887 Visa Applicants

Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:29 am
Just Joined

sharmila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

hi friends
I am new to this forum, just joined today. hope to get it useful..
I am on 475 visa and going to apply for 887 in about few months.. i was primary applicant during 475 visa but now my husband is working and living in SA to fullfill requirements for 887 visa. After initial entry to SA, me and my son returned from there and currently I am studying masters in medical science in Japan as international student living together with my son.
my query is..me as secondary applicant for 887 visa, what are the alternatives to IELTS to prove that I have functional english?
As far as i read DIACs website ,it states some alternatives like at least 3 years primary education in english medium ........like that
is it sufficient that a letter from my current professor stating that i am studying masters in english , presenting every month seminar in english like that to prove that I have functional english?
my previous IELTS during 475 visa already more than 2 years so i cant use it now?
please help if you have similar experiences
thank you friends

Sharmila
Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:21 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeMan
Yeah, you are exactly right. How can I contact with them, email or phone call, I already emailed them twice but never get any reply and someone believe if we contact with them, it may be cause more delay!!
Hi, that does seem like way too long, I would certainly be contacting DIAC again in your situation, by telephone. Your application would not be delayed because you are asking for a status update surely.
You can also use the status update tool on the website https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa
Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:32 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sharmila
hi friends
I am on 475 visa and going to apply for 887 in about few months.. i was primary applicant during 475 visa but now my husband is working and living in SA to fullfill requirements for 887 visa. After initial entry to SA, me and my son returned from there and currently I am studying masters in medical science in Japan as international student living together with my son.
my query is..me as secondary applicant for 887 visa, what are the alternatives to IELTS to prove that I have functional english?
As far as i read DIACs website ,it states some alternatives like at least 3 years primary education in english medium ........like that
is it sufficient that a letter from my current professor stating that i am studying masters in english , presenting every month seminar in english like that to prove that I have functional english?
my previous IELTS during 475 visa already more than 2 years so i cant use it now?
thank you friends

Sharmila
Hi Sharmila, I am no expert but went thru the English language requirement for primary applicant with my husband and my understanding was that there is no alternative to IELTS to prove English language skill. However, if the guidelines state that there are alternatives for secondary applicants and you are not quite clear on what is required it's probably best to contact DIAC directly for clarification to make sure you do all the right things. This forum is wonderful but when it comes to the very important questions imo it is always better to get the official line.

FYI my husband (primary applicant) used the expired IELTS from the 475 for the 887 application and no questions were asked about English language at all.

I hope this is of some help and not just adding to confusion, and I wish you luck with your application
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:03 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot for reply
everybody seems to b from Uk, someone stated that UK is not high risk country..what does that mean? i am curious about that because I am from Nepal, Does nationality affect 887 visa processing in anyway?
thank you for clarification
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:14 am

thanks a lot for reply
everybody seems to b from Uk, someone stated that UK is not high risk country..what does that mean? i am curious about that because I am from Nepal, Does nationality affect 887 visa processing in anyway?
thank you for clarification
Most people are from UK on here because the site was set up for Brirish expats as indicated by the name There are other nationalities here too tho, for example, my husband was primary applicant and he is German.

My understanding of high risk is that it is to do with security checks. I gues it is easier to security check people from English speaking / western / european countries maybe and so checks take longer for other countries. I don't know if Nepal is deemed high risk or not. I guess DIAC can clarify that for you altho I would have thought you would have come across it when you applied for the 475? I don't think nationality affects visa applications so long as everything is correct and security checks are passed.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:26 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot
Sharmila
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:29 am

thanks a lot
Sharmila
Welcome
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:37 am
Just Joined

riazpharmacist06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Every One;

I am applying 887 in last week of April, just collecting the information.

I have been working on ABN as a sub contractor for a company. I have all the invoices that I have been paid for. I have mentioned hours on Invoice (the hours are above 35 hours/week), Do I need to have a letter from the company I was working for to show my more than 1 year work as sub contractor with more than 35 hours per week.

