887 Visa Applicants

Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:39 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by PamE
Has anyone been asked to provide evidence of English language ability of the primary applicant for this visa?
*bump*
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

abmzr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for 887 visa on 7th Nov 2011 and haven't been allocated a CO yet. But DIAC's online update is showing that CO has been allocated for all applicants who applied before 24 Nov. I think I should call them tomorrow.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Application submitted online on 1st December.
CO allocated 8th December, which is pretty quick.
But.....
Long list of additional info required -
Form 80 (same info as on the actual visa appl. - go figure?), AFP checks, Health assessment, Overseas penal cert. (more delays for an overseas application! we did this for the original visa app. so we now have airmail to/from the UK delaying the whole process).
And as if it wasn't enough to get my DOB entered incorrectly on their database from the original application, all the address info they have now entered onto this visa application is also wrong. Rather than look at the application itself, this info has been taken off of a letter attachment that related to our initial application 4 years ago!
I mean, an onshore application with a contact address in the UK?!
Again, go figure!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:06 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BATS666
Application submitted online on 1st December.
CO allocated 8th December, which is pretty quick.
But.....
Long list of additional info required -
Form 80 (same info as on the actual visa appl. - go figure?), AFP checks, Health assessment, Overseas penal cert. (more delays for an overseas application! we did this for the original visa app. so we now have airmail to/from the UK delaying the whole process).
And as if it wasn't enough to get my DOB entered incorrectly on their database from the original application, all the address info they have now entered onto this visa application is also wrong. Rather than look at the application itself, this info has been taken off of a letter attachment that related to our initial application 4 years ago!
I mean, an onshore application with a contact address in the UK?!
Again, go figure!
Hi there, we applied day after you but no CO yet. We've front loaded the AFP checks but no UK police checks, didn't even cross our minds, because we've never even left NSW never mind the country, since we got here. Did you leave the country at any time on your temp visa? Otherwise strange you got asked for overseas police checks! Hope they don't ask us!!

Are your health checks for you and all dependents? Also surprised about that as never heard of anyone being asked for health check on this visa, wouldn't have thought was necessary - except babies that are born here on temp visa. We were going to go ahead and make an appointment for our daughter's medical before getting a CO but think will wait, as we have 10 hour round trip to do it and if my OH and I need to get one as well we don't want to have to go down to Newcastle twice!

Ya know what, I think the whole thing is luck of the draw, just depends what CO you get. Bloody nightmare, can't wait until it's all over.

Good luck with yours, hope you go smoothly from here on in. And us!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Hi there, we applied day after you but no CO yet. We've front loaded the AFP checks but no UK police checks, didn't even cross our minds, because we've never even left NSW never mind the country, since we got here. Did you leave the country at any time on your temp visa? Otherwise strange you got asked for overseas police checks! Hope they don't ask us!!

Are your health checks for you and all dependents? Also surprised about that as never heard of anyone being asked for health check on this visa, wouldn't have thought was necessary - except babies that are born here on temp visa. We were going to go ahead and make an appointment for our daughter's medical before getting a CO but think will wait, as we have 10 hour round trip to do it and if my OH and I need to get one as well we don't want to have to go down to Newcastle twice!

Ya know what, I think the whole thing is luck of the draw, just depends what CO you get. Bloody nightmare, can't wait until it's all over.

Good luck with yours, hope you go smoothly from here on in. And us!
Yeah I thought more UK police checks was odd. Main applicant has been back to the UK 3 times in 3 years for 2-3 week holidays. And there's no way anyone would know.

I don't really see the point. It's more cost (£35 each) more grief (photos & forms), airmail, about another 3 week wait & for what ?

Health check is for the main applicant only....which is also daft, but given the cock up over our address....I don't exactly rate the CO!

Just frustrating bureaucracy!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:19 am

Yeah I thought more UK police checks was odd. Main applicant has been back to the UK 3 times in 3 years for 2-3 week holidays. And there's no way anyone would know.

I don't really see the point. It's more cost (£35 each) more grief (photos & forms), airmail, about another 3 week wait & for what ?

Health check is for the main applicant only....which is also daft, but given the cock up over our address....I don't exactly rate the CO!

Just frustrating bureaucracy!
I don't see the point either what a pain in the ass! Will be interesting to see what additional stuff we are asked for *sigh* anyway at least it's better waiting here than in UK like last time
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:34 pm

Update: also got asked for medical checks for all 3 of us & police clearances for last 10 years!! Altho CO says she wants to "discuss" need for these things before confirming absolute need. But think will have to do meds as forgot order of things - we did the visa stamping thing in Perth and then went back to Southeast Asia for 6 months before arriving NSW so ok, fair enough I guess. Just as well didn't book our daughter in and make travel plans quite yet!! Re. police clearances well that seems a nonsense if they want all the ones we already sent them last time, altho I guess understand if they want a UK one for the time between sending the 475 visa application and leaving the UK. But if Interpol was after us surely the Australian government would be aware by now & we do have clean records submitted for all time here in last 2 years... *sigh*

