International Experience Canada

Old May 2nd 2012, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by oopsbuddy
I have been through teh CIC site and this LONG post, but I am none the wiser as to the current application fee for IEC (I am looking it up for someone else). Can someone please confirm the CAN$ fee for IEC? Is it about $150 or $175? Many thanks.
It should be $150 Canadian dollars.
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It should be $150 Canadian dollars.
Many thanks FL.
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

tapemeasures is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
This issue was discussed yesterday, (if you look a couple of pages back you'll see it) and it was agreed that the counter on the IEC website is updated as the applications are opened and not as LOIs are issued. Therefore, once you have your application acknowledgement you're all good as they have effectively reserved a visa for you pending the success of your application through both the IEC eligibility and visa section stages. The counter will come into play if your application is rejected for some reason or another and you need to completely re-apply.

Having looked at a few peoples' timelines on this discussion thread I would say the only thing that's unusual about your timeline is the unusually large gap between acknowledgement and payment request. It has also been suggested by people on this forum that issuance of correspondence such as the payment request is done in batches and normally the payment received/ sent to visa section letter comes up to 2 weeks after payment is made. However mine can 3 days after payment so that's just slightly unlucky but not out of the ordinary as lots of people have waited 2 weeks for the receipt of payment/forwarded to visa section letter after making their payment. In summary, you have been unlucky in two phases of the application process so far. However, I think that each phase of the application process is independent. I.e. The fact you've been unlucky up to now or that you're application has had slower that normal progress in the first couple of stages should not make it more likely to take any longer than anyone else's application does on the final stage. I think I'm correct in thinking that people have cited two weeks as the average period between receiving the forwarded to visa section correspondence and the LOI. Bearing in mind the forwarded to visa section letter advises the final decision could take upto 6 weeks but that most people receive a decision in two weeks, and you've waited just over two weeks, I'd say you're quite likely to receive a decision this week and very likely to have received one by the end of next week. Good luck!
This was extremely helpful to read, especially the first paragraph - much appreciated.

I've just re-applied this week, post initial rejection, so am amongst a handful of others on here that are getting super nervous. Checking the quota certainly doesn't help! I think my solution will be to avoid forums and just talking or thinking about it in general. Then when I get the Notice Of Receipt I can rest easy a little, presuming that this time my application is perfect and they have no issues on the visa side.

Fingers crossed (and for anyone else at this stage!)
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Meialin is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone tell me where they found the email address of the person in charge of the programme? I can't seem to find it.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

iamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really niceiamfriendly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meialin
Do you mean that it takes two weeks to have the financial confirmation or for the LOI? Because I'm getting slightly nervous as well that they haven't confirmed my payment yet and the deadline is getting close so I don't have long to fix it if there was a problem.
Coledeschanel and LHaywood1 -- I'm in the same boat as you guys. I paid on the 25th and haven't had confirmation yet. Seems that there's a few of us that received our first stage conditional acceptance on or around the 24th April that paid quickly and haven't heard back from that yet.

Hopefully it should be this week or early next that we get the payment acceptance notice (I paid online and my bank has 'fast' payments, so it should have been practically immediate).

Fingers crossed!
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I mean one would hope that even if from time to time they have lots of unopened applications sitting in Room 514, as the places on the quota start running out they'll make an effort to clear any backlog and update the counted accordingly before the places run out, so as to give people such as yourself who have just submitted or still intend to submit an application.

That said, overall I personally am generally quite impressed with the service and it wouldn't surprise me if they have cleared the backlog or even if they've managed to process the applications fast enough for there not to be a backlog in the first place. Some people have been complacent about the service taking longer that the originally stated 8 week period. I completely disagree with them because the IEC team have put a notice on their website informing us it'll take slightly longer this year and that there's been an unprecedented volume of applications this year. There are many reasons for this and when you have a world recession things like this can be even more unpredictable. The Canadian economy has weathered the storm better than other developed nations such as I believe the US and UK. An influx in immigration applications can then follow because they have more jobs than us. The working holiday program is a perfect way to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class. People on this discussion thread have speculated over a perceived dramatic increase in IEC applications in the last couple of weeks, in particular. This: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...s-receipt.html could help explain that. Personally I intend to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate but I was only applying for the IEC to go on a working holiday and was going to apply for the QSC (permanent residence) later and from the UK. However due to the changes in the link above I can now only apply from Quebec whilst on an IEC visa as it's the only category in any of the 'groups' that I fall into.

