IEC 2015

Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by videomannico
Thanks for the help.bud , how do you do a digital passport photo ?
Well, from what the CIC thing says, it's /very/ strict.
It has to be a certain size, with a certain DPI, and your head has to be within 31~35mm from chin to crown. Something plus something plus something.
I'd recommend scanning a passport photo, cropping it down, and making sure it's 600DPI and conforming to their standards. Took me around 2 and a half hours to edit the thing to fit their standards, mind you.
When you get to the CIC stage, it does state the exact things they're looking for.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirol
Well, from what the CIC thing says, it's /very/ strict.
It has to be a certain size, with a certain DPI, and your head has to be within 31~35mm from chin to crown. Something plus something plus something.
I'd recommend scanning a passport photo, cropping it down, and making sure it's 600DPI and conforming to their standards. Took me around 2 and a half hours to edit the thing to fit their standards, mind you.
When you get to the CIC stage, it does state the exact things they're looking for.
I used this site last year to get the photo correct

Create your own passport photo for free - IDPhoto4You
Old Mar 12th 2015, 1:21 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, good luck tomorrow! Can we not make a Kompass account at all before the opening time tomorrow?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 2:48 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi guys, good luck tomorrow! Can we not make a Kompass account at all before the opening time tomorrow?
One would imagine that 'You can only create a Kompass account when IEC is open for your country.' is not put on the CIC website just to mislead people, so I would guess not!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

MarkS28 is an unknown quantity at this point

For all those asking - you will NOT need your resume or scanned passport or any other documents for the process opening today. All you need is basic personal info to receive a WTN. Then, you will be prompted for payment within two days should you be successful.

For a detailed look at the personal info required at stage 1 last year, check out this site http://offtracktravel.ca/2015/01/05/...tep-iec-guide/

Last edited by MarkS28; Mar 12th 2015 at 6:49 am.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkS28
For all those asking - you will NOT need your resume or scanned passport or any other documents for the process opening today. All you need is basic personal info to receive a WTN. Then, you will be prompted for payment within two days should you be successful.

For a detailed look at the personal info required at stage 1 last year, check out this site 2015 IEC (Working Holiday Canada) Application Guide | Off Track Travel
So you can't actually complete your application until you have your notification message? Then you can upload documents and pay and only then will you receive CAL.
What if you do the initially application as soon as it opens, but don't receive your message till the next day, does that jeopardise your chances as others may have received theirs sooner?

EDIT:
Sorry, I've just realised, if you complete the initial application and quota is available you will 'reserve' a CAL yes?

Last edited by Amy1807; Mar 12th 2015 at 7:21 am.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amy1807
So you can't actually complete your application until you have your notification message? Then you can upload documents and pay and only then will you receive CAL.
What if you do the initially application as soon as it opens, but don't receive your message till the next day, does that jeopardise your chances as others may have received theirs sooner?

EDIT:
Sorry, I've just realised, if you complete the initial application and quota is available you will 'reserve' a CAL yes?
Yes that is correct. Create an account, click the email link to verify, complete an IEC application form. If you manage to do this quick enough, you get your World Tracking Number and you're in (unless there's some sort of problem with your application).
Old Mar 12th 2015, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that is correct. Create an account, click the email link to verify, complete an IEC application form. If you manage to do this quick enough, you get your World Tracking Number and you're in (unless there's some sort of problem with your application).
Thank you .
Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Dolphin_Akie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just as a rough estimate, how long does it take from the window opening to get your application in? Im doing this on my lunch hour but assumed if I didnt get it all done with 15-20mins I'd miss the cut off anyways (this is assuming the website doesn't crash or something)
Old Mar 12th 2015, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
I used this site last year to get the photo correct

Create your own passport photo for free - IDPhoto4You
That's a pretty good site, however keep in mind that if you're using a scanned image (as I did) then it will need to be 600 DPI, and this site prints the file at 300.
Not sure if there's an option on there to change that, if there is I couldn't find it.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, so lots of mixed information on the last couple of pages.

Do we need to create a CIC account & upload passport scan/CV now, or can we just solely focus on the IEC opening part and answering the questions fast to get a place in the queue?

If we need to make CIC could someone please provide the exact link to the page to sign up?

Also just to make sure, at 14:00 after a refresh the same page we have been checking for change detection, will be the page that shows a link to sign up correct?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2, you CAN create a CIC account now, but you don't need to. Today you just focus on the IEC.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

WildfireV2, you CAN create a CIC account now, but you don't need to. Today you just focus on the IEC.

Cool thanks, & the application will all be on the same page that we've been checking right?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys and gals is this required for today or not ?

QUOTE=Kirol;11590062]That's a pretty good site, however keep in mind that if you're using a scanned image (as I did) then it will need to be 600 DPI, and this site prints the file at 300.
Not sure if there's an option on there to change that, if there is I couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by videomannico
Hey guys and gals is this required for today or not ?

QUOTE=Kirol;11590062]That's a pretty good site, however keep in mind that if you're using a scanned image (as I did) then it will need to be 600 DPI, and this site prints the file at 300.
Not sure if there's an option on there to change that, if there is I couldn't find it.
[/QUOTE]

No today is just basic information like your details and passport number, everything else is uploaded at a later date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.