Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Yes, you are correct. They would not issue medical requests unless the visa officer is certain that the PR application/s can be approved. You will be fine. The postman just came! Nothing from CiC, a Christmas catalogue came instead though

Link for you > Am I right in thinking once you get the medical req all is ok?
Awwhh, Christmas catalogue, love those, gets you in the spirit!! Although a nice letter from CIC would be much better!!! There's always tomorrow...
Old Aug 14th 2012, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I thought they did security and background BEFORE meds?

That sounds like the standard email, which as you say, isn't helpful, but it seems that is what everyone gets. Good try with the MP and Mr Kenney himself!!

I'm right out of ideas; sounds like you have done everything you can. Very frustrating.
We asked for a copy of our file in the beginning of the year and there you can see that meds were passed, police checks in progress and security not started yet. Local MP told us that Ottawa told him that they've just started the security and background check i.e. job info.
Our case is not difficult either. OH works, me at home, 3 kids (4,2,10mths) and little one is a Canadian citizen. All healthy and no criminal offences ever.
I don't think there is any logic with CIC lol
But one thing I do know is that I'll throw a bloody party once we've got PR.
Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:02 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
We asked for a copy of our file in the beginning of the year and there you can see that meds were passed, police checks in progress and security not started yet. Local MP told us that Ottawa told him that they've just started the security and background check i.e. job info.
Our case is not difficult either. OH works, me at home, 3 kids (4,2,10mths) and little one is a Canadian citizen. All healthy and no criminal offences ever.
I don't think there is any logic with CIC lol
But one thing I do know is that I'll throw a bloody party once we've got PR.
Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget to let us all know where the party is
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Don't forget to let us all know where the party is
Ha ha Hayward piccalilly, Heinz salad cream, raisin and biscuit yorkie bars and some choc digestives will get you an invite
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:48 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
Ha ha Hayward piccalilly, Heinz salad cream, raisin and biscuit yorkie bars and some choc digestives will get you an invite
Now I am surprised there is no Galaxy chocolate on that list or smoked back bacon and english cheddar? Every time we ask a friend in Manitoba what they would like us to bring over, Galaxy chocolate is the first thing they want, then back bacon
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
just got our COPR letter today It seems to be picking up pace I did not expect this until mid Sept.
Good luck to everyone waiting and CIC get a move on

Arty & Family
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi all,
just got our COPR letter today It seems to be picking up pace I did not expect this until mid Sept.

Arty & Family

Woow. Big congrat.

Will soon get there like you
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Arty & Family
BIG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Arty!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Violets, etc

Response from CHC to DMP (who said TB testing unnecessary) is basically do the sputum tests and 3 month x-ray or wait another 6 months and do another chest x-ray. As it said in the letter. They don't seem to have taken what she has said into account. Any repeat xray is pointless as it will just show the same scarring (so no point in waiting 6 months).

We are going ahead with the sputum tests - however difficult they may be - but are worried as of course the 3 month xray will also show the same scarring.

Hopefully the sputum tests will be negative(!) and that should be sufficient, along with the DMP's report.

Extremely worrying to say the least.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Canadiandouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Violets, etc

Response from CHC to DMP (who said TB testing unnecessary) is basically do the sputum tests and 3 month x-ray or wait another 6 months and do another chest x-ray. As it said in the letter. They don't seem to have taken what she has said into account. Any repeat xray is pointless as it will just show the same scarring (so no point in waiting 6 months).

We are going ahead with the sputum tests - however difficult they may be - but are worried as of course the 3 month xray will also show the same scarring.

Hopefully the sputum tests will be negative(!) and that should be sufficient, along with the DMP's report.

Extremely worrying to say the least.

My husband had the sputum tests done, we are waiting the results. I read it is easier to produce some sputum, if you drink plenty of liquids the day before, specially milk. Sleeping without a pillow before the test is good as well.
Best of luck to you! (everything will be ok, the pneumologist here said this small scar is probably due to an infection years ago, but anyway...we must follow what they are asking for, he?
Good luck!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:08 am
Just Joined

mouradb is on a distinguished road

Arty big congrats, this giving us more hope with a pinch of stress, arty when did you do the medics?

Congrats again
Hi all,

Arty & Family
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:33 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi all,

Arty & Family
Congratulations I hope we hear something positive soon too! I bet your over the moon
Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Arty & Family
Wow Arty and family!!! Huge congratulations on that, its brilliant news and Im really happy for you , I bet youre delighted.

Now perhaps the grey hair will disappear and the thinning bits grow again and the blood pressure has probably dropped about 20points . Congratulations
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Canadiandouble
My husband had the sputum tests done, we are waiting the results. I read it is easier to produce some sputum, if you drink plenty of liquids the day before, specially milk. Sleeping without a pillow before the test is good as well.
Best of luck to you! (everything will be ok, the pneumologist here said this small scar is probably due to an infection years ago, but anyway...we must follow what they are asking for, he?
Good luck!
Sorry to hear you are another one having to go through this. Hope your husband's tests turn out fine.

Thanks for the sputum producing tips! I will pass them on. I just hope he can come up with the goods.

What do they expect from the repeat x-ray? If there is a scar, presumably it will be on the repeat also?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.