Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 18th 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Well we're still waiting 9 weeks after our medicals. The DMP had told us it would be 6 weeks until we heard as we were considered high priority as we are already in Canada! There really is no logic to the way they do these things...
Next week will be week 10, maybe we'll hear!
Sorry to hear your are still waiting too, hopefully it will come through without any further problems . Do you have any idea what the average time appears to be when you are there and medical completed? Does it just take slightly longer to get PR when you are already there do you think? I really hope you hear within the next couple of weeks - would be great end to the summer .
Old Aug 18th 2012, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, Thanks for the replies. We only had a week off to relax and hope we may have a celebration in order that week We are back to work next Monday and both of our companies know we are (hopefully) leaving and immigrating to Canada. Will be quite a let down if we are not. We only had 1 week off work so we were sure to leave at least a week for Christmas (should we still be here then) and so we do not owe any holidays when we finally give our notice to our employers.
Just think this time last year we were getting excited about our exploratory visit to Canada!! We had not even had our E.V. interview or our invite to apply Time has gone so quickly
Sorry for getting it wrong, its a shame it was just a week. I know what you mean about wanting to make sure you still have holiday time from work, I have had to make sure also, however I would imagine I will be a bit over as I have booked a few days in October and then again in November but hopefully I will know by then. Im sure you will get through just fine and no more thinking about being let down...tooo negative, think positive although I really do know what you mean, its a very scary thought.

Its funny you should mention last year, I was just thinking about it the other day and we were the same - getting ready to go on exploratory visit and wondering what on earth I was doing . Then arriving and following a car out of the car park to make sure I was on the correct side of the road and deciding I wasnt turning left or right for a few miles , then our luggage not coming for 2 days - pretty much put the nail in the coffin as far as my daughter was concerned , however...it all turned around and there the rest of this journey began. I had really hoped for Sept but hey ho, as long as we get it a couple of months wont really matter in the grand scheme of things .
Old Aug 18th 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
a couple of months wont really matter in the grand scheme of things .
That's the way we are trying to look at it!

We have decided to put our house on the market.

If we do not get visas, we will look at moving into Edinburgh (to be closer to the ice arena - junior hockey season has just started here) ha ha!! We cannot stay here as we cannot get work. Either way we sell; this makes us feel like we are doing something. If the house does sell and we have visas, then this delay will make no difference to the actual time we move over.

We feel we can't wait another 3 months to put the house on the market - the estate agent says demand is Sept/Oct, and then in spring/early summer. Especially as we have heard on another post that someone who couldn't produce the sputum had to wait 6 months for another xray.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you are already in Canada and they are busy with student visas, officer postings in and out, and staff holidays, then you are not a priority.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
That's the way we are trying to look at it!

We have decided to put our house on the market.

If we do not get visas, we will look at moving into Edinburgh (to be closer to the ice arena - junior hockey season has just started here) ha ha!! We cannot stay here as we cannot get work. Either way we sell; this makes us feel like we are doing something. If the house does sell and we have visas, then this delay will make no difference to the actual time we move over.

We feel we can't wait another 3 months to put the house on the market - the estate agent says demand is Sept/Oct, and then in spring/early summer. Especially as we have heard on another post that someone who couldn't produce the sputum had to wait 6 months for another xray.
Sounds like a really good plan to be honest as you will have your house well cleared out and all of the stuff you dont want will be gone and anything you want probably packed really well. I dont know much about Scotland but have been to a few places there and Edinburgh is really nice to visit (I know, nothing like living there ). Hopefully you will be sold, packed, have pr and ready to jump on a plane all at the same time . Good luck
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are already in Canada and they are busy with student visas, officer postings in and out, and staff holidays, then you are not a priority.
Hi, Jim, I think there are a few people here who are already in Canada so thats good to know.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a really good plan to be honest as you will have your house well cleared out and all of the stuff you dont want will be gone and anything you want probably packed really well. I dont know much about Scotland but have been to a few places there and Edinburgh is really nice to visit (I know, nothing like living there ). Hopefully you will be sold, packed, have pr and ready to jump on a plane all at the same time . Good luck
That's the idea, although our plans have so far not gone at all as they should, so this may fall flat too! Still, it won't sell if it isn't on the market...

