IEC 2015

Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by Leaf25
I'm in the same boat though mine expires in mid April, so I've been worried for weeks/months about the delay in this.

As far as I was aware it didn't matter. I thought I'd read people in the past applying from here. The only difference being you're already on it so you got to select that when on the Kompass page etc.

The longer it goes on the more confused I am as to what I can do and if I have to stop working whilst I wait for the POE letter.
You have to legally stop working even if you plan on flagpoling to get your new TWP the next day your current TWP expires!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by David3627
From what I understood, they basically want your plans and info on what you intend on doing. Like for example: Land in Edmonton around June, find a rental place there and look for a waiting job downtown. I think that's the gist.
yeah, we're really confused...
a friend of mine called CIC today regarding Itinerary, asked specifically what if we say we'll enter Canada in one place, but in the end we enter in completely another... agent said she THINKS there should be no problem, but she'll check...
that's what bugs me, personally, the most..
more, what if we say well be in just one province and town all the time? (we plan to do exactly that)..
is it okay?
or not, since, we all know what WH should look like
troubles, troubles...
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
yeah, we're really confused...
a friend of mine called CIC today regarding Itinerary, asked specifically what if we say we'll enter Canada in one place, but in the end we enter in completely another... agent said she THINKS there should be no problem, but she'll check...
that's what bugs me, personally, the most..
more, what if we say well be in just one province and town all the time? (we plan to do exactly that)..
is it okay?
or not, since, we all know what WH should look like
troubles, troubles...
It's fine, you can be wherever you want to be for however long. It's probably just a data collection process. Sure, some people have views of what you should be doing on a working holiday, but unless there is ever any requirement set out for you to do xy and z with it, don't overthink it.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
It's fine, you can be wherever you want to be for however long. It's probably just a data collection process. Sure, some people have views of what you should be doing on a working holiday, but unless there is ever any requirement set out for you to do xy and z with it, don't overthink it.
Exactly this. You just give them your intentions. Definition of intention is not necessarily reality ;-)
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to legally stop working even if you plan on flagpoling to get your new TWP the next day your current TWP expires!
I was planning on going back to the UK for a week or so and then returning before my current one expires but the way it's going I may have to flagpole first.

Or are you saying I've got to stop regardless? Have I got to formally hand my notice in, be off the companie's payroll etc? I have a permanent job in IT.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 12:10 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning on going back to the UK for a week or so and then returning before my current one expires but the way it's going I may have to flagpole first.

Or are you saying I've got to stop regardless? Have I got to formally hand my notice in, be off the company's payroll etc? I have a permanent job in IT.
Once your WP expires, you must not perform any work unless your new WP runs consecutively. If it does, there is no need to quit or be terminated, if it does not, your employment needs to be terminated.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Once your WP expires, you must not perform any work unless your new WP runs consecutively. If it does, there is no need to quit or be terminated, if it does not, your employment needs to be terminated.
So unpaid leave would be ok? If I'm still an employee but not working because I'm on vacation leave?

Mine expires mid April, if I don't get a POE until say the end of April, I'd need to hand in my notice before my current one expires and then sit it out until I got the POE, then flagpole etc, and then re-enroll/re-join the company?

It would be awesome if my uncle could sponsor me with PR as he is a Canadian citizen

Last edited by Leaf25; Mar 5th 2015 at 12:45 am.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 12:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

So unpaid leave would be ok? If I'm still an employee but not working because I'm on vacation leave?

Mine expires mid April, if I don't get a POE until say the end of April, I'd need to hand in my notice before my current one expires and then sit it out until I got the POE, then flagpole etc, and then re-enroll/re-join the company?

It would be awesome if my uncle could sponsor me with PR as he is a Canadian citizen
Note Before your IEC expires you have toapply for visitors status, if you don't you won't have any status in Canada.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Note Before your IEC expires you have toapply for visitors status, if you don't you won't have any status in Canada.
Yes I heard about this. How long does that take? Did I read that you can do that at local Service Canada office?

That mean I have to surrender my driving licence etc?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:10 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I heard about this. How long does that take? Did I read that you can do that at local Service Canada office?

That mean I have to surrender my driving licence etc?
Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada explains how to do it

Don't have to give up your driving licence. Your temporary SIN will expire though. Provincial healthcard will too if I recall correctly.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Or are you saying I've got to stop regardless? Have I got to formally hand my notice in, be off the companie's payroll etc? I have a permanent job in IT.
Yes I'm afraid so. Not sure what all this 'if it runs consecutively' business is about but when I spoke to CIC on the phone and asked a question online (either here or canadavisa dot com they all said I had to leave work formally.

I would chase this up as a matter of urgency.

You do also need to apply for a temporary visitor permit and it is encouraged you do that at LEAST a month before your TWP expires. I got mine OK. Don't remember how long it took but you get assumed visitor status until you hear from CIC. It might help to explain to CIC at the time of application that you're looking to go back to the same employer and applying for IEC 2014 and offer reference numbers and dates for everything. It would help the agent get a full picture and see you're not just a kid/chancer.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada explains how to do it

Don't have to give up your driving licence. Your temporary SIN will expire though. Provincial healthcard will too if I recall correctly.
Thanks, is the right page and form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Or literally the link you sent me and following the numbered steps?

I'm a little confused :-/
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Yes I'm afraid so. Not sure what all this 'if it runs consecutively' business is about but when I spoke to CIC on the phone and asked a question online (either here or canadavisa dot com they all said I had to leave work formally.

I would chase this up as a matter of urgency.

You do also need to apply for a temporary visitor permit and it is encouraged you do that at LEAST a month before your TWP expires. I got mine OK. Don't remember how long it took but you get assumed visitor status until you hear from CIC. It might help to explain to CIC at the time of application that you're looking to go back to the same employer and applying for IEC 2014 and offer reference numbers and dates for everything. It would help the agent get a full picture and see you're not just a kid/chancer.
Thank you. Work shouldn't be a problem I can work something out with that in terms of leaving/handing notice in. Just need to sort visitor status. Once that is sent off does implied status kick in once TWP expires???

I'm a little confused which forms to fill in and if online is quicker? I basically want to cover myself for when mine expires in mid April.

If i'm on implied status and get POE letter I presume going back to UK and coming back is fine. I haven't been back since I arrived!

Also I didn't think you could call CIC? Have they got a number?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:35 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your uncle is your only living relative I don't think its possible...
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Unless your uncle is your only living relative I don't think its possible...
depends where..
in MB uncle could sponsor him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.