Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Congratulations!! It's a great feeling, isn't it!
Thanks Cowgirl!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Josephliam is on a distinguished road

Hey guys

My first post to the thread and just thought i add my timeline for other's reference

APP sent to Mississauga on the Dec 6th
Received by CIC Dec 7th
Sponsor approved on the 10th of Jan
Meds and PR App in london Feb 1st
the waiting game as of now

Cheers and good luck to all those waiting hopefully someone had ECAS updated today.

Last edited by Josephliam; Mar 22nd 2011 at 4:56 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:09 am
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just thought I would update you on my landing. I actually ended up doing my landing at Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. We parked the car up and walked over the Bridge. I stopped in the Canadian Border booth but they told me I had to go to the American side first. I did this and the American border people were really good. They gave me an admission rejection letter and then sent me back to the Canadian side. All in all it took about 20 minutes to do the admin at both sides.

Now I did ask the American's if the rejection letter would be an issue with me coming into the states at a later date. They said it was not a formal denial of entry, and if I ever get asked if I have been denied entry to the USA I should answer no. It is purely an administration letter, and they actually said the rejection letter was more for the Canadians than them, and I would have no issues entering the states at a later date.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi all,

Just thought I would update you on my landing. I actually ended up doing my landing at Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. We parked the car up and walked over the Bridge. I stopped in the Canadian Border booth but they told me I had to go to the American side first. I did this and the American border people were really good. They gave me an admission rejection letter and then sent me back to the Canadian side. All in all it took about 20 minutes to do the admin at both sides.

Now I did ask the American's if the rejection letter would be an issue with me coming into the states at a later date. They said it was not a formal denial of entry, and if I ever get asked if I have been denied entry to the USA I should answer no. It is purely an administration letter, and they actually said the rejection letter was more for the Canadians than them, and I would have no issues entering the states at a later date.

I hope this helps.
Congratulations!!! Glad it all went well! Although I can't believe you have landed and i still haven't had my PPR - nor a response to my case specific email re my medicals :curse:
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

stephys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
Congratulations!!! Glad it all went well! Although I can't believe you have landed and i still haven't had my PPR - nor a response to my case specific email re my medicals :curse:
I hear ya Caleo! We haven't heard anything yet either and we paid the RPR a month ago! CPC Mississauga processed it two weeks ago and still nothing relating to a PPR. Not even a change on e-cas. Sorry you haven't heard anything regarding your email on medicals. We have found that they are selective on which emails they respond to. We canceled our use of representation and when we emailed to have them confirm that they received it they never replied and are still communicated to the representative. So I dont think they respond to all emails. Hang in there. I know how you feel! Its torture! and the long distance is very tolling.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephys
I hear ya Caleo! We haven't heard anything yet either and we paid the RPR a month ago! CPC Mississauga processed it two weeks ago and still nothing relating to a PPR. Not even a change on e-cas. Sorry you haven't heard anything regarding your email on medicals. We have found that they are selective on which emails they respond to. We canceled our use of representation and when we emailed to have them confirm that they received it they never replied and are still communicated to the representative. So I dont think they respond to all emails. Hang in there. I know how you feel! Its torture! and the long distance is very tolling.
We received our letter of receipt from Mississauga which was dated 10th march and said that they had confirmed the payment with the london visa office.

I am sooo frustrated about my medicals - it was not just simple info - but lots of confidential letters between consultants etc regarding a previous illness (nothing that would affect my application, but the DMP seemed to focus on it for some reason!) and i would just like to know that the letters are in safe hands. I can't see how they would think missing medical information is not serious?

Aah well, no point grumbling - just have to take it, don't we? I was hoping for a landing trip in may - but not really looking likely now

At least we are not separated like you are though! Been there, and would hate to do it again!

Fingers crossed we get to put our PPR post up soon!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road

I'll post what my status or what has happened so far for me.

DEC - Sent applications in Believe it was the 24th.
JAN - Had a few minor things missing so they sent everything back to us in Jan and we re sent it the next day. Sorry i can't remember the dates exactly.
Few days later my fiance got approved to sponsor me and application has been sent to the UK.

