Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:27 am
Just Joined

stephys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
Congratulations Megs_4!!! I can't wait for that feeling....guess I will have to settle for the silver medal then eh
Megs_4 thats great! congrats!!!!! I hope we hear soon. We are in a rush for the visa so are trying to figure out the quickest way to get the passprt stamped. Anyone know if dropping it off in London is faster than mail? My fiance and I have already been apart 5 months so we are keen to get this done!

No PPR yet! Paul BC I know what you mean. I am checking emails every few minutes as well. Good luck and let us know when you hear!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephys
Megs_4 thats great! congrats!!!!! I hope we hear soon. We are in a rush for the visa so are trying to figure out the quickest way to get the passprt stamped. Anyone know if dropping it off in London is faster than mail? My fiance and I have already been apart 5 months so we are keen to get this done!

No PPR yet! Paul BC I know what you mean. I am checking emails every few minutes as well. Good luck and let us know when you hear!
If you are in a rush and are close to London then I would drop it off in person and collect 2 weeks later, that's definatly what i'm doing. I've heard people get it back in 2 weeks but also in 5 weeks so i'm not going to risk it. Atleast you know when you are going to get it and it's pretty much in your hands...

Thankyou and good luck to you too! I know the feeling of being apart, it's not something I would want to do again but atleast theres a bit of light now. I will be looking for your PPR post!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

I got PPR!!!!! wooohoooo
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Always been too scared to get on this post as I never thought I might get this far! However, I finally have (!) but now have a couple of questions:- I am applying via Paris, but how do you know when the file is received there? I see people in Canada mentioning e-mails, but none from the UK, do they just let non Canadian residents know by post.

Caleo, has worried me, because we thought we were originally ready for posting back in Oct 2010, but due to considerable screw ups with the payment procedure, couldn't send till Feb 2011, however I had my medical done in October. I have looked on Ecas, but it just says Decision made/In process, but doesn't say anything about my medical, they must have got it? Should I quietly worry and haunt the post box, or worry more actively do you think?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Always been too scared to get on this post as I never thought I might get this far! However, I finally have (!) but now have a couple of questions:- I am applying via Paris, but how do you know when the file is received there? I see people in Canada mentioning e-mails, but none from the UK, do they just let non Canadian residents know by post.

Caleo, has worried me, because we thought we were originally ready for posting back in Oct 2010, but due to considerable screw ups with the payment procedure, couldn't send till Feb 2011, however I had my medical done in October. I have looked on Ecas, but it just says Decision made/In process, but doesn't say anything about my medical, they must have got it? Should I quietly worry and haunt the post box, or worry more actively do you think?
I am sure you will be fine. the decision made status now is for the sponsorship. It took ages for anything to show up about london - and then it was just "received in London on XXXX" - then eventually said about medicals rec, then disappeared.

No one has heard from london until a decision has been made or they need more information. It takes a few weeks for the forms to be sent from Mississauga to london (or paris in your case). Until they have your file and update Ecas, they won't know what to use to match up your medicals to your case file number - if that makes sense?

Now go and relax, and let me do the worrying!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
I got PPR!!!!! wooohoooo
Excellent! Congrats!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caleo
I am sure you will be fine. the decision made status now is for the sponsorship. It took ages for anything to show up about london - and then it was just "received in London on XXXX" - then eventually said about medicals rec, then disappeared.

No one has heard from london until a decision has been made or they need more information. It takes a few weeks for the forms to be sent from Mississauga to london (or paris in your case). Until they have your file and update Ecas, they won't know what to use to match up your medicals to your case file number - if that makes sense?

Now go and relax, and let me do the worrying!!!!!

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to say I got my PPR today!
Caleo - you CAN'T be far behind. you are one week behind us! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stephys
Hey Everyone, Just wanted to say I got my PPR today!
Caleo - you CAN'T be far behind. you are one week behind us! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!
Congratulations!! So glad you will soon be able to be together - trip down to london soon then?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caleo
Congratulations!! So glad you will soon be able to be together - trip down to london soon then?
Thanks! yeah we are trying to sort out timing of him quitting his job (4 weeks notice) and passport being sent in. We figure he should be here in Canada by early May. We are just happy that the long distance will soon be done (again)!

I'm really hoping you are in the next batch of approvals! you certainly deserve it! Esp with all of the trouble they have put you through!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations stephys! We were matching eachother to the day it seems...might of even had the same case handler. All the best for you Caleo, you've waited for it and now you bloody deserve it. A part of me didn't want to post but then atleast it's a sign for everyone that things are actually moving in the London office.

Good luck to everyone, the feeling is worth the wait no matter how long or stressful it is
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point

After sending off my daughters Citizenship application at the end of January 2011, it finally arrived yesterday, she's finally a Canadian, so that didn't take long at all, yipee doodles!!!!!

Now it's just the painful wait for the first response back from my husbands sponsorship application for me which was received in Mississauga 25th February 2011, haven't heard didly squat so far, guess it's still early! From reading the thread, guess that first stage could be expected any time now.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Linlaz
After sending off my daughters Citizenship application at the end of January 2011, it finally arrived yesterday, she's finally a Canadian, so that didn't take long at all, yipee doodles!!!!!

Now it's just the painful wait for the first response back from my husbands sponsorship application for me which was received in Mississauga 25th February 2011, haven't heard didly squat so far, guess it's still early! From reading the thread, guess that first stage could be expected any time now.
Wow that was quick for the citizenship proof!

As for mississauga - you should be able to see ecas on that any day now - have you checked?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:47 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linlaz

Like caleo said, you should hear something just about anytime now really. I checked the CIC website earlier (which was updated today) and they are currently processing applications recieved on 1st March, although it does also state that current processing times are 37 days.

I'm sure you'll hear something very soon.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

OK!!!! woohoo! After all the blood sweat and lots of tears - our application is sent today!!!!

*lets hope it all goes well!

Congrats to everyone on their success I hope my hubby and I will be able to update our status with good news eventually too!

thanks to everyone for the help on here !
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:38 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
OK!!!! woohoo! After all the blood sweat and lots of tears - our application is sent today!!!!

*lets hope it all goes well!

Congrats to everyone on their success I hope my hubby and I will be able to update our status with good news eventually too!

thanks to everyone for the help on here !

Yay...well done brennaBoo!

I think you, tsc and myself could potentially have very similar timelines as tsc's application arrived on Monday, mine arrived today and yours won't be far behind.

Will be keeping a keen eye on developments and look forward to your updates.

Best of luck and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.