British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   TWP anyone had any good news? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/twp-anyone-had-any-good-news-546804/)

plw Jul 4th 2008 9:44 am

TWP anyone had any good news?

Looking through various threads and there seems to be a lack of good news on the TWP front.

Has anyone had any good news or any news in the last 2 weeks or so.

I need something, anything to keep me going.

:(:(

G77 Jul 4th 2008 10:06 am

Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

No mate, postie just been today, still nothing :thumbdown:

plw Jul 4th 2008 10:13 am

Is it just me been negative or has ANYONE had any good news recently???

I'm banging my head against a wall as we speak!!!!!!!!

Isn't doing me any good I know, but it numbs the feeling!!!!!

:thumbdown:

G77 Jul 4th 2008 10:19 am

Not seen anyone on here saying they've received one for weeks now - destinationnovascotia said that her consultant received some last week though....

6 weeks is up for me next week, so they'll be getting an email to see what's happening....

plw Jul 4th 2008 10:23 am

Emails from CIC are a bit brief and not much use, I'm afraid.

I sent one after the 6 weeks and got a reply ' sent for more documents'.
You know the one, gave you nightmares and all.

Then when I got letter it was a list with a couple of points highlighted.

I emailed ' could you confirm you only require the following info'.

They replied ' refer to our request'.

Total B@$t@rd$ !!!

G77 Jul 4th 2008 10:41 am

I'd at least like to know they're doing something with it..... or even received it... like someone posting on here that they've managed to "lose" their SW application, despite it being delivered with recorded delivery!

destinationnovascotia Jul 4th 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 6533568)
destinationnovascotia said that her consultant received some last week though....

Except having thought that it had been processed we are now told that it has "gone for final decision" and "please don't contact us again...you will get it when you get it"...or words to that effect.:curse:

Coming up to the 6 moth mark now....what happened to 6 weeks lord knows.

G77 Jul 4th 2008 11:10 am

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 6533723)

That's verging on the ridiculous, you could have nearly had a SW with Arranged Employment completed by now!

When your consultant said that they got Wed's TWP's on Friday - does that imply that they ONLY process TWP's on Wednesdays?

destinationnovascotia Jul 4th 2008 11:11 am

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 6533741)
That's verging on the ridiculous, you could have nearly had a SW with Arranged Employment completed by now!

When your consultant said that they got Wed's TWP's on Friday - does that imply that they ONLY process TWP's on Wednesdays?

No. They just happened to receive some with that date as the processing date so they expected mine the next day. When it hadn't arrived a few days later they emailed again and got a snotty reply.

ibbye13 Jul 4th 2008 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 6533723)
Except having thought that it had been processed we are now told that it has "gone for final decision" and "please don't contact us again...you will get it when you get it"...or words to that effect.:curse:

hi

Did I understand that you are still waiting for your TWP after applying for it for the last 6 months? When did you have your medicals then? You mean since the medical you have not still got your TWP?

It does not sound good for all of us here then.

destinationnovascotia Jul 4th 2008 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by ibbye13 (Post 6534168)
hi

Did I understand that you are still waiting for your TWP after applying for it for the last 6 months? When did you have your medicals then? You mean since the medical you have not still got your TWP?

It does not sound good for all of us here then.

You understand correctly. I applied in January, didn't get sent for meds until May. Had medical 22nd May...still waiting.

CHC have said basically that they are processing it and it will be done when it's done so don't email us again.

On the bright side (for you anyway) I know people who have applied after me and had theirs already.

I think that my case officer is just someone on work experience.

destinationnovascotia Jul 4th 2008 1:21 pm

I think that my 6 month WP story has been well told on BE this wee so I am going to shut up about it (for a while at least).

I have some good news. I have a viewer for my house on Sunday.

AmyDavid Jul 4th 2008 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 6534205)

I have some good news. I have a viewer for my house on Sunday.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

destinationnovascotia Jul 4th 2008 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 6534211)
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

Many, Many thanks

Rixy Jul 4th 2008 3:15 pm

TWP are coming through as I've just got my Open Work Permit, there just taking the amount of time as posted on CIC unless you apply at POE