IEC 2015

Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:12 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Do we know if there are any other countries or YP/CO-OPs being released tomorrow?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:38 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orly
What delay?
The fact that so many people started there last years visa in January and that due to the change of release date this year by two whole months and then a further delay of half a month people have had to leave the country because they can no longer continue to work on last years one!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
The fact that so many people started there last years visa in January and that due to the change of release date this year by two whole months and then a further delay of half a month people have had to leave the country because they can no longer continue to work on last years one!
There's no 'delay' though, it's not a fixed date and has always varied between the end of November and March in the past, not sure why those that have had to stop working (they didn't need to actually leave Canada) are blaming CIC for them not knowing that.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
But it will probably be open for about 5 minutes...so not many posts!
Ha ha ha. They went within 7 minutes last year and we still had hundreds of posts.

Originally Posted by orly
2,000 will be asking if it's actually opened yet. 2,000 more will saying "yes, you missed it". The rest will be posting swear words.
Yep. And blaming CIC for everything of course.

I. Can't. Wait.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:51 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ha ha ha. They went within 7 minutes last year and we still had hundreds of posts.

Around 15 minutes last year for the first round. I got mine at number 337 after 9 minutes
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:07 am
PottsyJ

There's no 'delay' though, it's not a fixed date and has always varied between the end of November and March in the past, not sure why those that have had to stop working (they didn't need to actually leave Canada) are blaming CIC for them not knowing that.
Yeah and that alone that it can be anything over a 4 month period. How many people have you seen on this forum that have paid for a police check in November or December based on maybe opening around the same time as the last one?! Who now will probably have to pay another 80 pound or so for a 2nd one because it will have gone past its validity by the same they have to submit it.

Why would they not have to leave?! You are told when you enter the country that you have to leave before the expiration of your working holiday visa!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Today appears to mark the end of my IEC journey. I received the below email from CIC last night:

"BUNAC is not a recognized organization with CIC, therefore any past participations under BUNAC count towards frequency of participation for IEC. There is a new rule this year where any past participation under IEC (regardless of the year), count towards frequency of participation for IEC.

Therefore as per our website: if you participated in IEC before 2015 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2015 are no longer eligible to apply."

In a way, I'm kind of glad I don't have to deal with the stress of it all any more. Obviously I'm gutted, but at least now I know for sure and can stop worrying about it.

I guess I'm just going to look into Post-Grad study at SFU or UBC (or any Canadian university for that matter), or extensive networking in the hope of securing a job from the UK.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still eligible, I hope that you all get a place.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:14 am
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Today appears to mark the end of my IEC journey. I received the below email from CIC last night:

"BUNAC is not a recognized organization with CIC, therefore any past participations under BUNAC count towards frequency of participation for IEC. There is a new rule this year where any past participation under IEC (regardless of the year), count towards frequency of participation for IEC.

Therefore as per our website: if you participated in IEC before 2015 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2015 are no longer eligible to apply."

In a way, I'm kind of glad I don't have to deal with the stress of it all any more. Obviously I'm gutted, but at least now I know for sure and can stop worrying about it.

I guess I'm just going to look into Post-Grad study at SFU or UBC (or any Canadian university for that matter), or extensive networking in the hope of securing a job from the UK.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still eligible, I hope that you all get a place.
Sorry to hear that kswoosh, here's hoping you can do the study or secure a job and make your way over
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah and that alone that it can be anything over a 4 month period. How many people have you seen on this forum that have paid for a police check in November or December based on maybe opening around the same time as the last one?!
That's hardly CIC's fault though.

YWho now will probably have to pay another 80 pound or so for a 2nd one because it will have gone past its validity by the same they have to submit it.
Not sure why it would be 'another' £80, given that that's the fee for express delivery and normally it would be £45. If people have got their ACPO's before the program's even opened then presumably they've paid for normal processing as there would have been no rush. But again, I don't see how that's CIC's fault if people have chosen to pay for a service that they know they may not need for another 3 or 4 months?

Why would they not have to leave?! You are told when you enter the country that you have to leave before the expiration of your working holiday visa!
You do, unless you switch to another status - applying to change to visitor status is quick and easy and can be done online, so they could do that and then stay in Canada. Your previous thread might be worth a re-read - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11327577

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 27th 2015 at 9:18 am.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thelikelylad
Sorry to hear that kswoosh, here's hoping you can do the study or secure a job and make your way over
Thanks. I'll still hang around the forum. Hopefully, if nothing else, I can offer advice to others and they can benefit from my experience.

Given the amount of research I have put into this (both PR and IEC) it would be a shame for it to go to waste.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. I'll still hang around the forum. Hopefully, if nothing else, I can offer advice to others and they can benefit from my experience.

Given the amount of research I have put into this (both PR and IEC) it would be a shame for it to go to waste.
Sorry to hear about this, I'm sure you'll find another way to make it over though.

Any contacts from your previous time on IEC's that would help you with a job offer maybe?

Best of luck.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect example of how the rules can and will change. Sorry to hear this, I keep my fingers crossed that something works out in your favour!!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:22 am
PottsyJ

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;11578216]That's hardly CIC's fault though.

Is there anything stopping them though in December just making a note on the page telling people that it would not open for at least mid February. Then at least people could have made plans around that?

Also I didn't know there was a visitor record that you could get that would allow you to continue to work so sorry there.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Is there anything stopping them though in December just making a note on the page telling people that it would not open for at least mid February. Then at least people could have made plans around that?
They won't know in December when it's going to open though, it will depend on numerous factors, and I don't see how they can give people that much notice.

Also I didn't know there was a visitor record that you could get that would allow you to continue to work so sorry there.
It doesn't allow you to work, I was just correcting your statement that people 'had to leave the country'.

HTH.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Joepottinger;11578226]
That's hardly CIC's fault though.

Well yes, because they don't know when it will open. Same happened at the end of 2012. Personally, I always recommend waiting until you atleast know you have a place to get a police check. The competition for places increases each year so could be a waste of money. If you get a place and don';t have your police check ready, CIC have already stated that you can request additional time to obtain this by uploading a letter of explanation in place of the certificate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.