IEC 2015

Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by David3627
I've heard of HEAVY delays so get all over that quick-snap! Consider the premium service if you can afford it, too.
Certainly will! And yes defiantly going premium!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

paperbackreader is an unknown quantity at this point

Any one know the frequency of the Round 2 quotas for the other countries? Would a week from now be a good estimate?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

that was so quick today, first time I applied I was 374, this year 2183! congrats everyone that got a spot & good luck to those for the next round
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:06 pm
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou schnookololy, just realized the weird thing about this thread is that everyone wants help but everyone is in competition, funny old game....
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

HannahM is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has just got his WTN in the first round but I didn't quite make it this time. Reading through the acknowledgement statements I see that it says:

I acknowledge that I may not list my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband/common-law spouse, child/children) on my application to benefit from the IEC program. My dependent(s) must submit their own separate application to enter and reside in Canada, for example as an IEC participant, visitor, student, or worker. If my work in Canada will be classified under National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels O, A, or B, then my spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an open work permit to Canada.

Can anyone confirm if this means that, providing my husband works in one of these skill level jobs, which he will be doing as he's been offered a job as a vet, that I can get an open work permit without getting my own through the IEC? I see this was discussed a while back before this year opened and the conclusion seemed to be that a spouse of a skilled worker on IEC couldn't get a work permit, but this statement seems to suggest otherwise. It links to the CIC page about this (here) but everything seems to say 'you MAY be able to...'. Does anyone know for sure so I can decide if I need to continue with my IEC application in the next round?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

I got number 142, and I just received my Stage 2 letter.

I've been given 10 days to pay. And all I need is my passport scan and my resume. No police form mentioned at this point...
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:18 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
thankyou schnookololy, just realized the weird thing about this thread is that everyone wants help but everyone is in competition, funny old game....
This thread is great for updates, though. Someone posted on Monday when it was announced that the program would be opening on Thursday, and provided a link. Then yesterday someone else posted that it would be opening at 10am EST, again, provided a link, and then lots of others posted the time zone equivalents.

Direct your nephew to this thread. It moves incredibly quickly but if you watch it then you'll be guaranteed to see when Round 2 is opening, and as you can see already, it will only be open for 10ish minutes, so when we say you have to be quick, you seriously have to be quick. It's not a metaphor, it's meant in the most literal way possible!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

ninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond repute

Folks, I just got the email saying the additional documents + payment sections are now available (WTN #87). I've uploaded my passport page and resume, but there was no mention of police certificates. Is this usually done through MyCIC rather than Kompass, or do you think it might not be a requirement this year?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Enchilada is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know roughly how long it takes for the payment to register?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

BeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond reputeBeenTrainingDogs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninespoons
Folks, I just got the email saying the additional documents + payment sections are now available (WTN #87). I've uploaded my passport page and resume, but there was no mention of police certificates. Is this usually done through MyCIC rather than Kompass, or do you think it might not be a requirement this year?
Actually it comes at a later stage. I found this link which has a ridiculous amount of information (and it all seems correct as well). Bookmark this!

2015 IEC (Working Holiday Canada) Application Guide | Off Track Travel

As for those waiting for the second round. I've seen a bunch of people on various facebook groups saying they got to the submit button and couldn't press it because the quota was full. These people maintain their applications when round 2 opens, so it will go FAR quicker!

To outline, South Korea have had their first 2 stages already. Their first round (2,000) went in 8 minutes and their second round (1,350) went in 2 minutes (yes, two minutes!). UK first 2,500 went in 12 minutes, so extrapolating out based on the Korea data you're looking at 400 visas going every minute that round 2 is open.

It took me 5 minutes to do my registration, I thought I was quick (but not insanely quick, I typed everything as I went, no use of Excel etc.) and got #142. Basically, if you haven't started your application, you better hope at least 2,000 visas come out in round 2 or you're going to have be nuts to get one!

Last edited by BeenTrainingDogs; Mar 12th 2015 at 6:36 pm. Reason: Your You're
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a question about the contact information in the Kompass account. Under correspondence address, should I put my UK address in there, or shall I put the Canadian address that I'm at right now? Seems like a silly question I know, but I just want to double check
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HannahM
My husband has just got his WTN in the first round but I didn't quite make it this time. Reading through the acknowledgement statements I see that it says:

I acknowledge that I may not list my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband/common-law spouse, child/children) on my application to benefit from the IEC program. My dependent(s) must submit their own separate application to enter and reside in Canada, for example as an IEC participant, visitor, student, or worker. If my work in Canada will be classified under National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels O, A, or B, then my spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an open work permit to Canada.

Can anyone confirm if this means that, providing my husband works in one of these skill level jobs, which he will be doing as he's been offered a job as a vet, that I can get an open work permit without getting my own through the IEC? I see this was discussed a while back before this year opened and the conclusion seemed to be that a spouse of a skilled worker on IEC couldn't get a work permit, but this statement seems to suggest otherwise. It links to the CIC page about this (here) but everything seems to say 'you MAY be able to...'. Does anyone know for sure so I can decide if I need to continue with my IEC application in the next round?
Short answer is yes however he will need to show that he is actually employed or has a job offer for an occupation in skill level 0, A or B if all arriving together. He will then be issued a specific employer work permit as opposed to the open work permit that most IEC participants get on arrival. You can still apply for your own IEC if you wish to do so.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the Kompass login page I have a box in the application requirements section with the option to download a pdf of the application, and in it it has a blank part for the payments section. Have I missed something? Was I meant to add my payment details in and I missed it or something? I'm so confused
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:32 pm
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Payment made. Resume and passport scan submitted. It's all so real! Haha. According to the IEC explained poster in roughly 7 weeks I could be jetting out there... madness!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Enchilada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Payment made. Resume and passport scan submitted. It's all so real! Haha. According to the IEC explained poster in roughly 7 weeks I could be jetting out there... madness!
Does your payment say its completed or is it still pending?
Just curious since im at the same point

ALSO congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.