But, at least got CO very quickly and things are moving...we shall see what she comes back with. And we've decided to go North instead of South for medicals & turn it into a few days hols on the Gold Coast. Much less irritating somehow Woot!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by abmzr
I have applied for 887 visa on 7th Nov 2011 and haven't been allocated a CO yet. But DIAC's online update is showing that CO has been allocated for all applicants who applied before 24 Nov. I think I should call them tomorrow.
Called DIAC on 8th Dec and learnt a CO has been appointed on 14th November who hasn't touched the file before that date. After the call, my online status changed to Further Processing Commenced and received a letter from the CO asking for Form 80, Birth Certificates and Marriage certificate. Uploaded them on the same day. but there is only silence since then.....
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by abmzr
Called DIAC on 8th Dec and learnt a CO has been appointed on 14th November who hasn't touched the file before that date. After the call, my online status changed to Further Processing Commenced and received a letter from the CO asking for Form 80, Birth Certificates and Marriage certificate. Uploaded them on the same day. but there is only silence since then.....
Hope you get some noise soon! Isn't it funny how some seem to process so fast, and some take ages It really does just seem to depend on the luck of the draw with the CO. Ours came back to us already in response to our email last night, confirming that OH & I must indeed do medicals due to being in high risk countries since validating our visas . So tomorrow we will make the appointment for that. Happily she also says we can just resend the previously submitted police checks which is cool. So looks like we are on track and with a good CO I hope you get some feedback very soon as well!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Hope you get some noise soon! Isn't it funny how some seem to process so fast, and some take ages It really does just seem to depend on the luck of the draw with the CO. Ours came back to us already in response to our email last night, confirming that OH & I must indeed do medicals due to being in high risk countries since validating our visas . So tomorrow we will make the appointment for that. Happily she also says we can just resend the previously submitted police checks which is cool. So looks like we are on track and with a good CO I hope you get some feedback very soon as well!
Interesting info.
You only have to do medicals because you've been in a high risk area since validating???
Well we haven't been anywhere but the UK so I cant figure that one out!
We will have to ask about the Police checks to see if we only have to re-send the ones we did 3 years ago.
I wish they'd tell you these things.
It's daft you have to find out via this website. And it seems that it depends on the CO so it really is luck of the draw. No set procedures??
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:55 am

Interesting info.
You only have to do medicals because you've been in a high risk area since validating???
Well we haven't been anywhere but the UK so I cant figure that one out!
We will have to ask about the Police checks to see if we only have to re-send the ones we did 3 years ago.
I wish they'd tell you these things.
It's daft you have to find out via this website. And it seems that it depends on the CO so it really is luck of the draw. No set procedures??
Who knows the whys and wherefores...it does all seem a bit bonkers tho. Having had so much experience with DIAC, particularly when we were trying to get our daughter's visa status formalised when she was born here last year, I don't bother questioning why it goes the way it does any more. Nor do I get mad - well not much - with stuff like the system demanding a 10 digit number, nothing else will do, and then by trial & error you figure out it in the end that it wants 10 digits and a letter *sigh* We just try and stay calm, go with it and do what they say, and have low expectations in order to avoid disappointment / frustration. Will keep you posted what happens next with us after she reviews the police checks we are going to resubmit. I wouldn't be surprised if we get asked for another UK one, but fingers crossed not - as you say it's a helluva hassle and delay. Please post how you go too. It wouldn't surprise me if ours seems to go smooth but then goes tits up tomorrow
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

jimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nice

Originally Posted by rk1500
My PR Application Approved Today yahooo

SA Sponsored 09 July, '08
Applied for SIR 475 31st July, '08
SIR 475 granted 31st March, '09
Arrived to Adelaide : May '09
Applied for 887 10th June, '11
CO assign 2nd Aug, '11 asked for form 80 and employment reference letter
provided on 5th Aug, '11
Ask for Wife AFP 8th Aug '11
Wife AFP Provided on 18th Aug '11
Application Approved on 25th Aug 11
-----------------------------------------
Congrats...............................
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

jimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nicejimmygill is just really nice

Update: also got asked for medical checks for all 3 of us & police clearances for last 10 years!! Altho CO says she wants to "discuss" need for these things before confirming absolute need. But think will have to do meds as forgot order of things - we did the visa stamping thing in Perth and then went back to Southeast Asia for 6 months before arriving NSW so ok, fair enough I guess. Just as well didn't book our daughter in and make travel plans quite yet!! Re. police clearances well that seems a nonsense if they want all the ones we already sent them last time, altho I guess understand if they want a UK one for the time between sending the 475 visa application and leaving the UK. But if Interpol was after us surely the Australian government would be aware by now & we do have clean records submitted for all time here in last 2 years... *sigh*

But, at least got CO very quickly and things are moving...we shall see what she comes back with. And we've decided to go North instead of South for medicals & turn it into a few days hols on the Gold Coast. Much less irritating somehow Woot!
--------------------------
Hello...........How is life there..........?.........so you are approaching near by..........
I will pray for you .......
Ready for new year ....with good spirit.....bye now
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Got my application approved today. I guess I now have to wait for official email from them. My personal experience tells me that it helps to knock DIAC with queries with are then transmitted to the CO and he/she starts to work on your case. Good luck to all of you.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Medicals - only the main applicant has to have one. No explanation why.
AFP checks - both need them. Fair enough - we have been here for 3 years and could have been very naughty in that time!!
UK Police checks - only main applicant has to do these again as she has been out of the country for more than 2 months since the last checks were done in 2008. I have only been out of the country for 3 weeks so don't need to do them again. Not sure why this is the rule but it saves me having to spend £35 and wait for a month for a reply. But it still delays our application by a month whilst my OH waits for a response.
I'm guessing early February for granting visa given these delays & Xmas & New Year etc......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.