April 2008 Applicants

Old May 29th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

I know you already know this but check out this story from Market Watch . com

U.K. house prices plunge, retail sales slow
House prices see record. 2.5% May drop, Nationwide survey says
here's the link http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...3451E9D3EAD%7D
Old May 29th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Who needs some cheery news? We all do.....Take a look at all the VISA Grants from AUGUST 2007!!! It's got to make you all smileI figure once the Pre-September backlog is gone, those COs can come over and work on the rest....

Originally Posted by mo33
Well, told OH so now can officially say:

We got our visa!!

Hey ho!!
Mo x
Originally Posted by the4ofus
CONGRATS on the 2 visa grants today - so far

Lynn xx
Originally Posted by tayles
oh almost forgot..............................

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY TOO!!

I can't believe it, all this time worrying about the medical issue, what a relief I can tell you. Now we can say when not if we get to Oz. Your turn next Claire

Typical can't get a hold of my OH on his mobile but will keep trying. Can't wait to hear his response!!
Originally Posted by Ryaner
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL ON VISA GRANTS AND GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF MY FELLOW AUGUSTEES. IT CANT BE MUCH LONGER NOW
Old May 29th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

heamish will become famous soon enough

Just to let ya all know that medicals are being finalised in uber fast time too. Our meds were posted standard post from Dublin on the 16th May and are now shown as finalised on the immi website. Now....That's what I'm taaalkin about.....
Best of luck everyone

Last edited by heamish; May 29th 2008 at 7:48 pm.
Old May 29th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Sorry Heamish....thicko here...well more like lazy bugger really cuz I'm using an agent and don't venture onto the Immi website much. So where do you find out when your meds have been finalised?
Old May 29th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snoo
Sorry Heamish....thicko here...well more like lazy bugger really cuz I'm using an agent and don't venture onto the Immi website much. So where do you find out when your meds have been finalised?
Basically you logon to the following page http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/ and access your application status using your TRN No. and your password assigned during the application process. hope this helps...
Old May 30th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by heamish
Just to let ya all know that medicals are being finalised in uber fast time too. Our meds were posted standard post from Dublin on the 16th May and are now shown as finalised on the immi website. Now....That's what I'm taaalkin about.....
Best of luck everyone
Heamish -

They were finalized? Not just received? I've heard people say it takes a month! That is fast!!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Ah, yea ok, thanks Heamish. I haven't got a file number yet...actually thinking about it do you think I should have by now? It was a month since the app was submitted!! How long did it take for you to get a TRN? I'm puzzled now!!
Lisa,x
Old May 30th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Your agent should have been sent a TRN pretty much straight away, in fact they would have been made aware of the TRN when submitting the application online...
Old May 30th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Yea, thanks H, I've been able to find the elusive TRN!! It's on all of our forms of course, but we didn't really know what it was other than 'our' number!! Our agents didn't really explain that we could use this to track our application...perhaps it keeps them more 'in control' if we don't know we can check for ourselves??
I'v been on to have a look, they took the cash on 25th April....so is that 'acknowledged' as such now? I'm going back on to have another look as the bloody doorbell rang as I was in the middle of having a look and the dogs shot off to the door like a herd of rabid wolves...pulling the lead out of the laptop in the process!!
Thanks Heamish....I'm really impressed with that bit of info!! Cheers, X
Old May 30th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Had another look now the wolves have settled down....says 'processing commenced'.....fabulous!!
We had the meds a week after you Heamish on the 23rd May....but they weren't straight forward so will need to be assessed by a consultant....but I can now keep looking on the Immi site to see when they've been accepted!! Whoohoo!
Lisa,x
Old May 30th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yea, thanks H, I've been able to find the elusive TRN!! It's on all of our forms of course, but we didn't really know what it was other than 'our' number!! Our agents didn't really explain that we could use this to track our application...perhaps it keeps them more 'in control' if we don't know we can check for ourselves??
I'v been on to have a look, they took the cash on 25th April....so is that 'acknowledged' as such now? I'm going back on to have another look as the bloody doorbell rang as I was in the middle of having a look and the dogs shot off to the door like a herd of rabid wolves...pulling the lead out of the laptop in the process!!
Thanks Heamish....I'm really impressed with that bit of info!! Cheers, X
I personally think it's a combination between keeping the client in the dark and some people just don't want to know - that's why they hired an agent.

Had another look now the wolves have settled down....says 'processing commenced'.....fabulous!!
We had the meds a week after you Heamish on the 23rd May....but they weren't straight forward so will need to be assessed by a consultant....but I can now keep looking on the Immi site to see when they've been accepted!! Whoohoo!
Lisa,x
Glad you found the status page. Processing commenced stays that way until you get a CO. Also changes when the meds come through. There's a phrase for receipt of the meds; and "finalized" for completion of the meds.

H - can you help with the terms - I don't remember what it says for those two steps. I haven't done the meds yet myself
Old May 30th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

well, as they say...you learn something new everyday!!
It's really funny though because 2 years ago when we started just looking at forums and thinking of maybe applying.....ALL of the jargon, forms, different visa numbers, abreviations etc were just gobbledygoog!! Now we understand 99% of what is said or how the process works but then something pops up that we've got no idea about... I don't know how people got along before these fabulous forums were here to help!
I really didn't have any idea that we could track our own visa applications like this! I knew we could track it on our agents page, but it's good to actually be able to go straight to the source!!
Thanks guys!
Lisa,x
Old May 31st 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Now I usually pick this thread up from my profile but I went searching for it today and we were lurking way down on page 3.

I have got a question for everyone:

Is it just me or does it feel as though a lot of people are front loading their police checks and medicals?

If you have front loaded your police checks and medicals can you let us all know your reasons?

I am intrigued to know. I am waiting until a CO is assigned and asks for them. We have a few reasons. My SIL is getting married at the end of September so we can't go before then. We have a holiday booked in November and at the moment we are still going to take it. Our plan is to fly out early in 2009 with a visa in our passport on as one way ticket, no reccie, no validation visit. So we figured there was no point rushing the only part of the application process which had a time limit on it.

I look forward to seeing everyone's responses.

Charlene
Old May 31st 2008, 3:31 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CharleneG
I have got a question for everyone:
If you have front loaded your police checks and medicals can you let us all know your reasons?
To get it all over and done with... there's enough to sort out without those being sprung on us at a random time Plus - if they're done, then the CO need only look at them: there's no need to contact us and have the application sit and wait. I like to make the CO's life as easy as possible!

Cheers
b
Old May 31st 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

same reasons as above really....plus we really would like to be there dec/jan time really for school and if everything is done in advance hopefully there's no nasty surprises. The only thing holding us up is selling the bloody house!!
xXx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.