887 Visa Applicants

Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:27 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by BATS666
Anyone had problems with the online 887 applications?
We got as far as the de facto relationship only to have the date we entered (same as on the initial 496 visa appl.) rejected.
Call to the help line wasn't much use. Problem is either the database has a different date (for some reason) or there is a glitch which rejects all dates entered.
To find out what was entered will require a freedom of information application (and a one month delay) to retrieve our initial application form.
IT are due to call me to discuss if the system is at fault.
Final advice is to submit a paper application which is exactly what we wanted to avoid. Slows the whole process down AND we have to go get all our documents verified & signed. More grief!
When I pointed out that the HELP button next to the date box says "date de facto relationship became legal" I was told that this is 12 months after the date de facto relationship started.....so are they looking for 12 months after the date I entered, in which case why the heck don't they say so?????
Anyone any advice or been here before?
.....before my Mrs throws another hissy fit!
Omg what a nightmare you are having!! I am sorry I don't have any advice but wish you luck and hope you are all sorted soon, that kind of fark up would drive me absolutely bonkers!!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:28 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KiDan
Hi,

I have got the medical envelope last Thursday posted from Sydney, Just wanted to know how long will it take for CO to decide. I had lodged my online application on 10th Oct.
Don't think anyone can answer that question really but I hope you get your response really soon
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

foxLy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
I have actually been silently reading this forum without joining in but I would like to say that we have PR! Got AFP check back on thurs and uploaded it that night and PR came today!

My main reason for posting though was to share my experience with PamE:
We had a baby 8 months ago and he needed to have a medical, this was quite painless (except for the $200 odd!) Weighed him, measured him and doctor checked him over.

I would say get your AFP checks done and medical booked for baby then you might not get asked for anything more... ours took longer because I hadn't applied for AFP or medical. (We applied on 24th Oct and got case officer on 8th Nov. Approved today 21st Nov)

Good Luck!

Lynsey

**Now to apply for some family tax benefit!!

Last edited by foxLy; Nov 21st 2011 at 2:12 pm. Reason: **
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by foxLy
Hello!
I have actually been silently reading this forum without joining in but I would like to say that we have PR! Got AFP check back on thurs and uploaded it that night and PR came today!

My main reason for posting though was to share my experience with PamE:
We had a baby 8 months ago and he needed to have a medical, this was quite painless (except for the $200 odd!) Weighed him, measured him and doctor checked him over.

I would say get your AFP checks done and medical booked for baby then you might not get asked for anything more... ours took longer because I hadn't applied for AFP or medical. (We applied on 24th Oct and got case officer on 8th Nov. Approved today 21st Nov)

Good Luck!

Lynsey

**Now to apply for some family tax benefit!!
Wow thanks so much for info that's kind of you

887 checklist says clearly that AFP check not required unless requested, so was not planning to do that. Were you asked for it?

I wasn't sure about booking the medical in advance because of not knowing the CO timelines and the fact that we have to go to Newcastle which is 5 hours each way so we'll have to stay over, it's a lot of organisation and OH getting time off work, so I think we have no choice but to wait until asked. But I will call the place in Newcastle and see what their waiting lists are at least, thanks for prompting me - we know she will be asked to do one.

I am heartened to know that your baby didn't cause you delays with the application - prior experience with DIAC indicates to us that there may be some confusion over our baby cos they took 3 months to give us written proof that she exists as far as DIAC is concerned and is on our visa! But , we shall now be hopeful!

Congrats on your fast approval, and your PR, very happy for you and thanks again for sharing, much appreciated
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 1:00 am
Just Joined

foxLy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PamE

I waited for the same reasons as you - because it says to do so!
As soon as we got the case officer we were asked for AFP police checks for myself and my partner, previous police checks too and medical for our son. The medical was no issue cos we were able to get in 2 days later and its quite easy for us to get to but the AFP check you are at the mercy of the system and its saying currently upto 15 working days! Thankfully ours didn't take so long and we're all good.

I felt under pressure a little because we are out of the country from next friday 2nd Dec and if we hadn't got PR before then it qould of had to wait til we came back in the new year and I didn't want to wait that long!

If there is no reason for you to worry about how long it takes then by all means wait with both, I think AFP check may / maynot depend on case officer however if you have been here 2yrs since the last one you had or you haven't had one at all I think its highly likely that they will ask for one and thats more likely to take longer than the medical, since all they need from the medical is your scanned receipt which you could do on the same day / once you get home.

By the way Medicals are valid for 1yr so no real need to wait for that one...
And from what I can see from this forum many people have front loaded their applications with the AFP too and no issues so if you do want PR really fast - to maximise your Family benefit you could try that...