In any case, as far as the quality of service received from the IEC is concerned I think is good because they've kept us updated throughout and as far as I'm concerned they have worked hard to deal with the influx in applications this year. The fact that many Canadian permanent residence applicants have waited years for their applications to be processed doesn't make the IEC service good just because it's relatively much better than the processing time for permanent residence applications. What makes the IEC service good is that we are updated as to how long it will take. Some people respond to those who cite the unacceptably long permanent residence waiting times by citing the New Zealand working holiday visa service. Personally, I think citing either of these is wrong. Both these arguments are wrong for the same reason: Because the IEC is unique because it is the result of an international agreement between the UK and Canada. Therefore it is more reasonable for us to expect good service for IEC applications then for permanent residence applications: Canada does not owe permanent residence applications anything other than a moral duty not to keep them waiting for years. On the other hand, with respect to the IEC initiative, Canada does have a legal obligation pursuant to the internaltional UK/Canada youth mobility agreement to deliver this service properly, just as the UK as an obligation to deliver the same service to Canadian nationals properly and as for the Canadian IEC, I believe they are meeting their obligation and delivering a good service!
I don't care if people say "oh well New Zealand is processing working holiday applications in less than 24 house" because that's irrelevant. The only question we really have a right to ask in respect to the quality of the IEC service is: "Is Canada delivering a reasonable service with respect to their youth mobility agreement with the UK". For a 1 year visa, waiting 2 or 3 months is perfectly reasonable! If New Zealand are attracting more people through their super speedy service and reaping the benefits for their economy then good for them! Canada is a sovereign nation and as long as they're meeting their international obligation to the UK by delivering a reasonable service, we have not reason to criticise that country. Whether or not Canada feels it's in it's interests to provide an even faster service is up to the people of Canada to decide, not us, and I'm perfectly happy with the service currently provided by the IEC!
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tapemeasures
This was extremely helpful to read, especially the first paragraph - much appreciated.

I've just re-applied this week, post initial rejection, so am amongst a handful of others on here that are getting super nervous. Checking the quota certainly doesn't help! I think my solution will be to avoid forums and just talking or thinking about it in general. Then when I get the Notice Of Receipt I can rest easy a little, presuming that this time my application is perfect and they have no issues on the visa side.

Fingers crossed (and for anyone else at this stage!)
Hi, I'm glad you found it hopeful. The first part of my above post is a response to you. But then it just turned into a massive rant/article/essay, which wasn't aimed at you! lol Cheers.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

ggreenwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Wow I cannot believe that there are only just over 600 places left, there were over 1500 last week! I am now living in Vancouver, on my first year IEC and applying for my second one now, just waiting to receive my police certificate - which was sent in the post yesterday but I fear it might take forever to arrive! Has anyone sent there application without their police certificate and then sent that off once it has arrived - and been OK with the application? Just don't know what to do, either risk and wait till I get police cert, and possibly loose out on visa as numbers are low now or send app without police cert, but then get it rejected due to not being complete????????
All advice much appreciated!
Thanks
Gemma
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ggreenwo
Hi everyone,
Wow I cannot believe that there are only just over 600 places left, there were over 1500 last week! I am now living in Vancouver, on my first year IEC and applying for my second one now, just waiting to receive my police certificate - which was sent in the post yesterday but I fear it might take forever to arrive! Has anyone sent there application without their police certificate and then sent that off once it has arrived - and been OK with the application? Just don't know what to do, either risk and wait till I get police cert, and possibly loose out on visa as numbers are low now or send app without police cert, but then get it rejected due to not being complete????????
All advice much appreciated!
Thanks
Gemma
Have you not got your one from last year? (I think thy let you ise the same one as long as it's not more than 12 months old) I wouldn't recommend that you submit an application without the application without a police certificate. However, if you have an outdated one then I'd say submit that. But if you really don't have even an old police certificate to submit then yeah send it without one.
If you do submit without a police certificate or if you submit with an old one, this is my advice: I think that they will not check the contents of the application pack until after they've sent you an acknowledgement of receipt. Therefore that gives you time to send in a fresh police certificate. However, if you're doing this, don't just send in the certificate but try to contact the IEC staff and try to get them to put the new certificate in your application. Make sure you explain to them that you're worried about the places running out because I'm sure ordinarily in this situation they'd return you're application- you'll have to kind of plead with them!