Edinburgh is a lovely city (with its fair share of dodgy bits like any other city). But we can't afford to live where we would want to, which is why it is a second choice to where we are hoping for in Canada.

We live in a rural area in the Borders - beautiful, but little work and the commute to Edinburgh is a nightmare. Also no childcare here, and it's very stressful living day to day, relying on goodwill of neighbours.

I always feel better with a Plan B (actually, I think it's Plan C).

Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
That's not good news. Shows what the doctor knows then!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am surprised there is no Galaxy chocolate on that list or smoked back bacon and english cheddar? Every time we ask a friend in Manitoba what they would like us to bring over, Galaxy chocolate is the first thing they want, then back bacon
We can get Galaxy Choc in Bulk barn here and I got used to Canadian bacon. We buy our cheese in America and the New York Cheddar is not too bad. We can actually buy Heinz salad cream in Loblaws but it is sooooo expensive. No I just really miss my piccallily and a decent curry and proper fish and chips with mushy peas.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:50 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Sorry for getting it wrong, its a shame it was just a week. I know what you mean about wanting to make sure you still have holiday time from work, I have had to make sure also, however I would imagine I will be a bit over as I have booked a few days in October and then again in November but hopefully I will know by then. Im sure you will get through just fine and no more thinking about being let down...tooo negative, think positive although I really do know what you mean, its a very scary thought.

Its funny you should mention last year, I was just thinking about it the other day and we were the same - getting ready to go on exploratory visit and wondering what on earth I was doing . Then arriving and following a car out of the car park to make sure I was on the correct side of the road and deciding I wasnt turning left or right for a few miles , then our luggage not coming for 2 days - pretty much put the nail in the coffin as far as my daughter was concerned , however...it all turned around and there the rest of this journey began. I had really hoped for Sept but hey ho, as long as we get it a couple of months wont really matter in the grand scheme of things .
Hi Violets (Leslie), We finally had a reply today from CIC London, we sent an email about a week ago Nothing claiming we have PR yet but it looks like they have everything that we sent them and they are looking at our file

Email from CSU today >

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (RXJ)
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Violets (Leslie), We finally had a reply today from CIC London, we sent an email about a week ago Nothing claiming we have PR yet but it looks like they have everything that we sent them and they are looking at our file

Email from CSU today >

Dear Madam / Sir,

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Wow, thats really amazing news . Its brilliant, you must feel really pleased that they have been in contact and that they have everything they need yeah!!! I hope that they complete it soon and send you COPR .

Its actually brilliant to know that there are real people at CIC, was beginning to think there was a virtual world that was totally non contactable and untouchable . Hopefully its pushed it on a little too (sorry didnt see this earlier, just in from work )
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Email from CSU today >

Dear Madam / Sir,

Yours sincerely,

Wow, thats really amazing news . Its brilliant, you must feel really pleased that they have been in contact and that they have everything they need yeah!!! I hope that they complete it soon and send you COPR .

Its actually brilliant to know that there are real people at CIC, was beginning to think there was a virtual world that was totally non contactable and untouchable . Hopefully its pushed it on a little too (sorry didnt see this earlier, just in from work )
Don't want to burst anybodies bubble but we got one of those about 3 weeks ago.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 6:55 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Don't want to burst anybodies bubble but we got one of those about 3 weeks ago.
I'm not sure what you mean We wanted to know if they had our paperwork and draft etc. Hence the email. Now where happy.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I think she just means it's a standard reply. We had one too, to an enquiry - exactly the same. The wording appears to be just copied and pasted into replies.

They have a series of "stock" responses, depending on the query.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not sure what you mean We wanted to know if they had our paperwork and draft etc. Hence the email. Now where happy.
Originally Posted by Kaye5
I think she just means it's a standard reply. We had one too, to an enquiry - exactly the same. The wording appears to be just copied and pasted into replies.

They have a series of "stock" responses, depending on the query.
Yes that's right. But the very good news is that we have received our passport request this morning! So we're nearly at the finish line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.