IEC 2015

Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by pitt
UK applications have not been released yet?
Yes, yes, they've been released and all gone. Shame you missed it.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

pitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, yes, they've been released and all gone. Shame you missed it.
Are you serious?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaaaa
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?
Jeez. By the time you'd typed the question, you could have looked at the website and checked yourself.

Your posts demanding answers from people are wearing a bit thin now, that's not the way the forum works I'm afraid. It's give and take, if you want to take then please do a bit of your own legwork, and take the time to give thanks to those that help you.

Have another read of the Newbies link in my signature for the forum 'netiquette', thanks.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Well I did check the website. First it said applications will open after mid February and now it just says status closed. Don't you think I should ask if they have opened yet? According to some posts, I had a feeling the places were already gone.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

carmichael is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Im currently in canada on a IEC 2014 programme and which expires in August 2015. I want to apply for a new IEC 2015 for the 2 years that comes out in the next few weeks so I can possibly leave and re-enter canada on my new visa if i get one. However I have seen on the website it says:

"If your country's agreement allows participation more than once, you would have to reapply outside of Canada"[/COLOR]." (Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?)

Does this mean we cannot fill out the Kompass account when it opens from within Canada and we have to go back to the UK to submit an application?

Also, does anyone know if there are certain times between when I can apply to IEC. Because I'm currently on my 2014, but want to apply for the 2015 one so I can come back in August?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:44 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did check the website. First it said applications will open after mid February and now it just says status closed. Don't you think I should ask if they have opened yet? According to some posts, I had a feeling the places were already gone.
Reading back even 1-2 pages would make it obvious that the program has not yet opened. You need to do a bit of research for yourself. No one has patience for people who expect the work done for them.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Don't you think I should ask if they have opened yet?
If you feel you would like help with something, then that's fair enough, but there's a way to ask that doesn't look as though you're demanding an answer (particularly when you never take the time to thank those that give you those answers).

So instead of 'UK applications have not been released yet?', how about 'Sorry guys but I've just checked the website and I'm not sure whether or not applications for the UK have opened, would anybody mind letting me know?'. Or 'you tell me' when asking how you should apply for PR, how about 'I'm afraid I'm not sure what visa route I might be eligible for, do you have any idea and if so, would you mind helping me out and pointing me in the right direction'?

English isn't your first language, which is fine, but just a please and thank you will go a long way, both on the forum and when you get to Canada. As I mentioned, please re-read the sticky thread in my signature. Thx.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:51 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carmichael
Hi Everyone,

Im currently in canada on a IEC 2014 programme and which expires in August 2015. I want to apply for a new IEC 2015 for the 2 years that comes out in the next few weeks so I can possibly leave and re-enter canada on my new visa if i get one. However I have seen on the website it says:

"If your country's agreement allows participation more than once, you would have to reapply outside of Canada"[/COLOR]." (Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?)

Does this mean we cannot fill out the Kompass account when it opens from within Canada and we have to go back to the UK to submit an application?

Also, does anyone know if there are certain times between when I can apply to IEC. Because I'm currently on my 2014, but want to apply for the 2015 one so I can come back in August?
I am in a similar situation here but not sure as well. Cannot see why it should be an issue though if applying from inside the country. Also I thought regardless of whether it was first or second time in IEC the application process was slightly different from inside or outside Canada yet when I made my first application I was actually visiting Canada at the time and got in whilst there. Don't know if that helps any.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you feel you would like help with something, then that's fair enough, but there's a way to ask that doesn't look as though you're demanding an answer (particularly when you never take the time to thank those that give you those answers).

So instead of 'UK applications have not been released yet?', how about 'Sorry guys but I've just checked the website and I'm not sure whether or not applications for the UK have opened, would anybody mind letting me know?'. Or 'you tell me' when asking how you should apply for PR, how about 'I'm afraid I'm not sure what visa route I might be eligible for, do you have any idea and if so, would you mind helping me out and pointing me in the right direction'?

English isn't your first language, which is fine, but just a please and thank you will go a long way, both on the forum and when you get to Canada. As I mentioned, please re-read the sticky thread in my signature. Thx.
You may be confusing me with somebody else lol.

If you have the time, read my previous posts here and you will see that I usually thank those who replied to my questions (I probably didn't do it to the last questions I asked but I don't know where the ''never'' came from).
Old Mar 4th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

hey guys, I'd like to hear your thoughts about that Itinerary thing....
our PCCs should be ready tomorrow so we'd like to upload and finish our stage 2 (mycic) application... besides PCC, Itinerary's the only thing left for upload.....

I have to say, I'm a bit scared....
our situation is even more complicated since we have province nomination and ongoing outland PR application (no AOR yet, tho)..

I have no idea what to do about Itinerary thing...
we do not want to buy tickets before we get LOI!! same thing is advised in CAL, btw..
so, that leaves us with what, word/pdf doc in which we'll say where we plan to land, what kind of jobs we plan to look for, right?
what happens if we say now our POE'll be, I dunno, Calgary, but when we actually buy tickets after few weeks, we decide to land in Winnipeg?
or wherever?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

uh, oh, I almost forgot, CIC changed rules about IEC's spouse OWP - AGAIN!!
Work in Canada temporarily
so, if IEC holder manages to get skilled job, spouse gets OWP (after few paystubs).
Date Modified: 2015-03-02

Last edited by La_LuNa; Mar 4th 2015 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
I am in a similar situation here but not sure as well. Cannot see why it should be an issue though if applying from inside the country. Also I thought regardless of whether it was first or second time in IEC the application process was slightly different from inside or outside Canada yet when I made my first application I was actually visiting Canada at the time and got in whilst there. Don't know if that helps any.
I'm in the same boat though mine expires in mid April, so I've been worried for weeks/months about the delay in this.

As far as I was aware it didn't matter. I thought I'd read people in the past applying from here. The only difference being you're already on it so you got to select that when on the Kompass page etc.

The longer it goes on the more confused I am as to what I can do and if I have to stop working whilst I wait for the POE letter.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

You may be confusing me with somebody else lol.

If you have the time, read my previous posts here and you will see that I usually thank those who replied to my questions (I probably didn't do it to the last questions I asked but I don't know where the ''never'' came from).
You're parasitic. You do ZERO research, expect us to get any and every bit of info to you on a platter, and if memory serves aren't you the guy that just wants IEC so you can bum around Canada for 24 months with no job?!?!?!

I've also never seen you chime in with any info or advice.

Last edited by David3627; Mar 4th 2015 at 11:06 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
hey guys, I'd like to hear your thoughts about that Itinerary thing....
our PCCs should be ready tomorrow so we'd like to upload and finish our stage 2 (mycic) application... besides PCC, Itinerary's the only thing left for upload.....

I have to say, I'm a bit scared....
our situation is even more complicated since we have province nomination and ongoing outland PR application (no AOR yet, tho)..

I have no idea what to do about Itinerary thing...
we do not want to buy tickets before we get LOI!! same thing is advised in CAL, btw..
so, that leaves us with what, word/pdf doc in which we'll say where we plan to land, what kind of jobs we plan to look for, right?
what happens if we say now our POE'll be, I dunno, Calgary, but when we actually buy tickets after few weeks, we decide to land in Winnipeg?
or wherever?
From what I understood, they basically want your plans and info on what you intend on doing. Like for example: Land in Edmonton around June, find a rental place there and look for a waiting job downtown. I think that's the gist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.