IEC 2015

Old Mar 10th 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Hey guys,

Do you absolutely have to "wet sign" ACPO forms, or can you sign electronically? Trying to find a way to not have to ship my application from Canada to the UK and spend $70+ doing so just to get the form before Stage 2...
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys , I wondered if anyone knew , once the visa is issued , how long have you got to use it before it expires ? Is it one year ?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle.pops is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I'm currently in Canada on the IEC and wondered if you still had to meet all of the criteria for applying again.

I am 31 now, but was 30 when initially applied, would the 2nd participation go on my current age or the age I was when I first applied.

I think it's my current age but just wanted to check.

Thanks
S
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You have to meet all the requirements based on your current circumstances, so as you are now 31 you would not qualify. Sorry!
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle.pops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You have to meet all the requirements based on your current circumstances, so as you are now 31 you would not qualify. Sorry!
Thanks, I thought that was the case, I was hoping it wasn't.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough

Slightly irritating that we can't create a Kompass account until it opens... That delays each of our scrambles by a few minutes!!

From what I remember:
(Please correct me if/where I'm mistaken...)
-0. Do the "COME TO CANADA" questionnaire to get a MyCIC account in advance.
Then, once visa process opens:
1. Create and verify Kompass account
2. Input a few basic details
3. Receive WTN (CAL?)
^that's all on the basis that your browser doesn't just freeze up.

4. Cheer and pat yourself on the back.
5. Apply for ACPO police certificate for visa purposes (make sure to order the correct one) asap. Roughly £40 standard or £80 express.

6. Download forms: Application-IMM1295, Document Checklist-IMM5488, Family Info- IMM5645
(Make sure to update Adobe so you can edit PDF) fill out forms, and verify as to create a barcode.
7.Login to MyCIC and upload forms, Résumé and police cert, make payment and complete application within 14 days from when CAL was issued.
(Upload explanation letter if you need more time...I.e. For the police check to come through)
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by videomannico
Hey guys , I wondered if anyone knew , once the visa is issued , how long have you got to use it before it expires ? Is it one year ?
One year from the date the LOI is issued.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I'm having trouble uploading my CV which is saves as a .doc, but it's telling me that it's an incorrect filetype... Perhaps it's something to do with it being made in Open office?
And ideas?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
Hey guys, I'm having trouble uploading my CV which is saves as a .doc, but it's telling me that it's an incorrect filetype... Perhaps it's something to do with it being made in Open office?
And ideas?
Try saving as PDF instead.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I'm here in Canada on the 2014 IEC and I've read that they have finally released what date the IEC is opening, yay!
I was wondering if anyone knows any information on the whole police certificate business.
I read somewhere in this forum that there is quite a small gap between applying for the visa and when they require the police certificate. I'm guessing that I'll need a UK police certificate and a Canadian one as well right?
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Schnookololy, that seemed to work! Many thanks!
I'm trying to fill some of these forms in now, and ... well, Box 1 on page 1 is asking me for a UCI. No idea what that could possibly be. Any ideas? Another thing is the Work History thing, it says that if I need more space, to add another page. I understand that this is for the printed version, but how might I do this for the PDF? I need to give them 10 years working history, right?
[edit] Seems that UCI part wasn't Mandatory, so it's not for me. [/edit]
Now I'm struggling with the Family Information form that it's giving me.
The document checklist points me to a 5750E form, though at the bottom of that form it states "This form must be completed by...each person 18 years or older or a minor traveling alone and 'be a passport holder from one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Malaysia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa.'"

Is this... the right form? Moreover, the application allowed me to skip the signing bit, but there's nothing said about it on this form. Does that mean I have to print, fill, and scan it, or will the signing count as digital signing as with the other form?
[edit2] Seems that I don't have to sign it - "You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."
Still, I'm not entirely sure it's asking me to complete the correct form... Should I complete the form it asks, and the other form as well, uploading that into the Optional Documents Section? I'm rather confused.[/edit]

Last edited by Kirol; Mar 10th 2015 at 9:13 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavita
Hi everyone! I'm here in Canada on the 2014 IEC and I've read that they have finally released what date the IEC is opening, yay!
I was wondering if anyone knows any information on the whole police certificate business.
I read somewhere in this forum that there is quite a small gap between applying for the visa and when they require the police certificate. I'm guessing that I'll need a UK police certificate and a Canadian one as well right?
Thanks in advance!
UK yes, Canadian no (unless they specifically request one from you)
Old Mar 10th 2015, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

IMM 1295 is apply for work permit outside Canada. What if you're already on last years IEC? I'm guessing the questionnaire that you do with CIC will determine the forms but I remember last years asking for certain forms but then it only applied for Argentina, South Africa and some other countries!
Old Mar 11th 2015, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
Schnookololy, that seemed to work! Many thanks!
I'm trying to fill some of these forms in now, and ... well, Box 1 on page 1 is asking me for a UCI. No idea what that could possibly be. Any ideas? Another thing is the Work History thing, it says that if I need more space, to add another page. I understand that this is for the printed version, but how might I do this for the PDF? I need to give them 10 years working history, right?
[edit] Seems that UCI part wasn't Mandatory, so it's not for me. [/edit]
Now I'm struggling with the Family Information form that it's giving me.
The document checklist points me to a 5750E form, though at the bottom of that form it states "This form must be completed by...each person 18 years or older or a minor traveling alone and 'be a passport holder from one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Malaysia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa.'"

Is this... the right form? Moreover, the application allowed me to skip the signing bit, but there's nothing said about it on this form. Does that mean I have to print, fill, and scan it, or will the signing count as digital signing as with the other form?
[edit2] Seems that I don't have to sign it - "You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."
Still, I'm not entirely sure it's asking me to complete the correct form... Should I complete the form it asks, and the other form as well, uploading that into the Optional Documents Section? I'm rather confused.[/edit]
UCI is the client number you get when you get your work permit. So if this is your first time you won't have one. Don't take that as gospel but that is what I believe.

It's digital so you when you click on validate you are "signing".

I seem to remember last year that form confusing me. You can put a letter of explanation just stating what you said. If they need you to fill something else they'll tell you!
Old Mar 11th 2015, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Leaf.
That clears things up quite a bit.
Since it's asking for the 5750E I guess I'll fill that one out, even though that's not actually the right form by the looks of things.
I think the 5645 is the correct one, as Craig posted earlier, but as you said I'll put in a letter of Explanation stating that.
Thanks for the help, and good luck tomorrow! ;D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.