Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old May 3rd 2012, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Hugo_Strange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Mine was received also on the 30/04, do you think we have left it too late??? I am praying we haven't!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hugo_Strange
Mine was received also on the 30/04, do you think we have left it too late??? I am praying we haven't!!
I am not sure, but who knows? i mean everything moving fast now
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Yeah exactly, last week there was over 1500 which wasn't too bad a number but now down to 500+, this is nerve wracking!
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hugo_Strange
Yeah exactly, last week there was over 1500 which wasn't too bad a number but now down to 500+, this is nerve wracking!
defo is, but lets still pray and hope, its like winning the lottery lol
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

You gotta be in it to win it!

We'll see what tomorrow brings... I hope we get our email confirmation now they seem to be motoring through, 500 is still a lot of people/applications so maybe... just maybe.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:30 am
Just Joined

groovy_moose is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year when the numbers got low, they put up a notice on the website (in advance) that said applications post-marked xth august will be accepted, and any there after will not be processed. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same this year - unless of course they don't know how many applications they're got unprocessed... but they seem to have abetter handle on that now... i'd have thought you'll all be fine.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

I hope they follow the same as last year then! You've just given a lot of us hope
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Sorry if this question has been answered before:

But does the remaining places on the website go down upon scanning of the barcode in the application package for each applicant?

Because logically if they had 500+ unprocessed and unopened applications from the previous months/weeks in their office, wouldn't they stop anyone from applying now, as they could end up with stacks upon stacks of applications that need to be destroyed due to the quota already being fulfilled?

And do they send Receipt of application emails during their opening hours in the UK or is it generally anytime?

Last edited by Hugo_Strange; May 3rd 2012 at 7:06 am. Reason: Q
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:14 am
Just Joined

RahLa is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: International Experience Canada

Hello all! So glad to have found this site and thread! I applied for my IEC visa in March, and then some crazy as hell stuff started happening (life, lol) and I didn't even realise I'd received my request for payment until the night before the deadline! It was due by 02/05 and I paid it online at about 10.40pm on 01/05! Really hoping there's not going to be an issue there... Looking back through the pages I see a few people have mentioned it, but just to clarify, I'm looking at about 2 weeks before the embassy confirms that they received my payment?

Also, is there anybody who's thinking of heading somewhere outside of the major cities to find work/ to live? I'm travelling solo, and although I joined the bunac thing I'm flying out myself with Icelandair next april- found a flight for £350 that's mostly refundable if the visa falls through for any reason!

Sorry for babbling, just super excited and hoping to make a few contacts through this thread maybe
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

happymong is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my application off on the 2nd of April and haven't heard a peep from anyone. I've sent emails and no replies and I cannot find a reliable number. Anyone else send off their application around the same time as me , and where are you in your application, thanks guys x
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Shesdressingup is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: International Experience Canada

My boyfriend & I both got our LOIs through at 1am this morning (from reading through the thread this seems to be a normal time for it to be sent which seems odd!), excited/stressed to get everything sorted and start to look for flights/jobs/etc! We will be heading to Vancouver in July (anyone else doing similar?) .

Here is my timeline for anyone still waiting:

15/2 - Application package signed for at the Embassy (sent special delivery the day before).
13/3 - Notice of receipt
16/4 - Payment request
19/4 - Paid & emailed electronic copy of IMM1295
23/4 - Sent to CIC
3/5 - LOI received

So it basically took 2 months to get from it arriving to the payment request and then a fortnight between then and the LOI
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RahLa
Hello all! So glad to have found this site and thread! I applied for my IEC visa in March, and then some crazy as hell stuff started happening (life, lol) and I didn't even realise I'd received my request for payment until the night before the deadline! It was due by 02/05 and I paid it online at about 10.40pm on 01/05! Really hoping there's not going to be an issue there... Looking back through the pages I see a few people have mentioned it, but just to clarify, I'm looking at about 2 weeks before the embassy confirms that they received my payment?

Also, is there anybody who's thinking of heading somewhere outside of the major cities to find work/ to live? I'm travelling solo, and although I joined the bunac thing I'm flying out myself with Icelandair next april- found a flight for £350 that's mostly refundable if the visa falls through for any reason!

Sorry for babbling, just super excited and hoping to make a few contacts through this thread maybe
I'm going to be looking for work outside of the cities, hopefully heading out in October for the ski season then April / May see as much of the country as I can while working or do the opposite by heading out next year in April / May depends how my current job is going as to this year or next year.

Edit:

Also anyone who had the pay request on the 23/04 heard anything back yet?

Last edited by Oaken; May 3rd 2012 at 9:34 am.
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:36 am
Just Joined

84louise is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline so far,

24th April: Signed for at the embassy
2nd May: notice of receipt

Looks like their speeding up in processing the applications. So those of you that sent them off last week you've got a good chance of getting your receipt emails soon.. good luck!
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 84louise
My timeline so far,

Looks like their speeding up in processing the applications. So those of you that sent them off last week you've got a good chance of getting your receipt emails soon.. good luck!
Yeah, sounds like they've been clearing the backlog ahead of the places running out, in which case it's good news for everyone who's just applied!
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

bfresh21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 84louise
My timeline so far,

Ha! Thats exactly the same dates I Have Louise. Hopefully if we got Our NOR's (notice of receipt) at the same time then our dates will be similar.

Let me know when you receive your payment request then I will know my acceptance/rejection isnt far behind!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.