Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No, it's not a problem - they don't change the class of application once they start processing, so if you applied common-law all they would do is make a note on file that you had married. They wouldn't normally change it to a 'married application' as the only difference is in the level of proof required to show the relationship is genuine.

Just take a copy of your marriage certificate and tell them when you land.

Perfect, thank you kindly!!!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RheBot
Perfect, thank you kindly!!!
You are most welcome!

This post confirms it, if you need a bit of reassurance...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=14

Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thats ok as airports are usually geared up for immigration arrivals whereas land borders are hit and miss especially the smaller ones.
Thank you, good to know for sure!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oneday1
Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now, and decided that since I have some news I should join and add spreadsheet data!

Application received in Miss : 17 Mar 2014. Sponsorship letter dated: 17 Apr 2014.

We're married: Male British (Scots) Applicant and Female Canadian sponsor. Outland!

Just a few notes to others out there in early stages about the infamous ECAS: I paid my fees up front and tried to use the receipt number to log in (with the sponsor details), and it didn't work. The first time I could actually log in was after 17 Apr - when the letter was sent, using the UCI that was emailed to me.

Also a few notes about our situation: I'm (Canadian born and bred) unemployed, looking for work, living with family (so I was a *little* concerned with sponsorship approval, but BE definitely calmed my nerves regarding not needing any minimum wage to sponsor). I also lived in Scotland for 2013, so I wrote a little note saying I didn't have a T4 from 2013 to include. They didn't ask for anything else - bank account statement, etc - to proof I could support my hubs. As I've read on here, it seems like you have to be on benefits or bankrupt to be rejected as sponsor!

Thanks to everyone who's posted anything I've read - it's been very helpful and squashes a lot of my doubts!
Hello and welcome!

Thanks for providing your info - it's a great way to contribute and pay it forward. Nothing you've written seems to be raising any flags (at least IMO), so now it's just a waiting game!

We were going to head to the border today then realized the COPR says our marital status is common-law (which is how we applied) we got married and informed them of this but I don't know if it will be a problem of it says common-law on the COPR and not married. Does anyone happen to know if that's potentially a problem?! Can't call them as it's Sunday
I saw Siouxie linked you to one of my past posts, but yes, exactly the same boat for us. In fact the officer who called my husband to ask if we did get married did explain to him that they don't change the application class once they begin processing, but the change in status doesn't matter, just tell them and you're good to go. Good luck!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I have a general processing question....
Does anyone know what type of checks if any, CIC do on siblings?
One of my siblings lives in Russia and I have heard that they (Russia) are extremely slow to respond to requests from other countries.
Could this significantly delay my application?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

sambailie is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for a bit of help. My husband (British) and I currently live in Scotland and our sponsorship was approved on 12th March. We are looking at moving to Canada at the beginning of August as my grandfather is not well and we want to be settled for my son to start nursery school in September. Just wondering what we need to do/ have with us if my husband is going to be arriving as a visitor? I know this has been posted before but for some reason my phone won't let me search the posts. Many thanks!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

nicolasta - not sure on your query, probably need someone like Jim to respond on that one!

Originally Posted by sambailie
Looking for a bit of help. My husband (British) and I currently live in Scotland and our sponsorship was approved on 12th March. We are looking at moving to Canada at the beginning of August as my grandfather is not well and we want to be settled for my son to start nursery school in September. Just wondering what we need to do/ have with us if my husband is going to be arriving as a visitor? I know this has been posted before but for some reason my phone won't let me search the posts. Many thanks!
Yep, been posted a few times - basically just take evidence with you that you've applied (receipt of fee payment, screenshots of ECAS, your sponsor approval email, etc) and tell them that you're moving now but your husband would like to come just as a visitor under dual intent while you wait for the application to be approved, then reiterate you know he can't work etc, and that you'll apply for a visitor extension if the application hasn't yet been approved. It should be pretty straight forward.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Hey fellow living-in-Scotland person I've been here for about 15 years. Going to miss Scotland but can't wait to get to Canada!

We are looking at moving early August too, so our son can be settled in time for the start of the school term (he's 11 so would be starting high school if we stayed here, and we don't want him to have to start a new school here and then another one a few months later). We got sponsor approval 12th Feb, so I'm kind of hoping we will have COPR before we leave, but if not we'll be doing exactly what you've asked about and my husband will need to arrive as a visitor with dual intent.

Where in Canada are you headed?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

sambailie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Hey fellow living-in-Scotland person I've been here for about 15 years. Going to miss Scotland but can't wait to get to Canada!

We are looking at moving early August too, so our son can be settled in time for the start of the school term (he's 11 so would be starting high school if we stayed here, and we don't want him to have to start a new school here and then another one a few months later). We got sponsor approval 12th Feb, so I'm kind of hoping we will have COPR before we leave, but if not we'll be doing exactly what you've asked about and my husband will need to arrive as a visitor with dual intent.

Where in Canada are you headed?
We're headed to Toronto, my parents live just north of the city. Just a bit nervous about leaving before the paperwork comes as that wasn't the original plan.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

We're headed to Toronto, my parents live just north of the city. Just a bit nervous about leaving before the paperwork comes as that wasn't the original plan.
I didn't like that idea to start with either, but actually feel way more relaxed about it now I've seen how many people on here have done it, and how much advice there is about doing it
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:47 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ECAS check this morning and it's "decision made" ! WOOT WOOT! Now just awaiting the proverbial knock on the door from the postman.

Phew! So happy
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

OHHHHHHHH I need advice!!! Originally, I was going to apply Inland so I knew that I had to wait for the approval to go ahead and get my medical done. I decided to apply Outland via London instead because it is way faster, I thought that I would have to wait for a medical request again. Just did lots of research and realised that I am totally wrong and that I should've sent a medical at the time of sending my application!! I emailed CIC and also literally just made an appointment to have my medical done here in Winnipeg on 9th May. Is this going to ruin my application?? Has anyone else ever made this mistake????
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

It's official!

I accompanied my husband to the border yesterday, was easy peasy! Went inside while going into America, they were all incredibly nice/joking around with us, etc..
They gave us the slip they filled out for us flagpolling, re-entered into Canada, went inside (the guy was nice, but dare I say I always find the American's to be way nicer/more easy going!!) He signed his forms, and that was that, no questions asked!

So I am happy to say he is now a permanent resident! (with that said, we do have the conditional permanent residency, based on us living together for 2 years, which I am sure wont be a problem!) Just have to await the card in the mail now!

Thank you again everyone for all the help, I feel like we would have been A LOT more lost if it wasn't for this forum!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's official!

I accompanied my husband to the border yesterday, was easy peasy! Went inside while going into America, they were all incredibly nice/joking around with us, etc..
They gave us the slip they filled out for us flagpolling, re-entered into Canada, went inside (the guy was nice, but dare I say I always find the American's to be way nicer/more easy going!!) He signed his forms, and that was that, no questions asked!

So I am happy to say he is now a permanent resident! (with that said, we do have the conditional permanent residency, based on us living together for 2 years, which I am sure wont be a problem!) Just have to await the card in the mail now!

Thank you again everyone for all the help, I feel like we would have been A LOT more lost if it wasn't for this forum!
Congratulations!!

Please tell him.... "Welcome to Canada eh!"
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-welcome.jpg  
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

johnatron3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ECAS check this morning and it's "decision made" ! WOOT WOOT! Now just awaiting the proverbial knock on the door from the postman.

Phew! So happy

Congratulations, AnneMarieC! So happy for you! However, now, I am getting worried as I fear we have been forgotten about. It's a bit nerve racking to check ECAS every morning to get let down. I know it will come but I am so impatient haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.