Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Oct 12th 2012, 5:09 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Ohh well, whats another year!! (Im sure that was a Eurovision song some years back ), at least I have reply to the e-mail I sent so cant complain really. Next waiting session.....

Any news yet Vettemaster? for you
Hi Violets, No News Tried to call the Visa office between 8:30am and 10:30 am like it states on there answer service, but just got the same old answering service.

We would just like a progress report or update to see where were at.
I don't think thats too much to ask is it??
Old Oct 12th 2012, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, No News Tried to call the Visa office between 8:30am and 10:30 am like it states on there answer service, but just got the same old answering service.

We would just like a progress report or update to see where were at.
I don't think thats too much to ask is it??
I hope it works for you Vettemaster, I didnt even know you could phone them, I really dont know at this stage what the best thing to do is because they must surely be near the end of your medical review at this stage.

Would a report not just tell you that it is at the medical review stage and nothing more? I have no idea about any of this but Im sure someone on here would know the best way forward do you think?

Good luck and hopefully there will be something soon
Old Oct 12th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Just thought I'd tell you you aren't alone. We send off our additional medical info (blood pressure test) and it was signed for on the 3rd August. We are still waiting, so don't peak to soon if you are stalking your postman. Mine already thinks I fancy him and, quite simply, you couldn't drink enough
Old Oct 12th 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maplease
Just thought I'd tell you you aren't alone. We send off our additional medical info (blood pressure test) and it was signed for on the 3rd August. We are still waiting, so don't peak to soon if you are stalking your postman. Mine already thinks I fancy him and, quite simply, you couldn't drink enough

Lordy, I hope that doesn't happen to me. Where I live, rumour'll be all round the village in 5 seconds flat - "I hear you fancy Jim?"

Seriously, two months is a long time... if they do the background checks after medicals, then the only thing that has been suggested elsewhere is that these take much longer if you have lived in several countries. Does that apply to anyone here waiting after meds?

We've only lived in the UK, and OH in Germany, so we'll see how long it takes for us to hear.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5

Lordy, I hope that doesn't happen to me. Where I live, rumour'll be all round the village in 5 seconds flat - "I hear you fancy Jim?"

Seriously, two months is a long time... if they do the background checks after medicals, then the only thing that has been suggested elsewhere is that these take much longer if you have lived in several countries. Does that apply to anyone here waiting after meds?

We've only lived in the UK, and OH in Germany, so we'll see how long it takes for us to hear.
We haven't lived anywhere else so can't understand the delay. I'm a teacher and the other half works for the police, so the checks should be a formality (unless there's something he isn't telling me). Strangely enough, the postman has only delivered to us once this week. Maybe he is holding the letter back as he thinks he's in with a chance. Mind you, my other half dives to the front door as well, so gawd knows what the poor bloke is thinking
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

We haven't lived anywhere else so can't understand the delay. I'm a teacher and the other half works for the police, so the checks should be a formality (unless there's something he isn't telling me). Strangely enough, the postman has only delivered to us once this week. Maybe he is holding the letter back as he thinks he's in with a chance. Mind you, my other half dives to the front door as well, so gawd knows what the poor bloke is thinking
OK, that's blown that theory.

Well, looks like we won't get anything until 2013 :-( (hopefully, you will). Our police certs expire in January, so probably will then need to renew them and more waiting....
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

OK, that's blown that theory.

Well, looks like we won't get anything until 2013 :-( (hopefully, you will). Our police certs expire in January, so probably will then need to renew them and more waiting....
I have just sent them an e-mail to see if they will confirm that they have received the information. Will let you know if I get a response. All I can suggest is eating decent cheese and drinking cheap wine as a way of compensation until we get a response.

Fingers crossed to all that we hear something soon
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

All I can suggest is eating decent cheese and drinking cheap wine as a way of compensation until we get a response.
And that is exactly where I am heading now....

I was looking for a "wine" smilie, but thought you might like this instead for your postman:

Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

And that is exactly where I am heading now....

