fabby Gonnago! Getting closer all the time... xx

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
Hi Joanne,
Regarding flights to Oz with the children.Console yourself with my experience,"NOTHING" could be worse I'm sure.It took us 3 days to get there and we missed 2 flight connections.We should have landed on the Saturday and eventually landed on the Monday afternoon-Aahhhh !!!!! My little girls were 2 & 4 at the time. We were due to fly from Manchester to London-then London to Melbourne with brief stop for refuel in Singapore.
Due to technical problems we were late leaving Manchester and missed our flight in London.Waited hrs for another and then the only flight available was going via L.A (the long way round)
We got to L.A and because of the strict security it took us 2.5 hrs to get through customs and we then missed our Melbourne flight.
There were no other flights available for 24 hrs so they put us in a hotel for the night but, had misplaced all our luggage so no clean change of clothes and only a few nappies in my hand luggage for my little one.I was really stressed at this point-in fact I cried !!!!!!!!
Eventually got booked onto another flight but this was going to Sydney so had to get further connecting flight to Melbourne.My 4 year old had started to get "air sick" by now on every take off and landing so thank goodness for the little brown bags -bless her !! The 15 hrs flight from L.A to Sydney was a real budget airline and there was no inflight entertainment other than 1 projection screen showing "The Queen with Helen Mirren(nothing for the kids)Due to the stopover in L.A,we had gone through 3 time zones and their sleeping pattern was completely "scrambled."
On our return flight,we boarded the plane,only to be told we had technical problems again and to cut a long story short- as I'm sure you are all getting bored by now-we had a 7 hr delay at Melbourne airport.Needless to say we will not be going with British Airways again-oh yeh, forgot to say they also mislaid our stroller so my 2 yr old had to be carried as she'd fallen asleep.This didn't arrive until 2 days after we got home.
Despite all this my girls were angels during this horrendous experince and surprised me as to how "resilient" kids are.So, all of you out there who will be travelling with children,console yourself with my experience and believe me,the flight will probably be a breeze.Good Luck and my only words of advice if you are not planning a stopover is to make sure there is at least 3 hrs between flight connections- just in case.
Take care
Oh bless you all! I have a 4 year old and a nearly 1 year old so I can sympathise!! I hope your next journey is much better!

Last edited by bextaroota; Mar 14th 2008 at 10:22 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
Hi Joanne,
Take care
Thanks for sharing this with us. You were very unlucky and I am glad you arrived eventually, safe and sound. I'm sure this isn't an everyday accurance . But it has prepared me for the worst case senario. Thank you. I have definately made my mind up. I'm booking an overnight flight.

Joanne
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

sheton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have just got back our new pcc checks how do you get them to where they need to go?? do you just scan them an attach them to an email with the ref no that came on your recipt email?????? help please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.