Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

CANdid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi there,
Can I add my application to the London VO Spreadsheet? Outland application to London UK, through Mississauga received today, 24th April. Would be glad to add my info to what was a very helpful 'find' in the torment that is the application process!
Cheers
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:13 am
Just Joined

akki464 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Wicked! Yay!
Hi schnookoLoly
I need some advise as I can see you here from long time so I hope you can help me. My application was received on 12 feb.my wife got an email with uci and We can check online as well same thing is there.but still we havnt got any letter from CiC that they forward my application to London. Will they send any letter before forwarding file to London or it's just my assumption.
It's almost 73 days. What should I do now???
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akki464
Hi schnookoLoly
I need some advise as I can see you here from long time so I hope you can help me. My application was received on 12 feb.my wife got an email with uci and We can check online as well same thing is there.but still we havnt got any letter from CiC that they forward my application to London. Will they send any letter before forwarding file to London or it's just my assumption.
It's almost 73 days. What should I do now???
The letter your wife received would have been the Sponsorship Approval. You won't receive anything further until you get either a passport request, requirement to pay your Right of Permanent Residency Fee or you receive the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) which you will need to activate.

If you have a receipt (or any kind of visa previously) you can use that number to check your status (as applicant) on ECAS. You will need to put in the Country of Birth - for instance, if you were born in England then you would select 'England' and not "UK".

Present processing time for spousal applicants through London is 11 months although mostly they are going through in around 5-6 months, so you still have quite a wait to go.

HTH's.

Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The letter your wife received would have been the Sponsorship Approval. You won't receive anything further until you get either a passport request, requirement to pay your Right of Permanent Residency Fee or you receive the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) which you will need to activate.

If you have a receipt (or any kind of visa previously) you can use that number to check your status (as applicant) on ECAS. You will need to put in the Country of Birth - for instance, if you were born in England then you would select 'England' and not "UK".

Present processing time for spousal applicants through London is 11 months although mostly they are going through in around 5-6 months, so you still have quite a wait to go.

HTH's.

Thanks for reply. But is there any kind of aknowlegement letter that make sure stage 1 is done???
I already pay all fees and medical is done.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply. But is there any kind of aknowlegement letter that make sure stage 1 is done???
I already pay all fees and medical is done.
You said that your wife received a letter with her UCI number on it - presumably that was confirmation of Sponsorship Approval. I believe you said that ECAS confirmed sponsorship approval?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pply-after.asp
The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) will review your sponsorship application. If it is approved, your relative’s application for permanent residence will be forwarded to the visa office responsible for their home country or the country where they have lived for more than one year.

You, the Sponsor, will be notified in writing of the decision and of the visa office to which your relative’s application has been sent.
You won't get anything else until either Passport request or COPR is issued.

Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:54 am
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got his COPR today!!!!!!! Happy days!!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RheBot
Yay!! Congrats!!

Old Apr 25th 2014, 11:25 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Siouxie;11233425]You said that your wife received a letter with her UCI number on it - presumably that was confirmation of Sponsorship Approval. I believe you said that ECAS confirmed sponsorship approval?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pply-after.asp
The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) will review your sponsorship application. If it is approved, your relative’s application for permanent residence will be forwarded to the visa office responsible for their home country or the country where they have lived for more than one year.

You, the Sponsor, will be notified in writing of the decision and of the visa office to which your relative’s application has been sent.
Yah but the problem is we are still waiting for sponsorship approval letter. Uci that we have received through email. Cic took 29 days as they mention for approval but in some cases more days. We waiting from feb but still no response.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

willf -- did you apply as Married or Common-Law? Trying to keep that column filled in completely for 2014 apps.

Originally Posted by CANdid
Hi there,
Can I add my application to the London VO Spreadsheet? Outland application to London UK, through Mississauga received today, 24th April. Would be glad to add my info to what was a very helpful 'find' in the torment that is the application process!
Cheers
Added you in! Did you apply as Married or Common-Law?

Originally Posted by RheBot
Yay! I've jotted that down in the spreadsheet in your comments (we're actually going to track time between Decision Made and COPR in the 2014 one!). Time to plan the landing!!

Yah but the problem is we are still waiting for sponsorship approval letter. Uci that we have received through email. Cic took 29 days as they mention for approval but in some cases more days. We waiting from feb but still no response.
Ah, so the letter your wife received, was that just AOR?

When you log into ECAS, under the bit for Stage 1, does it say "Decision Made"? What does it actually say when you log in?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

CANdid is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for adding me. Married.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANdid
Thanks for adding me. Married.
Sweet, thanks. And thanks for providing your info - it's a great way to pay it forward. The more data we can get on it the better!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SchnookoLoly, I have a question for you!!! Does all my correspondence with the CIC go via my home address in London? (Because I am actually staying in Canada with my husband despite applying outland) It doesn't matter, I am just curious!! Thank you!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by nicole15
Hi SchnookoLoly, I have a question for you!!! Does all my correspondence with the CIC go via my home address in London? (Because I am actually staying in Canada with my husband despite applying outland) It doesn't matter, I am just curious!! Thank you!
If you supplied an email address on your application, then correspondence SHOULD go to that address, though that doesn't universally happen (some people have letters anyway).

You can apply outland even if you are living in Canada, and you can supply a Canadian address for an outland application. What address did you provide to CIC? The address you provided is the one they'll use if they mail you anything.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I said I was visiting Canada and so I put my husbands address for all his forms, my email address and my UK residential address on my forms because I didn't want to highlight too much that I was in Canada... Oh well hahaha!! It's not a problem really though. Wow, if they email, that's amazing!!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by nicole15
I said I was visiting Canada and so I put my husbands address for all his forms, my email address and my UK residential address on my forms because I didn't want to highlight too much that I was in Canada... Oh well hahaha!! It's not a problem really though. Wow, if they email, that's amazing!!
Your husband is the sponsor so the letter of sponsor approval will got o him (if they mail instead of email anyway).

Email CIC and let them know you have moved to Canada while you wait to be processed, and give them the new address. Once you are able to log into ECAS, make sure that the address that comes up is your Canadian one, and stay on them if it doesn't update.

Side note: Someone in my office just farted and now it smells really bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.