Good luck!
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

ggreenwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks!
I dont have my old one and couldnt get a copy! My mistake I left it too late, just didnt realise that the places would go sooooooooooooooo quickly and now starting to panic!!!! Really dont know what to do as I fear that if I send it without the police cert that they will just reject it!!! I really dont want to have to wait till 2013 to have to get it again, my current visa runs out on Jan 26 2013 so I would be cutting it very short to get my second year! I hope I do get it in time... have an excellent job and once I get 1 year work experience I'm applying for PR as absolutly love it out here!!!!

Decisions, decisions!!!!! Just kinda hope that there are enough apps still available by next week!!!!!
Really dont know what to do!!!
Thanks for advice!!!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iamfriendly
Coledeschanel and LHaywood1 -- I'm in the same boat as you guys. I paid on the 25th and haven't had confirmation yet. Seems that there's a few of us that received our first stage conditional acceptance on or around the 24th April that paid quickly and haven't heard back from that yet.

Hopefully it should be this week or early next that we get the payment acceptance notice (I paid online and my bank has 'fast' payments, so it should have been practically immediate).

Fingers crossed!
Time's like this I wish time travel was around!
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:43 am
Just Joined

colbelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can someone answer me what might be a rather daft question! Im new to this Travel Aboard carry on, so decided to try and participate in the International Experience. My form has since been returned with the following rejection -

IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in your application package'

Going through my returned forms, the only section i have left out is 'Details of Intended Work in Canada'

Since i have no job offer, i could not complete this section, so my question is do i need to obtain a job offer in order to a) complete the form and b) participate in the IEC.

For the love of me i cannot see this is the FAQ :-(

Thanks,
Colin
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colbelfast
Hi can someone answer me what might be a rather daft question! Im new to this Travel Aboard carry on, so decided to try and participate in the International Experience. My form has since been returned with the following rejection -

IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in your application package'

Going through my returned forms, the only section i have left out is 'Details of Intended Work in Canada'

Since i have no job offer, i could not complete this section, so my question is do i need to obtain a job offer in order to a) complete the form and b) participate in the IEC.

Thanks,
Colin
You don't need a job offer to complete the form or participate in the IEC. It said somewhere, though, that if you don't know your intended place of work, you should type 'unknown' in those spaces.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colbelfast

Thanks,
Colin
'IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in your application package'

You did not send this part (IMM1295) of the application?

It does state in the FAQ's that you don't need a job offer, also in those FAQ's somewhere it tells you what to put in that section, I think I put 'IEC' in the main heading of that section then N/A for the rest of it.

Edit: N/A or Unknown as the guy above me stated.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iBoBBa
'IMM1295 'Application For A Work Permit Outside Canada' form has not been included in your application package'

You did not send this part (IMM1295) of the application?

It does state in the FAQ's that you don't need a job offer, also in those FAQ's somewhere it tells you what to put in that section, I think I put 'IEC' in the main heading of that section then N/A for the rest of it.

Edit: N/A or Unknown as the guy above me stated.
I put 'unknown' on my sheet as that is what was said to put in the FAQ from what i saw

Still waiting on my email for receipt of receiving the application, hoping it comes tomorrow, fingers crossed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.