International Experience Canada

Old May 1st 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

JamesRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kidster
When i filled out the application i sent continuation pages for employment but didnt save them electronically, is this going to be a problem when i have to email them the 1295E?
Just send the validated page, thats it dude.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

kidster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JamesRR
Just send the validated page, thats it dude.
Ok when i validated i then had to print out the continuation pages so i dont have the original barcode page is that going to matter?

I hope not coz surely they would have access on a machine to these documents seeing they are scanned on arrival
Old May 1st 2012, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

When i filled out the application i sent continuation pages for employment but didnt save them electronically, is this going to be a problem when i have to email them the 1295E?
I think I recall someone earlier in the tread emailing them about that, they only want the main completed form emailing not any employment continuation pages if memory serves me correct, as that is what I have done as well.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oaken
I think I recall someone earlier in the tread emailing them about that, they only want the main completed form emailing not any employment continuation pages if memory serves me correct, as that is what I have done as well.
So in other words as i understand it, all the information pages if you was just sending the forms as one thing without the evidence etc etc
Old May 1st 2012, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Rmack1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine all your documents get passed onto the Visa section, as they'll wan't to view your police check etc.... The e-mailed 1295E is most likely for their records.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

So in other words as i understand it, all the information pages if you was just sending the forms as one thing without the evidence etc etc
Just your completed IMM1295 PDF file but no continuation pages.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oaken
Just your completed IMM1295 PDF file but no continuation pages.
Thats kool then, just need to refill in the employment bit as i made changes when i was doing continuation pages so i will put it back to what the first page would say as if they got it without (as you say) without the continuation pages
Old May 1st 2012, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Thats kool then, just need to refill in the employment bit as i made changes when i was doing continuation pages so i will put it back to what the first page would say as if they got it without (as you say) without the continuation pages
Personally I squeezed everything onto the form without using any continuation pages but in you position I would, as other people have advised, sent the main form without any continuation pages.

I'd also make sure that what is on the main form is exactly the same as the main form that you sent to them- even if your answers on the main form appear inadequate/not to make sense, without the continuation pages.
Old May 1st 2012, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

mangochutney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I'm like lots of people still waiting for the IEC visa, starting to freak out a bit! My timeline is this:

Sent: 6/2/12
Signed for (RM): 7/2/12
Application received letter: 24/2/12
Conditional acceptance/payment request: 1/4/12 (after having to chase the manager!)
Payment made/form sent: 6/4/12
IEC eligible/sent to CIC: 16/4/12

except I'm seeing the number of available visas is going down loads now, and really worried there if there's a problem at CIC that I'll have to start over! or rather not as there won't be any visas left by then

I know it says 6 weeks on the letter, but how long are LOIs generally taking at the moment? Is there a chance of the visas running out while I'm still waiting for my LOI?! (Yes, I'm checking my spam folder like a crazy person...)

The really annoying thing is I had a friend who applied around the same time, he got his so quickly that he was in Canada by the beginning of March! Argh!

Any advice anyone can offer would be v much appreciated - many thanks in advance

Last edited by mangochutney; May 1st 2012 at 11:01 pm.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mangochutney
Hello everyone

I'm like lots of people still waiting for the IEC visa, starting to freak out a bit! My timeline is this:

Sent: 6/2/12
Signed for (RM): 7/2/12
Application received letter: 24/2/12
Conditional acceptance/payment request: 1/4/12 (after having to chase the manager!)
Payment made/form sent: 6/4/12
IEC eligible/sent to CIC: 16/4/12

except I'm seeing the number of available visas is going down loads now, and really worried there if there's a problem at CIC that I'll have to start over! or rather not as there won't be any visas left by then

I know it says 6 weeks on the letter, but how long are LOIs generally taking at the moment? Is there a chance of the visas running out while I'm still waiting for my LOI?! (Yes, I'm checking my spam folder like a crazy person...)

The really annoying thing is I had a friend who applied around the same time, he got his so quickly that he was in Canada by the beginning of March! Argh!

Any advice anyone can offer would be v much appreciated - many thanks in advance
This issue was discussed yesterday, (if you look a couple of pages back you'll see it) and it was agreed that the counter on the IEC website is updated as the applications are opened and not as LOIs are issued. Therefore, once you have your application acknowledgement you're all good as they have effectively reserved a visa for you pending the success of your application through both the IEC eligibility and visa section stages. The counter will come into play if your application is rejected for some reason or another and you need to completely re-apply.

