April 2008 Applicants

Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Dodge38
Morning Tiger!!

You are on the ball this morning...I have just checked numbers too!!

Dodge
Morning, Dodge!

Thanks!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiger222
Unofficial Visa Count for 7th of July
1 August 2007
1 November 2007

CO for 3 December Applicant

A little too quite. I'd guess there are a couple more that haven't reported in yet. Stay tuned...
Another August 2007 announced they received their VISA. Although the Agent kept them in the dark about the news since 4th of July!

2 COs for 3rd of December and 1 CO for 7th of December

While it is moving, I was hoping for 16 Visa Grants this week.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by T-bird
Heamish - and anyone else heading Sydney way... my friend sent me some commentary on places to live. It's only one person's opinion, but might be worth saving and digging out at a later date.

T-bird

We live in Lilyfield - Just off the Balmain peninsula. We're a bit set back, but it's still only 10 mins drive into the CBD (Central Business District) and very pretty and residential down by the water - 10minutes walk to the nearest pub but despite that we're coping!!

Lilyfield / Leichhardt is little Italy - fab cheap and cheerful restaurants galore - rental is average (ours used to be $330 per week for a 2 bedroom detached house although rentals are going up at the moment)

Rozelle /Balmain - full of wealthy pohms and the best pork pie shops for miles (due to the large population of british) It's full of very wa*ky shops, eco hippy style fashions, 4 wheel drive push chairs and bikram yoghurt. It's actually very nice, just a tad on the expensive side - lots of cafe culture, bars and restaurant nightlife.

Surry Hills is very central and has mixed areas, from swanky chic to scary druggy. It's a bit more like the Camden end of Sydney

Darlinghurst / Kings Cross, also very central and more clubby - very load with lots going on but can be a little divey.

Paddington - the posh end of King Cross. Central, fab fashion shopping and good pubs. Probably on a par with Balmain for expense (so a tad pricey) but central and a really nice vibe.

Bondi, Bronte way are very transient - more short term studenty. Although if you're looking for sea, surf and that typically aussie feel, that's your place. apparently prices vary around there. You basically get what you pay for from student type living upwards.

Word of advice, bring 12 months worth of BT /gas / lecky bills etc and proof of your mortgage / rental agreement. When you start looking for rentals if there's more than 1 party interested it becomes a bit of a competitive situation where you have to prove you're worth the investment.

Have a look at http://www.domain.com.au/?mode=rent so you can get an idea of what you can get bang for your buck!
T-Bird and Heamish,

Been watching from a distance, actually trying to keep away as things are slow and want to keep calm. I am planning to go to Sydney. My husband is less keen as he thinks he will have to work harder so it is interesting what you are saying about the places and costs. Thanks. We have family in Sydney - step mum had a house in Paddington now a flat in neutral bay but we also want to have a life and not worry about the rent or too much commuting. OH travels two and half hours a day or stays away. The aim is to try and avoid that and have a beach.

Then we have to think about schools and not having to move again too soon.
I guess we will have to choose when we find jobs.

Not planning to go until next year anyhow - goodness knows when we will get our visa - we are paper based.

How do you get hold of the paper you suggested?

Good to keep up,

Han
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hanwilt
T-Bird and Heamish,

Been watching from a distance, actually trying to keep away as things are slow and want to keep calm. I am planning to go to Sydney. My husband is less keen as he thinks he will have to work harder so it is interesting what you are saying about the places and costs. Thanks. We have family in Sydney - step mum had a house in Paddington now a flat in neutral bay but we also want to have a life and not worry about the rent or too much commuting. OH travels two and half hours a day or stays away. The aim is to try and avoid that and have a beach.

Then we have to think about schools and not having to move again too soon.
I guess we will have to choose when we find jobs.

Not planning to go until next year anyhow - goodness knows when we will get our visa - we are paper based.

How do you get hold of the paper you suggested?

Good to keep up,

Han
Hi Han
Nice to hear from you. A lot to think about and too much time to ponder! You are right, of course, decisions about where to live can't really be made until we know where we'll be working. I'm sure wherever that is though, it wont be such a long commute.

I googled the magazine - you can order it from http://www.merricksmagazines.co.uk/issue.php?id=29

There is also a 'red guide' about moving to Oz. I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet so I don't know what it's like.

Hope that helps, T.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough

Han, Heamish and anyone else heading to Sydney or Melbourne

A friend set up this website - it's gots lots of useful info on places to live.

http://www.cityhobo.com/

T-bird
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

heamish will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by T-bird
Han, Heamish and anyone else heading to Sydney or Melbourne

A friend set up this website - it's gots lots of useful info on places to live.

http://www.cityhobo.com/

T-bird
Thanks T-Bird, you're a star mate...
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

yeah got my visa today!!!! n yes im an april 08 applicant!!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonny83
What visa did you apply for?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unofficial Visa Report for the 9th of July
2 DECEMBER 2007 Applicants Received VISAS today!!! 1 of those was a 176 State sponsored
1 August applicant
1 October applicant
1 November Applicant - 176

10th of December Applicant has CO!!

Also startling news! it took 2 DAYS from application to receive a 457 for an August applicant! (they are still waiting for their 175)

Last edited by tiger222; Jul 9th 2008 at 12:55 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

And a late October one on a 175 MODL....see link below:

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visagrants.php

Thanks Tiger!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dodge38
And a late October one on a 175 MODL....see link below:

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visagrants.php

Thanks Tiger!
Thanks, Dodge, I just saw that one!!

Last edited by tiger222; Jul 9th 2008 at 12:51 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations Jonny83!!! It's great to get your VISA

Could you please let us know what Visa you applied for? Thanks!!

I just checked his previous posts - 175 VISA GRANT!!

Last edited by tiger222; Jul 9th 2008 at 1:30 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

off2oz2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
Congratulations Jonny83!!! It's great to get your VISA

Could you please let us know what Visa you applied for? Thanks!!
Hi,

According to Jonny83 previous posts its 175

Annie
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Hi Jonny,

Congratulations on your visa..... Sparky's must be in great demand in Australia lol . I should check with the other couple I know who got their Co at around the same time as you (they applied in may for their 175 and he is a sparky too), to see if they got their visa as well.

Congratulations again on your new life down under... you must be very excited.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by off2oz2
Hi,

According to Jonny83 previous posts its 175

Annie
Thanks Annie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.