Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 17th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Kaye5
You need to look closer - there's huge differences in prices (between stores and also No Frills and Atlantic Superstore - prices are different on their identical own brand label).

I bake my own oatcakes - have only found them in AS at $3.50 for one box of Nairns.

Superstore is a bit of a half way house - if I had more cash that's probably where I would go.

At the moment, I am cash poor/time rich and fortunate in that NF/GT are on the same site here - so easy to jump from one to the other in one visit. I wouldn't want to have to drive around 3 or 4 stores if I was working full time or they were miles from each other (and the gas used wiped out the savings).

Did most of our shop for a family of 5 last night - about $100 in GT/NF. Will spend maybe another $20 in Walmart over the weekend and maybe $15 in the butcher. Not much different from the UK - except for booze.... which...

There's also a brew-it-for-you wine shop (actually there's 2) here. Works out about $3.50 a bottle (but you have to brew at least 29 bottles). All we have to do is pour on the yeast, go home for 4 weeks, then come back and bottle it. They charge $50 to do the rest (which I can't be bothered to do at home). Helps if you are not a discerning wine drinker I guess, but I have friends who are more so and use this service. You could start up in Brandon and make your fortune.

Hope the bug bites are easing.

Sorry. Big drift.
No No Frill or Atlantik superstore in Brandon so mute point . Obermayers as butcher store and specialty store but don't how much British stuff they r carrying... Superstore has a good selection of " foreign things" . Best thing u can do is to know ur farmer. I know someone selling beef , pork, lamb and know where to get fresh eggs ... Let me know Andrew .. I can get u some samples
Old Aug 18th 2013, 9:15 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manitobain
No No Frill or Atlantik superstore in Brandon so mute point . Obermayers as butcher store and specialty store but don't how much British stuff they r carrying... Superstore has a good selection of " foreign things" . Best thing u can do is to know ur farmer. I know someone selling beef , pork, lamb and know where to get fresh eggs ... Let me know Andrew .. I can get u some samples
Hi,

We are lucky here in Brandon we have a Scottish butcher, so we can get Ayrshire cut bacon, scotch pies, Haggis, Irish recipe sausages & great rib roasts, plus many other brit cuts.

Who is your contact?

Have a meeting with settlement services on Wed & Thur.

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have got the JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY down in my heart
So I will stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the ONE who gave it all. Praise the Lord

PPR finally landed today to the glory of my Lord Jesus.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dammy
So I will stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the ONE who gave it all. Praise the Lord

Hi Dammy, Many congratulations again. It's indeed a great great news. Well done.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Hi Dammy, Many congratulations again. It's indeed a great great news. Well done.
Thanks my brother and all the best with your application.

Last edited by Dammy; Aug 21st 2013 at 10:36 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:37 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hey big congrats and about time, you can now get on with preparing for your new life. Look forward to seeing you in Manitoba sometime.

Good luck with the finishing touches

Regards

Andrew
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha! I can almost see you dancing round the room!

Congratulations!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Team DTC complete!

Congratulations!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hey big congrats and about time, you can now get on with preparing for your new life. Look forward to seeing you in Manitoba sometime.

Good luck with the finishing touches

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Surely we are ready for the new life in Winnipeg and looking forward to seeing you too. I want to believe settling down is smooth in Brandon with your family already established.

Thanks and hope to catch up.

Originally Posted by AVACON
Yeah, Team DTC complete!

Congratulations!!!
Hello Avacon, thanks. The members of the team got it visa in reverse order. "C", there after "T" before "D", but all the same the team is complete

How are preparings going from your end, trust you are heading to Winnipeg soon.

Cheers and look forward to catching up with you in the future.

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Ha ha! I can almost see you dancing round the room!

Congratulations!
Hey Kaye, you were right about dancing round the room. I have been earnestly waiting for it and was over joyed when I got the passport request email. Thanks and do have a great day.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:46 pm
Andrew

Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you all know that we received our COPR yesterday here in Canada. it was posted from the London VO, international signed for, so very happy. Off to Emerson border crossing tomorrow to activate our PR

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice over the last 15 months, second to none, big help.

Good luck to all those still waiting, it wont be long, hand in there.

Regards to all

Andrew & family
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you all know that we received our COPR yesterday here in Canada. it was posted from the London VO, international signed for, so very happy. Off to Emerson border crossing tomorrow to activate our PR

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice over the last 15 months, second to none, big help.

Regards to all

Andrew & family
Avoid flagpoling in the late afternoon/early evening as Emerson gets busy with same day shoppers
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:07 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Avoid flagpoling in the late afternoon/early evening as Emerson gets busy with same day shoppers
Thanks for that advice, we plan to leave early in the morning from Brandon and go straight to the border, go in and come straight back out into Canada, will tell the US border security that we intend to go shopping and re-enter?

Should we get the Admin refusal or will this cause problems for future visits?

If we do go across the border, I take it because we are going in for less than 24 hrs, there will be no duty free entitlement on our return into Canada, or is there because we are landing?

We have our ESTA, will we still need to pay 6 bucks US each (Even the kids) for the pleasure?

Many thanks for all your wisdom over the past 18 months, you have been a great help....thanks.

Best regards

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Regards to all

Andrew & family
Congrats!!

Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Regards to all

Andrew & family
Congratulations, Andrew - good luck with Landing!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that advice, we plan to leave early in the morning from Brandon and go straight to the border, go in and come straight back out into Canada, will tell the US border security that we intend to go shopping and re-enter?

Should we get the Admin refusal or will this cause problems for future visits?

If we do go across the border, I take it because we are going in for less than 24 hrs, there will be no duty free entitlement on our return into Canada, or is there because we are landing?

We have our ESTA, will we still need to pay 6 bucks US each (Even the kids) for the pleasure?

Many thanks for all your wisdom over the past 18 months, you have been a great help....thanks.

Best regards

Andrew
The admin refusal shouldn't cause entry problems at a later date as many have done it. Nearest place to shop is Grand Forks an hour south of the border and there is very little else in between. Have you considered flagpoling at Boissevain south of Brandon? Only problem I see at that port is finding a CBSA officer who knows how to do a landing Yes you still need to pay the $6 entry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.