Having looked at a few peoples' timelines on this discussion thread I would say the only thing that's unusual about your timeline is the unusually large gap between acknowledgement and payment request. It has also been suggested by people on this forum that issuance of correspondence such as the payment request is done in batches and normally the payment received/ sent to visa section letter comes up to 2 weeks after payment is made. However mine can 3 days after payment so that's just slightly unlucky but not out of the ordinary as lots of people have waited 2 weeks for the receipt of payment/forwarded to visa section letter after making their payment. In summary, you have been unlucky in two phases of the application process so far. However, I think that each phase of the application process is independent. I.e. The fact you've been unlucky up to now or that you're application has had slower that normal progress in the first couple of stages should not make it more likely to take any longer than anyone else's application does on the final stage. I think I'm correct in thinking that people have cited two weeks as the average period between receiving the forwarded to visa section correspondence and the LOI. Bearing in mind the forwarded to visa section letter advises the final decision could take upto 6 weeks but that most people receive a decision in two weeks, and you've waited just over two weeks, I'd say you're quite likely to receive a decision this week and very likely to have received one by the end of next week. Good luck!
Old May 1st 2012, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
This issue was discussed yesterday, (if you look a couple of pages back you'll see it) and it was agreed that the counter on the IEC website is updated as the applications are opened and not as LOIs are issued. Therefore, once you have your application acknowledgement you're all good as they have effectively reserved a visa for you pending the success of your application through both the IEC eligibility and visa section stages. The counter will come into play if your application is rejected for some reason or another and you need to completely re-apply.

Having looked at a few peoples' timelines on this discussion thread I would say the only thing that's unusual about your timeline is the unusually large gap between acknowledgement and payment request. It has also been suggested by people on this forum that issuance of correspondence such as the payment request is done in batches and normally the payment received/ sent to visa section letter comes up to 2 weeks after payment is made. However mine can 3 days after payment so that's just slightly unlucky but not out of the ordinary as lots of people have waited 2 weeks for the receipt of payment/forwarded to visa section letter after making their payment. In summary, you have been unlucky in two phases of the application process so far. However, I think that each phase of the application process is independent. I.e. The fact you've been unlucky up to now or that you're application has had slower that normal progress in the first couple of stages should not make it more likely to take any longer than anyone else's application does on the final stage. I think I'm correct in thinking that people have cited two weeks as the average period between receiving the forwarded to visa section correspondence and the LOI. Bearing in mind the forwarded to visa section letter advises the final decision could take upto 6 weeks but that most people receive a decision in two weeks, and you've waited just over two weeks, I'd say you're quite likely to receive a decision this week and very likely to have received one by the end of next week. Good luck!
Hello,

Yes, I did read a couple of pages back re. the counter but couldn't see if it had actually been settled or not (clicked through to the French page and couldn't find any mention either). Sorry

Indeed, the wait between acknowledgement and payment request was very long... I only received the payment request when I did because I ended up emailing the person in charge of the programme (to complain - I know...), and found out they'd not even looked at my application after 6 weeks!

By the same token, that's what worries me. I know there seems to be an average time these things are taking, but considering that if I'd not emailed I would likely still be waiting for a payment request, my experience so far has... not been great! Especially if it then ends up being rejected for some reason or other.

Thank you though! Am slightly reassured, although at the moment still fully expect to still be waiting at the end of May!
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by discostu81
My LOI just came through...7 days after having the payment confirmation/sent to CIC email. Overt the moon, was getting worried I would have to go back to the UK if it wasn't done before my first year work permit ran out.

I'm sure others will get their's too so congrats to everybody that does
Congratz bro, surprised it was that quick for someone outside of the UK.

The counter went up since Monday so that's a good sign!...but not for those declined
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Believe it or not, about 10 minutes after I posted my last reply last night I got my LOI! (Yes, at 1am!) So happy, can finally start planning my trip!

Thanks for the advice BritishExpatriate
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mangochutney
Believe it or not, about 10 minutes after I posted my last reply last night I got my LOI! (Yes, at 1am!) So happy, can finally start planning my trip!

Thanks for the advice BritishExpatriate
That's great, congratulations! It's good you were dealt with swiftly on the final stage after previously having to wait so long and complain to them and everything... Also good to see the final stage taking no longer than about 2 weeks as other people have experienced- there's hope for the rest of us! Cheers + good luck planning your trip!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

I have been through teh CIC site and this LONG post, but I am none the wiser as to the current application fee for IEC (I am looking it up for someone else). Can someone please confirm the CAN$ fee for IEC? Is it about $150 or $175? Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.