Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
willf -- did you apply as Married or Common-Law? Trying to keep that column filled in completely for 2014 apps.

Added you in! Did you apply as Married or Common-Law?

Yay! I've jotted that down in the spreadsheet in your comments (we're actually going to track time between Decision Made and COPR in the 2014 one!). Time to plan the landing!!

Ah, so the letter your wife received, was that just AOR?

When you log into ECAS, under the bit for Stage 1, does it say "Decision Made"? What does it actually say when you log in?
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yay!! Congrats!!

Thank you!!!!! And thank you everyone for the help!!!!!! We are over the moon knowing all we need to do is "land" now!

It says on the letter we he can go to a citizen office here, as he is already here in Canada, but depending on the wait time we may be better off just crossing the border as it's really close to us!

Also - probably a silly question, but do I go with him to do this or does he do it alone? Or does it not matter either way?!

Thanks everybody!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RheBot
Thank you!!!!! And thank you everyone for the help!!!!!! We are over the moon knowing all we need to do is "land" now!

It says on the letter we he can go to a citizen office here, as he is already here in Canada, but depending on the wait time we may be better off just crossing the border as it's really close to us!

Also - probably a silly question, but do I go with him to do this or does he do it alone? Or does it not matter either way?!

Thanks everybody!
I *think* if you go to an office you have to make an appointment and sometimes that can be a few weeks out. Easiest is to just go to the border, if that's possible. You can go with him but you don't have to. When my husband landed at Pearson I was with him but he was sent off to the immigration area and I waited outside for him. Not sure how it would work at a land border. Up to you, really! I think it's nice more symbolically to go together - I took a picture of my husband as he came through the doors at Pearson and it's in our photo album of him "entering" Canada as a PR.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

I *think* if you go to an office you have to make an appointment and sometimes that can be a few weeks out. Easiest is to just go to the border, if that's possible. You can go with him but you don't have to. When my husband landed at Pearson I was with him but he was sent off to the immigration area and I waited outside for him. Not sure how it would work at a land border. Up to you, really! I think it's nice more symbolically to go together - I took a picture of my husband as he came through the doors at Pearson and it's in our photo album of him "entering" Canada as a PR.
That's what I was thinking! Our border is just as close as the immigration office so I think that's the easiest option!

Yes I think I will go with him! I just wanted to make sure it isn't frowned upon! Hopefully we can go soon, busy weekend with a friends wedding but when we go I will let you all know how it went!!! Thank you again, we appreciate all the help!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

To get a landing appointment you call the call centre and they will contact the relevant office, who will send you a letter. At least that's how it worked for me with the calgary office. We had to wait a month and a bit, but it really depends on the time if year etc.

For landing at an office it was required that I (the sponsor) was present.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I was thinking! Our border is just as close as the immigration office so I think that's the easiest option!

Yes I think I will go with him! I just wanted to make sure it isn't frowned upon! Hopefully we can go soon, busy weekend with a friends wedding but when we go I will let you all know how it went!!! Thank you again, we appreciate all the help!
Just don't go to a land border between midnight and 8am to do this as you might get deferred until 8am.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=SchnookoLoly;11233881]willf -- did you apply as Married or Common-Law? Trying to keep that column filled in completely for 2014 apps.

Applied as married, as we were when we sent the forms
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:46 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to get depressing about how many green lines are after us. ARGH!!

I'm not the patient at the best of times so this is killing me lol.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
Starting to get depressing about how many green lines are after us. ARGH!!

I'm not the patient at the best of times so this is killing me lol.
If you have gone 'in process' the likelihood is that you will receive news this month (going by others reports).

(did you mean to have 'in process April 2013' in your sig?)
Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:27 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you have gone 'in process' the likelihood is that you will receive news this month (going by others reports).

(did you mean to have 'in process April 2013' in your sig?)

Haha - no - good catch!!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. We are headed to Disneyland at 4 am. COPR did NOT arrive.

Hopefully we have no problems getting my hubby back in the country.

My son may have got food poisoning or a tummy bug. Hoping he is all better in the next 12 hours or Disneyland might not be the happiest place on earth lol

Hope to see lots of Decision Made when we are back.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

oneday1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now, and decided that since I have some news I should join and add spreadsheet data!

Application received in Miss : 17 Mar 2014. Sponsorship letter dated: 17 Apr 2014.

We're married: Male British (Scots) Applicant and Female Canadian sponsor. Outland!

Just a few notes to others out there in early stages about the infamous ECAS: I paid my fees up front and tried to use the receipt number to log in (with the sponsor details), and it didn't work. The first time I could actually log in was after 17 Apr - when the letter was sent, using the UCI that was emailed to me.

Also a few notes about our situation: I'm (Canadian born and bred) unemployed, looking for work, living with family (so I was a *little* concerned with sponsorship approval, but BE definitely calmed my nerves regarding not needing any minimum wage to sponsor). I also lived in Scotland for 2013, so I wrote a little note saying I didn't have a T4 from 2013 to include. They didn't ask for anything else - bank account statement, etc - to proof I could support my hubs. As I've read on here, it seems like you have to be on benefits or bankrupt to be rejected as sponsor!

Thanks to everyone who's posted anything I've read - it's been very helpful and squashes a lot of my doubts!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just don't go to a land border between midnight and 8am to do this as you might get deferred until 8am.
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to airports? We're going to visit my in-laws in Hong Kong, and my husband will land on the way back. But flight arrival times are at around 1 or 2 am!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Queen_E
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to airports? We're going to visit my in-laws in Hong Kong, and my husband will land on the way back. But flight arrival times are at around 1 or 2 am!
Thats ok as airports are usually geared up for immigration arrivals whereas land borders are hit and miss especially the smaller ones.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

We were going to head to the border today then realized the COPR says our marital status is common-law (which is how we applied) we got married and informed them of this but I don't know if it will be a problem of it says common-law on the COPR and not married. Does anyone happen to know if that's potentially a problem?! Can't call them as it's Sunday
Old Apr 27th 2014, 9:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We were going to head to the border today then realized the COPR says our marital status is common-law (which is how we applied) we got married and informed them of this but I don't know if it will be a problem of it says common-law on the COPR and not married. Does anyone happen to know if that's potentially a problem?! Can't call them as it's Sunday
No, it's not a problem - they don't change the class of application once they start processing, so if you applied common-law all they would do is make a note on file that you had married. They wouldn't normally change it to a 'married application' as the only difference is in the level of proof required to show the relationship is genuine.

Just take a copy of your marriage certificate and tell them when you land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.