I was looking for a "wine" smilie, but thought you might like this instead for your postman:

Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:39 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program

Hi all,

Hope your weekend is off to a good start. Has anyone heard that they have stopped processing MPNP family stream applications for 2012? We uploaded ours on 1st June 2012, so 4 months already. I have been looking at an excel spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eFRVd0E#gid=0 The last LOA granted was for an application submitted on the 21st April 2012, so this makes me think that they have reached their quota for the year. I did email the MPNP and ask them if this was the case but they denied it. Is there anyone out there in the know? All comments welcome.

Regards

Andrew
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

There is only an overall quota for all mpnp streams and I know that nominations are still done as of a few weeks ago and do think I would haveheard if quota would be filled. Family stream does seem always bit slower as more things to verify, so will take time.
Also, even strategic stream is now 6 month plus

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi all,

Hope your weekend is off to a good start. Has anyone heard that they have stopped processing MPNP family stream applications for 2012? We uploaded ours on 1st June 2012, so 4 months already. I have been looking at an excel spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eFRVd0E#gid=0 The last LOA granted was for an application submitted on the 21st April 2012, so this makes me think that they have reached their quota for the year. I did email the MPNP and ask them if this was the case but they denied it. Is there anyone out there in the know? All comments welcome.

Regards

Andrew
Old Oct 13th 2012, 5:11 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manitobain
There is only an overall quota for all mpnp streams and I know that nominations are still done as of a few weeks ago and do think I would haveheard if quota would be filled. Family stream does seem always bit slower as more things to verify, so will take time.
Also, even strategic stream is now 6 month plus
Thanks Manitobain, if its an overall quota for MPNP, I did notice that they have stopped accepting exploratory visits for the Strategic Initiative for 2012 its states "At capacity" my understanding is that you must have an invitation after an exploratory visit to apply to this stream? So if they have stopped processing for this stream, then from what you are saying ref overall quota for MPNP, they might have stopped processing for all streams until new quota starts? However with all your experience i will go with your assessment. It just seems strange looking at the spread sheet, that LOA for family stream applications has slowed right down. Thanks again for your insight, much appreciated. Any other insight that you have would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Lyburn
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Heard that NS PNP nominations are at quota for this year. They will tell applicants they will be issuing (or not) but they won't receive the nomination till the New Year.

Wouldn't Manitoba tell you this, if their quota was also full for the year?
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Thanks Manitobain, if its an overall quota for MPNP, I did notice that they have stopped accepting exploratory visits for the Strategic Initiative for 2012 its states "At capacity" my understanding is that you must have an invitation after an exploratory visit to apply to this stream? So if they have stopped processing for this stream, then from what you are saying ref overall quota for MPNP, they might have stopped processing for all streams until new quota starts? However with all your experience i will go with your assessment. It just seems strange looking at the spread sheet, that LOA for family stream applications has slowed right down. Thanks again for your insight, much appreciated. Any other insight that you have would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Lyburn
Hi Andrew,
yes, they stopped intake of request for exploratory visits...but by "capacity" they mean they have no more space/time for interviews (short on staff as well), so I think the idea is rather to spend the manpower on working through the applications that are already in (hope I am not too optimistic here). Everything has slowed down ..it is not only the family stream, again a matter of not enough ppl/budget to go through the piles of applications. I can assure you though that they will make sure to fill the quota by the end of December (as they ask every year the Fed. Government for a bigger allotment). So I'd say look for either December or January (mail service is very slow in December to top it all up)

Kaye: yes, MB does have the same practice...I don't know if they tell clients though...last time around the settlement workers got notice and we spread the word as good as we could, as their policy wouldn't allow for it.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:14 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I hope it works for you Vettemaster, I didnt even know you could phone them, I really dont know at this stage what the best thing to do is because they must surely be near the end of your medical review at this stage.

Would a report not just tell you that it is at the medical review stage and nothing more? I have no idea about any of this but Im sure someone on here would know the best way forward do you think?

Good luck and hopefully there will be something soon
Hi Violets I am hoping we hear something real soon as our 6 months processing is up on the 23/10/12 I think yours is up around the same time as us? Just think, when we do finally hear from London, we only have 12 months from the date of our medicals to activate our visa's should we be successful

Last edited by vettemaster; Oct 14th 2012 at 9:18 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.