TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Sorry to hear that Lloydies. The wait is a killer as I am in the same position with an LMO decision. Hope it turns up soon for you.
Cheers - it's very frustrating. We had a massive wait for our LMO too. Pull your hair out moments come thick and fast!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I am on my 9th week of waiting for my TWP. In the meantime I had been to Calgary for a recce break with my OH and kid.. The little one hated the place calling it countryside....Oh Dear.

I stopped worrying about the wait now. Actually I am going to work overtime to take my mind off it. What else can i do? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and no reply from them.

It will arrive when you least expect it...... Well hope it will come this year. LOL

Ibby
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi

I am on my 9th week of waiting for my TWP. In the meantime I had been to Calgary for a recce break with my OH and kid.. The little one hated the place calling it countryside....Oh Dear.

I stopped worrying about the wait now. Actually I am going to work overtime to take my mind off it. What else can i do? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and no reply from them.

It will arrive when you least expect it...... Well hope it will come this year. LOL

Ibby
It's rubbish isn't it??? I'm hoping ours will also arrive this year. LOL
Everyone keeps asking when we're going! My brother already lives there, and asked me if I'll make it before Christmas - cheeky!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone considered getting their visa at the point of entry or does everyone waiting need medicals? It seems that the Summer holidays has had a knock-on effect for EVERYONE. My husband needed his work experience to be accredited to Journeyman status and what normally takes 1-2 weeks is now taking 3-4 weeks. The times stated on the visa website is 6 weeks, but I haven't recently seen reports of that happening for anyone for a while now. We were informed (at the Canada Expo in June '08) that the Alberta "fast-track" system would get you out there within 6-8 weeks. I know how it feels when people keep asking "when are you going" and the job awaiting my OH pays much better than here, not to mention I applied for a few jobs out there for myself and they contacted me with interview date of September
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the CHC have been on overtime since I was last online. So many issued with WP's. Fingers crossed for those of you who are still waiting.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:21 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi

Ibby
Try the fax number. I know you were ahead of me before so I don't see how I got mine 1st (athough we never did get them in the post) so you really should contact the Embassy again to find out what's going on.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:24 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by send out the calgary
Has anyone considered getting their visa at the point of entry or does everyone waiting need medicals? It seems that the Summer holidays has had a knock-on effect for EVERYONE. My husband needed his work experience to be accredited to Journeyman status and what normally takes 1-2 weeks is now taking 3-4 weeks. The times stated on the visa website is 6 weeks, but I haven't recently seen reports of that happening for anyone for a while now. We were informed (at the Canada Expo in June '08) that the Alberta "fast-track" system would get you out there within 6-8 weeks. I know how it feels when people keep asking "when are you going" and the job awaiting my OH pays much better than here, not to mention I applied for a few jobs out there for myself and they contacted me with interview date of September
I didn't think that everyone who didn't need a medical could apply at POE - I thought there a list of jobs that qualified for that is listed on the website.

I needed a medical anyway so that was never an option.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wooooohooooo! Got it Friday 15th!
Just gotta book the flights and get over there now
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Well done Lloydies!!!

How long was that you had to wait after your medicals???

When are you hoping to be over there.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Well done Lloydies!!!

How long was that you had to wait after your medicals???

When are you hoping to be over there.
Thanks. We're flying out 29th. Didn't need medicals or should I rephrase that, and say that they didn't ask for them. Did have to provide the police certs though! It took less than 4 weeks from them receiving the police certs, however, they'd already looked at the application on 15th July after receiving our positive LMO which was sent on 19th June - sorry it's not quite a straightforward answer as they wanted more stuff!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply,

well done again, OMG 29th isnt that far away!!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

hie Lloydies, what was your timeline like? when did you sibmitt your application?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Lloydies!! I remember you from the LMO timeline thread All the best of luck mate, hope you get to Canada safe and sound
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

this thread has been awfully quietnow, does that mean that everybody has now received their work permits except me
Those of you still waiting, lets keep the fire burning, lets keep this thread alive as it has helped lots of people to keep sane and hopeful.
ANY GOOD NEWS ANYONE????
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

cool497 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right sioux.
You are not alone i am in the same boat(WP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.