But that is all that i've heard and i haven't heard anything since. I am feeling worried and worry something maybe wrong.I hate this waiting and not knowing whats going on.

I was going to log on to MyCIC to check the status but they've changed it to something else and i now have to sign up to something else.It's called Access Key i think. Was thinking about giving the Uk office a call and to see if i can get an update on things but not to sure if i should or not.

Really hoping it comes soon,was hoping march but doesn't look to promising for March.

I just checked the E-CAS and it says application recieved 24th Feb.

Last edited by Atlantis_Orca; Mar 24th 2011 at 2:37 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantis_Orca
I'll post what my status or what has happened so far for me.

DEC - Sent applications in Believe it was the 24th.
JAN - Had a few minor things missing so they sent everything back to us in Jan and we re sent it the next day. Sorry i can't remember the dates exactly.
Few days later my fiance got approved to sponsor me and application has been sent to the UK.

But that is all that i've heard and i haven't heard anything since. I am feeling worried and worry something maybe wrong.I hate this waiting and not knowing whats going on.

I was going to log on to MyCIC to check the status but they've changed it to something else and i now have to sign up to something else.It's called Access Key i think. Was thinking about giving the Uk office a call and to see if i can get an update on things but not to sure if i should or not.

Really hoping it comes soon,was hoping march but doesn't look to promising for March.

I just checked the E-CAS and it says application recieved 24th Feb.
Early days yet really. Some get processed very quickly, and some very slowly. Mine was received in december and only started processing on 24th feb.

No way to check up, or call, just have to be patient I am afraid!

Hope you hear soon - it is all the not knowing what's happening that is the worst part!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's excatly it, the waiting and not knowing. Driving me insane along with your self and many others i bet. lol

Thank you,i hope you hear something soon also wish you good luck.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Helen_Johns is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.

Thought I'd post in here to show my timeline as it's been very useful for me to be able to view other people's for reference. It's in my signature below.

Helen
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen_Johns
Hello all.

Thought I'd post in here to show my timeline as it's been very useful for me to be able to view other people's for reference. It's in my signature below.

Helen
Helen,

FYI...see my signature below.

I still haven't heard anything and I'm just slightly behind you.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

So i am still waiting for my Fingerpritns results from RCMP almost two months now for what it meant to take 72 hours.

Extremely frustrating as i should of deifnatly been back to work by now.

I am starting to worry that London might close my case becasue it has been so long. how do i send a case specific email to let them know i am waiting. for my results?

does anyone know anyway I can speed this up, Have tried emailing but no good. tired calling but cant get through to anyone.

Such a pain knowing that If i had applied for RCMP police check in the beginning i would likely have my PR now.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough

Tom, email the London office with this link,

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Sounds like something has gone wrong with your fingerprints. It took 4 days for mine to come thru. I used the commissionaires.

Hope you get sorted.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TomHoney
So i am still waiting for my Fingerpritns results from RCMP almost two months now for what it meant to take 72 hours.

Extremely frustrating as i should of deifnatly been back to work by now.

I am starting to worry that London might close my case becasue it has been so long. how do i send a case specific email to let them know i am waiting. for my results?

does anyone know anyway I can speed this up, Have tried emailing but no good. tired calling but cant get through to anyone.

Such a pain knowing that If i had applied for RCMP police check in the beginning i would likely have my PR now.
I feel for you - you had a long trek to try and get them sorted out quickly! I think the worst thing is not knowing! As with my medicals which they appear to have mislaid - I don't have a clue as to what is happening or whether they have found them, just as you have no idea whether your fingerprints etc have gone astray.

Good luck with emailing them. I have been waiting 2 weeks for a case specific enquiry regarding my missing medicals.

Hope you hear some thing soon.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Helen,

FYI...see my signature below.

I still haven't heard anything and I'm just slightly behind you.

I hope this helps.
I am very close to you as well and havent heard anything either... at least knowing other people around the same time-line are also still in the dark, and not just me! sometimes when you hear about the people with who applied around the same time as you - who have good news it really throws you off, and you start to worry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.