Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by quietgiroth
I sent mine at the same time, and it has always said "Medicals Received" on the ECAS thingie. You have to click the "In Process" (it's a link), and the next page should say something like:

Permanent Residence

We started processing YOUR NAME application on June 3, 2010.

Medical results have been received.
Mine never mentioned Medical results until it had all been finalised. I think that bit depends on how pro-active the case officer is.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a similar timeline. We've been "In Process" since September 1. I pray we're amongst the lucky ones who don't have to wait too long. My eldest child is due to start school next September so I hope and pray we're moved and settled in a house we love well before then.

We also sent my husband's medicals when we applied. I thought that was a requirement as it was part of the application for this type of visa. In fact, when we were trying to make his medical appointment, the receptionist at the doctor's office argued with me that he needed to apply first. I read out loud to her the bit on the government website stating that for this type of visa, the medical had to be done prior to applying. She still argued with me and we had to make other arrangements for the medical.

Last edited by Allie73; Sep 20th 2010 at 5:02 am.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:01 am
Just Joined

vincemac is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm...mine doesn't mention Medicals - I don't think?! - I'm gonna have to go and have another look now...lol..I'll get back to ya

Cheers Quietgiroth
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

As smivers says, it seems to all be different. Typical government, you have to do everything to the letter and they seem to have a random way of doing things!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Allie73
I'm on a similar timeline. We've been "In Process" since September 1. I pray we're amongst the lucky ones who don't have to wait too long. My eldest child is due to start school next September so I hope and pray we're moved and settled in a house we love well before then.

We also sent my husband's medicals when we applied. I thought that was a requirement as it was part of the application for this type of visa. In fact, when we were trying to make his medical appointment, the receptionist at the doctor's office argued with me that he needed to apply first. I read out loud to her the bit on the government website stating that for this type of visa, the medical had to be done prior to applying. She still argued with me and we had to make other arrangements for the medical.
I had the same problem when trying to book my medical! Was on the phone to them for about half an hour trying to convince them that I needed it done, eventually did so after much frustration!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vincemac
Hi Guys I thought I would join this thread now as I'm in the same boat as many of you " In Process in London" I'm now three weeks in and starting to feel a bit out of the loop, I know that's not a very long time compared to some but I was wondering what will happen next will they write or email me? Also, anyone else out there on a similar timeline?

Cheers Vince
I'm 8 days behind you, so will be interesting to see how we both get on.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, our forms went to Missisauga 2 weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything yet.
Just wondering if there was an update with the processing time line.

Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
Hi, our forms went to Missisauga 2 weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything yet.
Just wondering if there was an update with the processing time line.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...sp#sponsorship
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. It's just the wait that is all. Days can seem like weeks, and you are always wondering if it is all ok etc.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Hello all,

well no sign of "Medicals Received" on my e-cas so I guess as previously mentioned not all applications are created equal! there seems to be differences in the procedural feedback from case to case....all adds to the tension and paranoia I guess....

Thinking ahead - all going well - once we received PR is there a time limit on when we need to travel by....or is anyone aware of a recommended sequence of events that we should follow?

vince
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thinking ahead - all going well - once we received PR is there a time limit on when we need to travel by....or is anyone aware of a recommended sequence of events that we should follow?

vince
You have to land within a year of the medical, or before the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner.

In my case, my flight is booked for the day after I pick up my passport... 10 days to go!

Andy
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:45 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Allie73

We've both have the same timeline...'In Process' as of 1st September. Checked this morning and nothing. My hubby also did his medicals before the application was posted to CIC-M, no problems there either...

Good Luck

Anita
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smivers
You have to land within a year of the medical, or before the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner.
Andy
My wife is my sponsor - and we have considered that I would head out myself as an advance guard to look for work get an apartment and get settled etc. My wife is a university lecturer and gets 3 months paid holiday a year (lucky I know) which she spends in Canada anyway....so, if we decided that she should hang onto her job until we get set up - how long would she have before she was forced to leave her job and commit to Canada - or does she in fact have too?

vince
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

My wife is my sponsor - and we have considered that I would head out myself as an advance guard to look for work get an apartment and get settled etc. My wife is a university lecturer and gets 3 months paid holiday a year (lucky I know) which she spends in Canada anyway....so, if we decided that she should hang onto her job until we get set up - how long would she have before she was forced to leave her job and commit to Canada - or does she in fact have too?

vince
Surely you had to include something relating to your intention to return to Canada as part of the application?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Yes we did, but we are tinkering with different scenarios and wondering what are options where i.e. my wife would like to, in an ideal world, leave her job at the end of the university year which would be May/June 2011 - so that would mean 7/8 months from now...or could she hang onto the following xmas or summer?

vince

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.