Good Luck with your application!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

anjanalakmal is an unknown quantity at this point

All my documents status changed from "Required" to "Met".
and online status says "Applicant Approved "
I am expecting the Grant E-mail in tonight's batch job.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

anjanalakmal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anjanalakmal
All my documents status changed from "Required" to "Met".
and online status says "Applicant Approved "
I am expecting the Grant E-mail in tonight's batch job.
The Grant Email arrived this Morning. Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

We didn't do the medicals. But we uploaded the AFP check with the application.

It took 23 days for the grant (I think these days they are processing more 175 and 475 independent applications because there's a 7-8 month delay for those categories).
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:58 am
Just Joined

MikeMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
I applied on 31 of Oct, The case officer has contacted with me on Monday and had asked for form 80 of I and my wife and also he requested my CV, I sent them off yesterday but I can’t understand why? And nothing has changed in my profile afterwards, just application processed further!!!!
Also, I want you know that I was main applicant on out 475 visa but I have changed the main for 887 and put my wife as main for this one!
a bit stressful
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by foxLy
Hi PamE

I waited for the same reasons as you - because it says to do so!
As soon as we got the case officer we were asked for AFP police checks for myself and my partner, previous police checks too and medical for our son. The medical was no issue cos we were able to get in 2 days later and its quite easy for us to get to but the AFP check you are at the mercy of the system and its saying currently upto 15 working days! Thankfully ours didn't take so long and we're all good.

I felt under pressure a little because we are out of the country from next friday 2nd Dec and if we hadn't got PR before then it qould of had to wait til we came back in the new year and I didn't want to wait that long!

If there is no reason for you to worry about how long it takes then by all means wait with both, I think AFP check may / maynot depend on case officer however if you have been here 2yrs since the last one you had or you haven't had one at all I think its highly likely that they will ask for one and thats more likely to take longer than the medical, since all they need from the medical is your scanned receipt which you could do on the same day / once you get home.

By the way Medicals are valid for 1yr so no real need to wait for that one...
And from what I can see from this forum many people have front loaded their applications with the AFP too and no issues so if you do want PR really fast - to maximise your Family benefit you could try that...

Good Luck with your application!
Thanks for that! AFP applications sent off yesterday, had a rethink and at the end of the day it costs $43 each but if we do get asked anyway and that causes delay in processing cos we've not done it, then that's another delay in getting the child benefits so we would be losing money. So that's done. Still not called about meds but will do that today. Been here 2 years yesterday - woot! - and actually started the online app this morning but husband has lost all our passports (per my "vent" in the barbie) so we will see where we go from here.....hopefully when he gets back from work they will appear otherwise there will be WORDS!

Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by anjanalakmal
The Grant Email arrived this Morning. Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

We didn't do the medicals. But we uploaded the AFP check with the application.

It took 23 days for the grant (I think these days they are processing more 175 and 475 independent applications because there's a 7-8 month delay for those categories).
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by MikeMan
Hi Guys,
I applied on 31 of Oct, The case officer has contacted with me on Monday and had asked for form 80 of I and my wife and also he requested my CV, I sent them off yesterday but I can’t understand why? And nothing has changed in my profile afterwards, just application processed further!!!!
Also, I want you know that I was main applicant on out 475 visa but I have changed the main for 887 and put my wife as main for this one!
a bit stressful
Hi Mikeman not sure if you're asking a question or just sharing? Visa application is a wild ride hey Hope you have heard something positive by now
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:58 am
Just Joined

MikeMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PamE
Congratulations!

Hi Mikeman not sure if you're asking a question or just sharing? Visa application is a wild ride hey Hope you have heard something positive by now
Thanks PAME, but nothing has happened yet almost a month!!! everyone were silent during last week! yes My question is why they asked for CV of secondary applicant at this stage?:fingerscros sed:
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Omg what a nightmare you are having!! I am sorry I don't have any advice but wish you luck and hope you are all sorted soon, that kind of fark up would drive me absolutely bonkers!!
It turns out that the online application was rejected because someone at Immigration had entered my DOB incorrectly onto the database!!!
A week later we are still waiting for it to be corrected !!!
Grrrr........
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BATS666
It turns out that the online application was rejected because someone at Immigration had entered my DOB incorrectly onto the database!!!
A week later we are still waiting for it to be corrected !!!
Grrrr........
OMG how infuriating!! Hope all goes smoothly and quickly from here on in!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:30 am

Has anyone been asked to provide evidence of English language ability for this visa?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

OMG how infuriating!! Hope all goes smoothly and quickly from here on in!
Well the error on the DOB has been corrected (took 7 days & another phone call).
Back to the online application 2nite.
2nd time lucky?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.