Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Evening all

So, we sent our application, tracked and signed for, according to the tracking it was delivered on Thurs 17th, do we get an email saying it has been received?

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

I got one about 2 days before the sponsorship approval was granted. So it did take about 3-4 weeks for a receipt
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stewart84
I got one about 2 days before the sponsorship approval was granted. So it did take about 3-4 weeks for a receipt

Sounds good
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willf
Evening all

So, we sent our application, tracked and signed for, according to the tracking it was delivered on Thurs 17th, do we get an email saying it has been received?

Thanks
Updated you! And now the wait begins!

And as Stewart said, just sit tight - you may not even get AOR at all, but at least you know it got there which is the first step. Here's hoping!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Updated you! And now the wait begins!

And as Stewart said, just sit tight - you may not even get AOR at all, but at least you know it got there which is the first step. Here's hoping!
Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

COPR!! COPR!! COPR!!

Happened to bump into the post man in the lobby a few mins ago! He had my COPR in his bag Was about to take it to the post office as it requires a signature, but as I happened to be there I was able to sign for it then and there!

So I will be going to the border this evening! I know that this information is probably in a million places.. but I'm too excited to look.. All I need is my COPR and Passport right? I have no good accompanying me (other than what will be in my pockets!), no goods to follow, I am already covered under BC MSP for health insurance and no need for proof of funds as I have been sponsored under family class. So that's all I need right?

P.S I am somewhat underwhelmed by the actual COPR document haha!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I said there would be a flood this month and for May too I think. Congratulations!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Burks! Glad that it's all sorted - and LOL that you are underwhelmed by the COPR doc, hahahaha!!!

I think you're right - just the passport and any goods lists is pretty much all you need.

So exciting!!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
COPR!! COPR!! COPR!!

Happened to bump into the post man in the lobby a few mins ago! He had my COPR in his bag Was about to take it to the post office as it requires a signature, but as I happened to be there I was able to sign for it then and there!

So I will be going to the border this evening! I know that this information is probably in a million places.. but I'm too excited to look.. All I need is my COPR and Passport right? I have no good accompanying me (other than what will be in my pockets!), no goods to follow, I am already covered under BC MSP for health insurance and no need for proof of funds as I have been sponsored under family class. So that's all I need right?

P.S I am somewhat underwhelmed by the actual COPR document haha!
YAY!!!!

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Burk! So exciting. Please let us know your landing experience.

What province are you in? Curious how many days it took for it to arrive. Does it come Canada Post?
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congrats Burks! Glad that it's all sorted - and LOL that you are underwhelmed by the COPR doc, hahahaha!!!

I think you're right - just the passport and any goods lists is pretty much all you need.

So exciting!!
Thanks

Just have to wait for the gf to finish work then we'll pop over Stateside for dinner! Think I might have to go for a run before then though, calm myself down a bit! haha

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support! Been an invaluable resource!

Oh and just for the spreadsheet, the Issue date on my COPR is the 11th April, same date as my In Process date. The 15th was the date it went to Decision Made on ECAS. Not sure if anyone wants to make a not in the spreadsheet.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Becki567

What province are you in? Curious how many days it took for it to arrive. Does it come Canada Post?
Given he said he's covered by BC MSP, I'm going to go out on a limb and say BC. :P

And yes, delivered by Canada Post, registered mail, so has to be signed for.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Becki567

Thank you!

I'm in BC! The issue date was 11th so once you take out the weekends and holidays it basically took a week! Much faster than I was expecting. Hopefully yours comes just as fast!

Was Canada Post and needs a signature. Like I said I would have had to pick it up at the post office this evening if I hadn't happened to have bumped into the postie in the lobby.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burks
Thank you!

I'm in BC! The issue date was 11th so once you take out the weekends and holidays it basically took a week! Much faster than I was expecting. Hopefully yours comes just as fast!

Was Canada Post and needs a signature. Like I said I would have had to pick it up at the post office this evening if I hadn't happened to have bumped into the postie in the lobby.
Yay!!!

Maybe if I am lucky that means my husbands will be waiting in our mailbox for pickup tonight!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I said there would be a flood this month and for May too I think. Congratulations!
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.