887 Visa Applicants

Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:24 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by abmzr
Got my application approved today. I guess I now have to wait for official email from them. My personal experience tells me that it helps to knock DIAC with queries with are then transmitted to the CO and he/she starts to work on your case. Good luck to all of you.
Congratulations on your grant & thanks for wishes

Originally Posted by BATS666
Medicals - only the main applicant has to have one. No explanation why.
AFP checks - both need them. Fair enough - we have been here for 3 years and could have been very naughty in that time!!
UK Police checks - only main applicant has to do these again as she has been out of the country for more than 2 months since the last checks were done in 2008. I have only been out of the country for 3 weeks so don't need to do them again. Not sure why this is the rule but it saves me having to spend £35 and wait for a month for a reply. But it still delays our application by a month whilst my OH waits for a response.
I'm guessing early February for granting visa given these delays & Xmas & New Year etc......
That is a shame, the additional delay. We have heard back from CO again today, she has not asked for further UK police checks. We have been out of Australia for 6 months total since validating. It is strange, your situation. We are heading North for our health checks on Monday. She says that if our meds results are available by 23rd Dec she will be able to finalise our application that day; failing that it will be 3rd Jan. I won't believe it until I see it granted in writing but am hopeful. Best wishes on a fast grant for you also pending processing of police checks.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:12 am
Just Joined

rh420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question that where can i check if a CO has been assigned? I applied for PR on 23rd Nov and on the "Check Progress" tab, there has been no change yet.
I also called the DIAC today and the person just said that a CO has been assigned on 24th November but...
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

diane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant future

We applied on 17/11/11 ...sent an email 16/12/11 to check have we got a CO...got an answer this morning from DIAC.....my request is sent to my CO he/she will contact if they need more info.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:10 am

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rh420
Just a quick question that where can i check if a CO has been assigned? I applied for PR on 23rd Nov and on the "Check Progress" tab, there has been no change yet.
I also called the DIAC today and the person just said that a CO has been assigned on 24th November but...
Sounds like you have already checked, they told you directly, I don't know another way ...waiting is hard isn't it. I hope you hear something soon
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by diane-ireland
We applied on 17/11/11 ...sent an email 16/12/11 to check have we got a CO...got an answer this morning from DIAC.....my request is sent to my CO he/she will contact if they need more info.
Hope you hear back soon. We did meds today, in theory should be processed by wed so could have visa thursday but probably that is being wildly & unrealistically optimistic!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

diane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PamE
Hope you hear back soon. We did meds today, in theory should be processed by wed so could have visa thursday but probably that is being wildly & unrealistically optimistic!
Thank you.We subbmited all doc's same day when applied(but haven't done med.we didn't leave Oz since we came).
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by diane-ireland
Thank you.We subbmited all doc's same day when applied(but haven't done med.we didn't leave Oz since we came).
so you could have very nice christmas pressie then, any day!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 4:21 am
Just Joined

rh420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PamE
Sounds like you have already checked, they told you directly, I don't know another way ...waiting is hard isn't it. I hope you hear something soon
Yeah DIAC said that CO has been assigned but how to confirm as there has been no progress so far. It is pretty simple and straight forward case and some have been progressed.

What is SRAF as when I completed the Character Assessment Form this particular SRAF was automatically added to my documents update and I have no clue if it is normal or what.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by rh420
Yeah DIAC said that CO has been assigned but how to confirm as there has been no progress so far. It is pretty simple and straight forward case and some have been progressed.

What is SRAF as when I completed the Character Assessment Form this particular SRAF was automatically added to my documents update and I have no clue if it is normal or what.
No idea sorry.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:10 am
Just Joined

mayurshah is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been visiting this forum since last 2 months..

applied for 887 on 23 october 2011..
after long wait my case officer contacted me on 30 november and asked me to send form 80 and form 1221 for me and for my wife.

also asked me to send and evidence of employment and living evidence in regional area... yet i submitted these document online already while filing my application.

Though, I sent all these document on very next day...

still, I am waiting for my visa...

I also called immigration office.. they said that ur last due date to look at ur visa application is 28 december by ur case office.. so you'll have to wait utill this time..

i m wonding about christmas vacation.. now i m prepared to wait long time..

one of my friend applied on 28 november for 887 visa and he already got his visa last week.

i don't understand whts going on with my application...!!! is anyone waiting such a long time for the visa??
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by mayurshah
i don't understand whts going on with my application...!!! is anyone waiting such a long time for the visa??
I don't think there's an answer to why some people are processed faster than others unfortunately - some just take a long time and some are fast. Hope you hear something soon.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:05 am

Argh! All meds results are in DIAC system, all info is submitted, seems all we need now is for someone to press the button but CO has gone on holiday until next year & nobody else can do it So frustrating!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

today my visa application "being processed future"....
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:26 am

PR granted today
Soooooooo happy!

All the best to those of you still waiting, I hope you get yours soon!
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:53 am
Just Joined

mayurshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Officially granted for PR today...

its great feeling.... thnx DIAC for this wonderful gift in newyear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.