Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Canadiandouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Sorry to hear you are another one having to go through this. Hope your husband's tests turn out fine.

Thanks for the sputum producing tips! I will pass them on. I just hope he can come up with the goods.

What do they expect from the repeat x-ray? If there is a scar, presumably it will be on the repeat also?
Yep, that's exactly what the doctor said, the scar will be there, same way... I guess they want to make sure that it is not some disease that is spreading. The smear gave negative for the 3 samples, the culture takes this looooooong 8 weeks!
Good luck !
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dammy
Woow. Big congrat.

Will soon get there like you
Cheers and hope you get word soon
Arty & Family
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
BIG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Tony_Tiger
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Congratulations Arty!
Thanks Kaye5
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mouradb
Arty big congrats, this giving us more hope with a pinch of stress, arty when did you do the medics?

Congrats again
Hi mouradb,
we did the meds at the end of June,they were delivered to London on the 8th Of July.We got our passport requests just under two weeks later,so quite fast.
Cheers
Arty & Family
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Congratulations I hope we hear something positive soon too! I bet your over the moon
Hi vettemaster,
fingers crossed you dont have long to wait
As you know it is a long slog,but yes we are really chuffed

Arty & Family
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Violets are blue,
grey hair well and truly gone ,thinning bits completly rejuvinated
blood pressure ,well we wont talk about that
Lets hope they keep up this pace and you guys will hear sooner rather than later
It still hasn't really sunk in ,now we need to plan our flagpoling for either October 2012 or Easter.

Cheers again
Arty & Family
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:45 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi vettemaster,
fingers crossed you dont have long to wait
As you know it is a long slog,but yes we are really chuffed

Arty & Family
Hi Arty, thanks for the support Our medicals got to the Visa office on the 11th on July, so not long after yours. We did not send RPRF until 17th July though and the last time I checked Monday 13th August, they had still not cashed the draft.

Hopefully we will hear some thing soon Very happy you got yours. It must be a great feeling

Our timeline is in the spoiler below

When is the big move planned?
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Arty
Hello Violets are blue,
grey hair well and truly gone ,thinning bits completly rejuvinated
blood pressure ,well we wont talk about that
Lets hope they keep up this pace and you guys will hear sooner rather than later
It still hasn't really sunk in ,now we need to plan our flagpoling for either October 2012 or Easter.

Cheers again
Arty & Family

I can imagine that its pretty shocking when it arrives after all of the time, effort, loss of sleep and mind it takes to get there , however looking forward to looking 10 years younger when its over .

Good luck with flagpoling, I hope ours gets finished soon too thanks. I have even tried running around the flag poles at work to see if I end up in Canada - no luck yet (must try harder)
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Arty, thanks for the support Our medicals got to the Visa office on the 11th on July, so not long after yours. We did not send RPRF until 17th July though and the last time I checked Monday 13th August, they had still not cashed the draft.

Hopefully we will hear some thing soon Very happy you got yours. It must be a great feeling

Our timeline is in the spoiler below

When is the big move planned?
Hi Vettemaster, Im really sorry you have not heard yet, I really hope its soon because it can feel a bit worrying at this stage. I have everything crossed for you
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:22 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Vettemaster, Im really sorry you have not heard yet, I really hope its soon because it can feel a bit worrying at this stage. I have everything crossed for you
We seem to be delayed like you were It is just over 5 weeks. I think if i remember right you did not hear anything until about 6 weeks? It seems to vary.
It could be anything thats delaying us though, Holidays, olympics, lost in post. Hopefully not the latter Its nice to to know more about our final outcome than anything.

We are in no rush but just knowing the final result means at least we can plan for the future. Who knows though, we could get the same as you and a few others and be delayed even more.

Mind you, the last 5 weeks have gone really quick for us.

Last edited by vettemaster; Aug 18th 2012 at 10:26 am.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

We seem to be delayed like you were It is just over 5 weeks. I think if i remember right you did not hear anything until about 6 weeks? It seems to vary.
It could be anything thats delaying us though, Holidays, olympics, lost in post. Hopefully not the latter Its nice to to know more about our final outcome than anything.

We are in no rush but just knowing the final result means at least we can plan for the future. Who knows though, we could get the same as you and a few others and be delayed even more.

Mind you, the last 5 weeks have gone really quick for us.
I hope its not a delay like mine or for further tests of any kind and just due to high demand or something. I know what you mean about wanting to know the final result - that the big one isnt it because all of this stuff in the middle seems to be just like steps but its this last one piece of information that we all want to know really .

The request for further meds came 7 and a half weeks after completing mine but after 6 weeks I was either fit to run a marathon to try and forget about it or eat chocolate by the bucket loads - I choose the chocolate of course.

But like you said the time has gone really quickly and I can take my x-ray in a week and a half , then the waiting will really be difficult because I will be really nervous about the result even though Im sure it will be fine. I can also phone the DMP early Sept to see if the results of the tests have arrived so thats good.

Still hoping yours will arrive before you get back to work, I think you said you were taking two weeks - sorry if its not correct
Old Aug 18th 2012, 11:18 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I hope its not a delay like mine or for further tests of any kind and just due to high demand or something. I know what you mean about wanting to know the final result - that the big one isnt it because all of this stuff in the middle seems to be just like steps but its this last one piece of information that we all want to know really .

The request for further meds came 7 and a half weeks after completing mine but after 6 weeks I was either fit to run a marathon to try and forget about it or eat chocolate by the bucket loads - I choose the chocolate of course.

But like you said the time has gone really quickly and I can take my x-ray in a week and a half , then the waiting will really be difficult because I will be really nervous about the result even though Im sure it will be fine. I can also phone the DMP early Sept to see if the results of the tests have arrived so thats good.

Still hoping yours will arrive before you get back to work, I think you said you were taking two weeks - sorry if its not correct
Hi Violets, Thanks for the replies. We only had a week off to relax and hope we may have a celebration in order that week We are back to work next Monday and both of our companies know we are (hopefully) leaving and immigrating to Canada. Will be quite a let down if we are not. We only had 1 week off work so we were sure to leave at least a week for Christmas (should we still be here then) and so we do not owe any holidays when we finally give our notice to our employers.
Just think this time last year we were getting excited about our exploratory visit to Canada!! We had not even had our E.V. interview or our invite to apply Time has gone so quickly
Old Aug 18th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Well we're still waiting 9 weeks after our medicals. The DMP had told us it would be 6 weeks until we heard as we were considered high priority as we are already in Canada! There really is no logic to the way they do these things...
Next week will be week 10, maybe we'll hear!
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:18 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Well we're still waiting 9 weeks after our medicals. The DMP had told us it would be 6 weeks until we heard as we were considered high priority as we are already in Canada! There really is no logic to the way they do these things...
Next week will be week 10, maybe we'll hear!
Seems a shame we are waiting so long. There are probably others that are not registered on British Expats waiting too
We hope you hear something soon too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.