Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

best of luck with your application windswept.

took me a while to post here too and I wouldnt normally post on forums but trust me after a few months of waiting for news from CIC you'll be here everyday watching the news from everyone else and publically estimating, reestimating, and finger in the air guessing your timeline based off the others! its great fun.. well, no its not really fun but , it is great to have a community here that are going through the same process and they are a very helpful and knowledgable bunch too.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just wondering, I note on all your footers different dates for receipt etc and am a little curious. We sent our spousal application to Mississauga and it was received 25th February 2011, my medicals were sent before that to London on 16th February and the fee was all paid beforehand on-line. We can't see anything yet online and we haven't received any letters to confirm receipt. I know it's still early, but any idea when we can expect to see some kind of tracking information on-line from Canada.

Thanks, Linlaz

p.s where are you entering your timelines, is that under the signature out of interest?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linlaz
I was just wondering, I note on all your footers different dates for receipt etc and am a little curious. We sent our spousal application to Mississauga and it was received 25th February 2011, my medicals were sent before that to London on 16th February and the fee was all paid beforehand on-line. We can't see anything yet online and we haven't received any letters to confirm receipt. I know it's still early, but any idea when we can expect to see some kind of tracking information on-line from Canada.

Thanks, Linlaz

p.s where are you entering your timelines, is that under the signature out of interest?
The first that you will see anything online is once the application has been dealt with in Mississauga - which usually takes around 4-7 weeks. You will then get a letter which tells you of the decision.

After this, your file gets sent to london - and it is then potluck as to when (if ever) your status gets updated.

Your medical results will be matched up when your file reaches london (hopefully) - mine seem to have gone AWOL

Unfortunately I am the cynic, because my "straightforward" application has been delayed so much for no apparent reason throughout the process.

When you check your status on eCas, you need to use your IMM receipt number, sponsors dob and birth place. Even though mine is now in process in london, and I have a file number for me, the only way I can get any info on eCas is by using the sponsors details.

You can write up your signature info by clicking onto your profile page.

It is worrying waiting, but at least you know they have received your file - hopefully it won't be too long till you get an update.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:05 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Linlaz

We applied just a little before you at the beginning of Feb and have just had a decision made, just waiting for the letter. At the mo it seems to be taking just about a month to get a decision. Frustratingly nothing shows up on the site til then.

So now we go from watching the website to watching the letterbox.
Good luck with your application!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your responses, my mind is at ease for a little longer.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

WindSwept is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mdunny
best of luck with your application windswept.

took me a while to post here too and I wouldnt normally post on forums but trust me after a few months of waiting for news from CIC you'll be here everyday watching the news from everyone else and publically estimating, reestimating, and finger in the air guessing your timeline based off the others! its great fun.. well, no its not really fun but , it is great to have a community here that are going through the same process and they are a very helpful and knowledgable bunch too.
Thanks Mdunny!

It really is nice to be a part of a group who are going through the exact same process. I am now realizing patience is the key to getting through this!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:55 am
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it is 3 weeks today since London received my passport (I posted it from Canada and am getting it sent back here). Really hoping it will arrive this week. In hindsight i wish I had just flown back to the UK, done the two week turnaround and I would be finished by now.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Well it is 3 weeks today since London received my passport (I posted it from Canada and am getting it sent back here). Really hoping it will arrive this week. In hindsight i wish I had just flown back to the UK, done the two week turnaround and I would be finished by now.
Hope you get it back this week dtilley ... the hours seem to drag don't they? ... Best wishes and good luck to all those still waiting
Old Mar 14th 2011, 3:41 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough
Talking re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Just received our first letter from CIC confirming my partner has been accepted to sponsor me

And now the waiting really begins...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
The waiting is just sooo awful - just a quick automated email to say "your passport has been returned" etc would make such a difference! Hope it turns up soon!

I am feeling pretty despondant again - how long do i have to wait? it makes it so frustrating when people after you get processed really quickly yet mine sat there in London from dec 9th till 24th feb before anyone even looked at it.

I am becoming increasingly concerned about my medical information. Besides blood test results etc, there was a pile of letters between health professionals about me, which are obviously very personal - and I would like to know that they are safe.

I have not had word yet that they have managed to find them - but I really just don't want this to be delayed even longer! The fact that you can't talk to them os so frustrating - I suppose it would be open to abuse - but just a little info from them would put my mins at rest. If I need to redo my medical, I would like to get it done asap - but I need to know from them first.

I still have not had a reply to my last email - apart from the fact that they started processing my file shortly afterwards.

So, I would like to email them again, just to check on the status of my medicals, but as I did not receive a response to my last one, not sure if going through their online email is any good - or does anyone else have an email address for London?

Feeling extremely frustrated today
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Just received our first letter from CIC confirming my partner has been accepted to sponsor me

And now the waiting really begins...
Great news!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo
So, I would like to email them again, just to check on the status of my medicals, but as I did not receive a response to my last one, not sure if going through their online email is any good - or does anyone else have an email address for London?

Feeling extremely frustrated today
Caleo

Feel awful for you. Cant begin to imagine how frustrated and concerned you are.

If it was me, I would send another case specific email stressing that you are concerned that your medical information has gone missing and ask them to confirm if they have everything, as its important to know if its lost. I wouldn't ask them anything about progress, just focus on the medicals.

Fingers crossed whoever gets it will have the sense to take the time and check and respond to you.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

well nearly two months on, still waiting on digital fingerprints from RCMP.

Checking the mail everyday. this is the only part which is begging to stress me. As I have no clue when they will come and it is the only thing preventing me having my PR.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Linlaz

I am in the same boat as you. We sent our application about a week before you.
I have a problem checking eCas though. I payed for my fees online and am using the reference number i received from that but it just doesn't have any info!
I don't have a IMM 50? or whatever it is...not sure how to locate a valid number without actually calling them and chasing which i would rather avoid and slow my application down.
Anyone got any suggestions? Its not like we are far away from Miss as we are in Toronto down the road!!
We applied outland although i am now here on a visitor visa.
Nearly 2 months since we sent our application in, I have confirmation it was delivered and signed for
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canadian_Fig
I am in the same boat as you. We sent our application about a week before you.
I have a problem checking eCas though. I payed for my fees online and am using the reference number i received from that but it just doesn't have any info!
I don't have a IMM 50? or whatever it is...not sure how to locate a valid number without actually calling them and chasing which i would rather avoid and slow my application down.
Anyone got any suggestions? Its not like we are far away from Miss as we are in Toronto down the road!!
We applied outland although i am now here on a visitor visa.
Nearly 2 months since we sent our application in, I have confirmation it was delivered and signed for
you can use your receipt nbumber to check the status on Ecas - your receipt is the IMM 5... You need to use that number and the sponsors details. It will ONLY show up once they have processed it, which is currently about 35-40 days. Your form has been with them for just over a month, so you should hear something soon.....then the real waiting starts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.