IEC 2015

Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:27 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They won't know in December when it's going to open though, it will depend on numerous factors, and I don't see how they can give people that much notice.

It doesn't allow you to work, I was just correcting your statement that people 'had to leave the country'.

HTH.
Aah ok. Well all I was told was that I would have to leave the country and then re-enter even if I wanted to come back in as a visitor because you have to prove that you left before the expiration of the working holiday visa.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Aah ok. Well all I was told was that I would have to leave the country and then re-enter even if I wanted to come back in as a visitor because you have to prove that you left before the expiration of the working holiday visa.
Yes, you'd just 'flagpole' to active your new visitor status, same as if you were activating a new IEC visa. Trip around the flagpole-Canada : British Expat Wiki

HTH.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:31 am
PottsyJ

Yes, you'd just 'flagpole' to active your new visitor status, same as if you were activating a new IEC visa. Trip around the flagpole-Canada : British Expat Wiki

HTH.
Thanks very much for the information.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the information.
No probs. Good luck with your IEC app.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

HTH.
Really? I was under the impression in this instance you don't need to leave the country once changed status to visitor, they send the visitor record in the mail no?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Any contacts from your previous time on IEC's that would help you with a job offer maybe?
That's going to be the first route of exploitation... haha. I'm still surprisingly positive, despite having no current 'active' routes over. Where there's a will, there's a way, and all that.

I've expended far far too much energy and stress over this to just give up.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Redgamble is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had to assign my mum to regular checks on when it opens for me .
I'm working in the middle of a field with no phone signal in bloody Essex between 7am-6pm every week day (bar today). Shes living it up in Ontario not having to work at the moment. Shes literally checking every 15 mins between 9am-7pm EST. The wait is killing me!

I even renewed my Toronto FC season ticket... I gotta get back
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redgamble
I even renewed my Toronto FC season ticket... I gotta get back
That's a bloody big deal
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Redgamble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
That's a bloody big deal
Hahaha
Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Just emailed CIC again saying:

"Just to clarify something; whilst I acknowledge that you do not consider BUNAC a recognised organisation, you do consider SWAP to be. As per the SWAP website, their UK affiliate is BUNAC: http://swap.ca/in_eng/partner_organi...#unitedkingdom. Does that not make them one and the same? And therefore applications through BUNAC are in fact applications through SWAP, and therefore participation through a recognised organisation?

With regard to the “pre-2015” statement, would you be able to clarify what is meant by “Participation in International Experience Canada (IEC) with a recognized organization does not count towards the frequency of participation allowed by the specific country agreements.” (Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ence/bilat.asp)."

I'm not expecting them to change their stance, but I am in a pedantic mood. I feel like they need to be made aware of what a joke their website is, and start taking some responsibility for posting conflicting, confusing and misleading information. I realise I won't get anywhere, but it'll make me feel better!!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Just emailed CIC again saying:

"Just to clarify something; whilst I acknowledge that you do not consider BUNAC a recognised organisation, you do consider SWAP to be. As per the SWAP website, their UK affiliate is BUNAC: SWAP working holidays | partner organizations | English. Does that not make them one and the same? And therefore applications through BUNAC are in fact applications through SWAP, and therefore participation through a recognised organisation?

With regard to the “pre-2015” statement, would you be able to clarify what is meant by “Participation in International Experience Canada (IEC) with a recognized organization does not count towards the frequency of participation allowed by the specific country agreements.” (Source - International Mobility Program: Canadian interests – Reciprocal employment – International Experience Canada – Bilateral agreements)."

I'm not expecting them to change their stance, but I am in a pedantic mood. I feel like they need to be made aware of what a joke their website is, and start taking some responsibility for posting conflicting, confusing and misleading information. I realise I won't get anywhere, but it'll make me feel better!!
Excellent! Well keep us posted, great that it's coming from your email chain. A lot of contradictory information as per usual
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:36 pm
PottsyJ

Is everybody thinking if it doesn't open today that there will definitely be no activity over the weekend?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Really? I was under the impression in this instance you don't need to leave the country once changed status to visitor, they send the visitor record in the mail no?
This is what happened to me. I went from what from working holiday straight to visitor.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is everybody thinking if it doesn't open today that there will definitely be no activity over the weekend?
I read somewhere that they have previously opened on Saturdays, so I wouldn't rule it out
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:51 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt101
I read somewhere that they have previously opened on Saturdays, so I wouldn't rule it out
Only with one of French ones. Generally they don't as they are government employees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.