My second question is, I was sharing a house, so I do not have any bill on my name, except the communication from the company, and I had subscribed some professional magazines(letters), my mobile phone bill, ATO communications, My bank letters, and bank statement with my transaction history showing the my living suburb, my driving licence with address. I also have a formal leasing agreement with the person who had the lease for home.

Will that be enough proof of my residence criteria for 2 years.

From last 3 months, I have leased a unit, so I got lease documents, phone, electricity bill, gas bill, internet bill from last 3 months.

Any idea/ suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by riazpharmacist06
Hi Every One;

I am applying 887 in last week of April, just collecting the information.

I have been working on ABN as a sub contractor for a company. I have all the invoices that I have been paid for. I have mentioned hours on Invoice (the hours are above 35 hours/week), Do I need to have a letter from the company I was working for to show my more than 1 year work as sub contractor with more than 35 hours per week.

My second question is, I was sharing a house, so I do not have any bill on my name, except the communication from the company, and I had subscribed some professional magazines(letters), my mobile phone bill, ATO communications, My bank letters, and bank statement with my transaction history showing the my living suburb, my driving licence with address. I also have a formal leasing agreement with the person who had the lease for home.

Will that be enough proof of my residence criteria for 2 years.

From last 3 months, I have leased a unit, so I got lease documents, phone, electricity bill, gas bill, internet bill from last 3 months.

Any idea/ suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Hi,

You do need an employer letter. Employment evidence info here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ional-area.htm

Residency evidence info here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...wo-yrs-res.htm

887 document checklist here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener..._checklist.pdf

All you can do is give DIAC every scrap of evidence you have and make sure you follow all the guidelines for residency / application requirements on the official website before submitting your application, as if anything is missing that will only cause processing delays. This forum is great for hints and tips and sharing of experiences during the visa journey and beyond, but nobody can give you absolute confirmation about what the Department wants except the Department.

Hope the above links help & good luck with your application
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:29 am
Just Joined

hi Riazpharmacist
may not be related to the thread though, I wanna know if u r a pharmacist.me a pharmacist ..looking at ur name i cant stop asking u .. I am applying 887 may b last of August, pls keep updating how your application goes n what r the documents u collected..i wish ur application goes smoothly ..gud luck
Sharmila
Old Mar 10th 2012, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sharmila,

Yes, I am a Pharmacist and I am applying for 887 in next few weeks. Definitely I will keep posting here.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Sharmila,

I do not think you need any IELTS now. Its only at time of 475 visa. If you already satisfied DIAC requirements, then you don't have to provide IELTS now. But still, if you have done Master's in English, or your current study is in English, that will be enough. See think link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-secondary.htm

So, it will not be an issue.

Hope it clarifies your quest.

hi friends
thank you friends

Sharmila
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

samk6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dear All,

I am 475 Family Sponsor visa holder. currently, i am doing full time job and living in designated area in Victoria.

Is there any possibility to get PR (887 Visa) with help of my Employer?. Or is it compulsory to stay and work two years in designated area?....

Your reply will be really appreciated...

Thanks
Wbr,
Samk6
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:20 am
Just Joined

MikeMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samk6
Hi Dear All,

I am 475 Family Sponsor visa holder. currently, i am doing full time job and living in designated area in Victoria.

Is there any possibility to get PR (887 Visa) with help of my Employer?. Or is it compulsory to stay and work two years in designated area?....

Your reply will be really appreciated...

Thanks
Wbr,
Samk6
Hey mate,
you can apply either 887 or 857 if you are eligible.
please have a look at this link:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ration/sir.htm
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

PJC1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Message to Mikeman would like to know if you have been successful in gaining PR as yet? We will be applying next year for 887 visa with my husband as main applicant. We are currently on the 475 visa. I was the main applicant when we applied for the 475 so in a similar position to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.