IEC 2015

Old Feb 28th 2015, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Because Ireland wasn't expensive enough in the first place!
Is it still number 2 happiest country in the world to live in? Weird.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by David3627
Is it still number 2 happiest country in the world to live in? Weird.
whats no1?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Switzerland? Maybe I was thinking 'worlds most expensive'.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 4:37 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The world's happiest countries - TelegraphThe world's happiest countries - Telegraph

The 20 most expensive cities in the world 2014: in pics - Telegraph
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

pitt is an unknown quantity at this point

What is a good way to tell somebody that I am no longer moving to Canada? I don't want to be so direct to the point where the person thinks that I changed my mind, I want to say it in a way where Canadian government didn't accept my visa request.

Should I just say that my visa request was rejected? If the person asks me why, what should I say?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 8:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pitt
What is a good way to tell somebody that I am no longer moving to Canada? I don't want to be so direct to the point where the person thinks that I changed my mind, I want to say it in a way where Canadian government didn't accept my visa request.

Should I just say that my visa request was rejected? If the person asks me why, what should I say?
Is this anything to do with IEC? Not sure you've posted on the right thread somehow, you might be better off starting a new thread of your own.

But have you had a visa application rejected? If so, then just say that and give them the reason why if asked.

If you haven't had a visa rejection, then why lie about it? Just tell the truth.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 8:48 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pitt

I'm guessing you no longer what to move out not because you are unable to?

If this is in regards to a relationship then I would be honest and explain the person that you don't want to move out. I would much rather someone be honest with me no matter how much it hurts then try and sugar coat it with a lie
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

just_a_guy_in_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, these new rule changes have me slightly confused because of my current situation. Let me illustrate this:
  • I'm currently on a working holiday through IEC, ending May 2015.
  • My plan was to apply for my second (and last) IEC when it opened this year, while still in Canada
  • The reason for this being originally I'd hoped to be married and securing PR status by now, but that hasn't been able to happen yet so one more year on IEC IEC is my backup
  • The new rules say if you've participated once before 2015 you can apply again. However, I'm still currently on my first IEC during 2015.

So I'd like to clarify. Can I apply for my second IEC in Canada before my current one ends (May 2015) and have the rule changes altered any part of this process?
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesmcgeachie10
Hey guys, these new rule changes have me slightly confused because of my current situation. Let me illustrate this:
  • I'm currently on a working holiday through IEC, ending May 2015.
  • My plan was to apply for my second (and last) IEC when it opened this year, while still in Canada
  • The reason for this being originally I'd hoped to be married and securing PR status by now, but that hasn't been able to happen yet so one more year on IEC IEC is my backup
  • The new rules say if you've participated once before 2015 you can apply again. However, I'm still currently on my first IEC during 2015.

So I'd like to clarify. Can I apply for my second IEC in Canada before my current one ends (May 2015) and have the rule changes altered any part of this process?
The new 24 month permit for UK citizens begins with the 2015 quota. You (like me) are in Canada on the 2014 IEC programme, and are entitled to a second participation in the 2015 quota.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

just_a_guy_in_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
The new 24 month permit for UK citizens begins with the 2015 quota. You (like me) are in Canada on the 2014 IEC programme, and are entitled to a second participation in the 2015 quota.
Okay, great, thank you.

Is there a resource on this website/forum that breaks down any important differences between applying from within Canada vs applying from the UK?

My initial concerns would be regarding the police certificate (another British one or something from Canada?) and later concern would be where I actually acquire the new work permit (assumedly not at the airport this time?).
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, great, thank you.

Is there a resource on this website/forum that breaks down any important differences between applying from within Canada vs applying from the UK?

My initial concerns would be regarding the police certificate (another British one or something from Canada?) and later concern would be where I actually acquire the new work permit (assumedly not at the airport this time?).
A quick search should give you the answers to all of those, but you'll need another UK police cert (CIC do their own for Canada so you wouldn't normally need one unless it's requested), and you'd get the new work permit by flagpoling - there's a Wiki article about flagpoling too.

HTH.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, great, thank you.

There is no difference in the application. You need a police certificate from every country where you have lived more than 6 months since turning 18 (except Canada, as they do their own checks), which must be dated within the last 3 months (I'm waiting til we have a release date to apply for mine).

To activate the permit, you need to cross the border again. You can do this by flying somewhere international and back in, or drive/take a bus/walk/boat across the US border, and return. Whichever border crossing you take, activation is exactly as it was last time - have Letter of Introduction, passport, proof of insurance and funds with you.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

scroll down to the "Applicant not accompanied by dependants" part
Under the IEC program requirements, applicants may not list a dependant or dependants (i.e., spouse or common-law partner and children) on their application to benefit from the IEC program. This means that an applicant and their family members may not benefit from the IEC program as a family unit under one IEC application. However, this does not prevent dependant(s) from submitting their own individual request to come to Canada (e.g., spouse may submit their own application to benefit from the IEC program).

CIC has no specific policy prohibiting spouses and dependants of IEC participants from joining them in Canada. However, the spouse and dependant(s) must be admissible to Canada based on their own merits. Family members will have to answer the Come to Canada Wizard questions for themselves and have their own MyCIC account. The spouse or common-law partner of an IEC participant is not eligible to obtain an open work permit by virtue of the participant's IEC application. The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption code C41 applies only to spouses and common-law partners of workers under CIC’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (National Occupational Classification [NOC] Levels 0, A & B).

Likewise, the children of an IEC participant are not eligible to obtain a study permit by virtue of the participant’s IEC application. They must submit their own application for a study permit if they intend to study in Canada.

For more information about eligibility requirements such as passport validity, health care insurance, and sufficient financial resources, consult Apply—International Experience Canada.
Date Modified: 2015-01-30

It looks like the days when spouse gets OWP if IEC holder works in skilled occupation are over...
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:14 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
scroll down to the "Applicant not accompanied by dependants" part

Date Modified: 2015-01-30

It looks like the days when spouse gets OWP if IEC holder works in skilled occupation are over...
I never thought this was possible in the first place on an IEC. Each participant needed to get their own..?!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I never thought this was possible in the first place on an IEC. Each participant needed to get their own..?!
No, it used to be that the spouse could get an open work permit if the IEC holder got a skilled job.

But it does looks thought that's over now, La_Luna could you please post a link to the content rather than just a copy and paste? Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.